Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 5: She finds out

Chapter 5: She finds out and the Cullens aren’t happy.
~Seth Clearwater~
The sun was shining brightly and I didn’t need Alice to tell that it was definitely going to be a warm day with no rain.
Kanie’s scent had left a trail that lead up to a familiar site, only that I couldn’t quite pin down why it was so familiar. But it didn’t matter, this was still Forks and it wouldn’t be dangerous.
I spotted the bike she lent from Jacob parked beside the trail, but from her scent, I could see she didn’t take that path.
I ran after her scent, still in my wolf form.
A student journalist from California taking an off-path in Forks? I could tell she’ll never make it back alive.
But then again, it had its advantage.
Such as being able to have her alone and reliant on me when I found her. Ha ha.
Although I would have to find an excuse for being exactly where she was, but who cares when I could have her?
The further I ran, the stronger her scent became. Sweet, spicy, unique. I could tell I was getting addicted to her like… what was that Edward said that Bella told me about when she pregnant? Oh yeah, “my own personal brand of heroine.”
Except that, unlike Edward, I didn’t want to drink her blood or hurt her.
I stopped in my tracks.
Hurt her
I had no control in this form, how can I possibly be sure not to hurt her? Even Tom had been out of control once, even Jacob was insistent that it was dangerous for Bella to hang out with him at first—that was until it became bluntly obvious that Bella simply could not stay away from monsters like us.
Monsters
The depressed feeling in me was uncontrollable. Never have I ever been scared of my identity. I’ve always been proud, always want to participate in one of the wolf fights against vampires, but the thought of losing control for slightest bit of a second and hurting her… it was overwhelming.
It was too late though.
I noticed that my legs had been walking on their own account and Kanie’s scent hit me like the heat.
But there was another scent too, only not as sweet and rather revolting… but still tolerable.
The Cullens.
Before I knew it, my own legs had move again, this time to jump in front of Kanie where the Cullens were approaching, they were still far, but I want to be in front of her when they arrived.
Whatever made me do it—jump in front of her, I mean—it was a moment of cautiousness for sure. I had always trust the Cullens especially Esme and Charlisle, but I couldn’t risk anything with Kanie.
That’s how I found her looking through her contacts and straight into my eyes.
She gasped at the sight of me then frowned when I didn’t attack, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.
She leaned forward, warily, to touch the side of my face. When I let her, her defenses completely dropped.
“Wow, I never knew big creatures like you existed,” she muttered.
I imagined the biggest she’s seen was a baby German Shepherd.
“The biggest I’ve seen was half your size,” she giggled as if she read my mind, though I knew better than that. Still, it wiped the previous image off completely; half my size was impressive enough. “But you’re not a dog,” she continued, “you’re a wolf. A huge one. And much better than a dog,” she cooed.
If I had a face, I would have grinned. Instead, my tongue, along with a whole line of saliva, came out. “Eww… I can’t praise you a bit, can I?” she laughed as she mockingly pushed my head away.
She was so beautiful, both on the inside and on the outside, and those brown eyes of here held nothing but kindness. She love animals, dogs and wolfs especially. How could I ever have thought that she never touched dirt before?
The Cullens chose that time to come barging in.
“Hello, Kanie!” I heard Alice say. I turned to face her and Jasper then let out a warning growl. “Being protective?” Alice asked, bemused. Urgh. Stupid, Alice. I warning them for the reason that I didn’t want Kanie to know what I was just yet!
“For the wrong reasons,” Edward filled in on my account as he arrived with Bella, hand-in-hand. I felt envious. I knew I wanted that with Kanie.
Alice nodded then turned to distract Kanie.
Thank you, I thought before I replayed last night’s events to Edward.
A frown became visible on Edward’s face. “What is it?” Bella asked in a voice no human could hear. “She knows things,” he replied, “and the werewolves feel threatened.”
Mostly because it would attract the Volturi, I added, and Edward explained everything to Bella.
Bella nodded in understanding, the last meeting with the Volturi had taught all of us a lesson on the royal leeches’ behavior.
“Tom is right, this girl could be dangerous to us,” Edward muttered, “we don’t know anyone who can modify memories… as much as I hate it, we might have to kill her if she gets in too far.”
I snarled, Bella gasped, “Edward! How can you say that?”
Edward sighed, “You don’t understand, Bella, if the Volturi finds out, we would be left with only two choices. Kill her, or turn her. If we are too late and everyone in Forks finds out… there would be a mass murder…”
I was too distracted to hear the rest, all I care about was Kanie’s fate. I saw Jasper held as hand out and Kanie took it, telling him something in low voice.
Jasper turned to us, “I think she knows,” he said, with amusement that bemused Edward, Bella, and I. Even Alice was smiling.
Then Edward must have read their minds because he was smiling too.
Now there was only Bella and I who didn’t have a clue what was happening.
“I’m not planning to tell anyone about vampires. God, I’d sound so pathetic without proof!” Kanie laughed.
That confused me more. But Bella seemed to have gotten the hang of it.
“We do sparkle in the sunlight,” Bella added with a wicked smile that scared me.
“Yeah, but until you suck their blood, they’re going to think you’re probably some kind of alien, and that is boring news that the CIA should handle, not me.”
“But werewolves aren’t?” Edward asked.
Kanie rolled her eyes, “They’re easier to prove… and they asked for it”
Alice let out a frustrated sigh, she must have been trying to see the future, “If the Volturi finds out, Kanie, you’re dead.”
“Well, what do you see? Am I dead?”
“That’s it, I can’t see!” Alice shook her head in further frustration.
Then everyone, except Kanie, turned to stare at me.
Okay, okay, I can take a hint. I’ll leave, but then so does she, I motioned towards Kanie.
Jasper and Edward grinned, one obviously read my mind, the other read my feelings. God, it is damn maddening to deal with vampires.
Then Bella spoke, “It’s not use keeping more information from her, she’s going to die if the Volturi finds out anyways, so why not fill her in? She’s dying to know.”
What?
“We’ll keep her safe, we trust her,” Alice muttered to me, “As for the wolfie clan, that’s your job to give her a reason to keep to shut up.” Her voice made a dramatic dip as she bent towards my ear, “She hates the wolves right now, Seth, all she wants the ability to keep her dignity. It’s better to let her in than to deprive her of her right to know. Since you have given her the right anyways.” She pulled back up and winked at me. As Bella turned around and gave me a knowing smile.
I might as well have gone to hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the subscribers!

Comment please! You won't be dissapointed!