Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 8: The Truth About Me

~Kanie’s Point of View~
After almost an hour, my tears cleared up and the dog… or wolf… in front of me whined.
I smiled, “I’m sorry, I’ve just been through a lot lately.” I hugged him again and sniffed his fur, “Eww… you stinky dog,” I commented. The next minute, the dog had pushed me to the ground so I was on my back, giggling like hell, as it put its paws on my chest, acting as if it was pissed, but I knew it actually wasn’t.
I looked into its eyes and saw through it, “You know what I see in you?” I asked. The dog eyes seemed to have widen, “I see that you aren’t exactly a dog… or wolf… and that you’re kind, loving, and such an innocent kid.” It whined, and I knew if it had a face, it would have pouted at my last remark. I laughed, and then pushed it off me gently as a thought came into my mind.
“Want to pay a visit to the Cullen’s together? There’s something I need them help me with,” I said. The wolf made a sound that seemed like a protest, but then did its version of nodding.
I laughed again and got on my motorbike, “Don’t worry, I’ll ride slowly,” I teased, and the wolf gave me another ‘pouting cry’.
It was the strangest creature I’ve ever came across… apart from myself, that is.

“So you’re saying that you start fire?” Bella asked with bewilderment embedded on her face.
“And control the four elements of nature, as well as sense stuff,” I added. Bella turned to look questioningly at Edward and Alice.
But they looked just as confused as she was. In fact, everyone in the room—which consisted of Bella, Edward, Alice, Rosalie, Esme, and Carlisle—seemed bemused.
Carlisle, however, was frowning. He turned to look at everyone, “Do you remember how I explained to you that my father had been one of those that hunted vampires?”
I nodded; Carlisle had explained that to me the last time I was here. “And it is commonly known throughout history that many women were accused of being witches then burned at the stake,” I added. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rosalie stiffen. I resisted the urge to laugh. If she was at the right place, at the right time, she might as well have been considered a witch for her alluring beauty, and she definitely knows that fact.
Even if I had wanted to laugh and point out that I knew what Rosalie was thinking, I didn’t need to, Edward did the job for me.
“What?” Rosalie demanded.
“Your mind is so clear, my dear sister, I don’t think I’m the only one who can read it,” Edward chuckled.
Whao, I had nice guess, didn’t I, Edward?
Edward burst into fits of laugher and Rosalie shot me one of her b*tchy, get lost looks.
Alice wrinkled her nose and cut in, “If you three don’t stop now, someone’s car will be destroyed.”
Edward flinched, and then stopped immediately.
Bella smiled, and whispered in my ear, “Stupid, shinny Volvo owner.”
“I heard that, Bella,” Edward said in his sexiest, musical voice… that had no effect on me whatsoever.
Emmett and Jasper came back that second. “Did I hear something about witch?” Emmett chuckled.
Carlisle, who was watching the exchange between me and his “sons and daughters” with a smile on his face, frowned again, “There were several patients that were called ‘fire-starters,’ rumored to posses the ability to start fires. Unfortunately, I never took an interest in those, but I see now that I was just ignorant.”
I blinked, “Well… what happened to them?” I asked.
Carlisle gazed at me with a sad look in his eyes, “They were killed.”
My eyes dropped to the floor, “Oh.”
“But that was in the 17th century, Kanie, it’s different now.”
I shook my head, and sat on a nearby stool, which made me have to cram my neck to look up at Carlisle, thanks to the fact that I was only 5’ 3” (at least Bella’s 5’ 4”) “It’s not. If I tell anyone, anyone apart from you all, I’ll just be locked up in some experiment lab or hospital.”
“You could tell Seth,” Alice suggested with a smile as she turned to look at the dog friend I bough along with me.
I sighed, “Seth will hate me.”
“No, he won’t,” Alice retorted.
“Yes, he will,” Jasper, who had been silent the whole conversation, suddenly said.
I looked at him, “What?”
Jasper came in front of me and got down to his knees then took my hand. Everyone in the room tensed. Not only did Jasper have to put a lot of effort into controlling his appetite, but the fact that he had taken my hand was simply weird.
“I’ve never told anyone this, but I’ve met someone like you,” Jasper confessed.
I blinked as a sense of calmness washed over me before Jasper opened his mouth to say, “You’re a witch”
“You witch, you evil witch! You’re the reason he’s dead! I hate you! I hate you!”
Tears rolled down my cheeks as Jasper felt what I was feeling and Edward read my mind. In flash, both Edward and my wolf companion was beside me. Then everyone else circled around me with worried looks on their faces.
“I’m… sorry,” Edward said.
I nodded. What Tami had said was true; I was truly a witch, I was the cause of Sean’s death… I belong in hell.
Jasper and Edward’s eyes widen. Another feeling washed through me again… happiness. Oh, Jasper.
“No,” Jasper said as he reached to grab my shoulders, “whatever you did, you couldn’t control it. It’s common. But after the first time, you’ll be in perfect control of it. You deserve to live, do you understand me?” He gave me a soft shake.
I shook my head, “You don’t understand…” I took a deep breath, “I’ll think it about later… what I want to know now is what exactly is a witch.”
“That’s easy,” Emmett cut in, “some like my baby, Rosalie!”
I laughed, the weight of my depression truly disappearing.
Jasper smiled, “Well let’s just say that witches are just like us and werewolves. We have good powers; vampires, as you know, are fast, strong, and they have that extra special power that varies depending on what was their strong point when human… and we also have venom.” Jasper looked uneasily at me for the last bit, but I showed him I didn’t mind by nodding, “Werewolves,” he continued “shape shift into creatures faster and stronger than vampires; witches’ have powers that work a lot like our special powers, except that instead of one special power, there are at least two, and maximized ten times better than ours. Or they are powers that none of us will ever have. As for other witches, your power is unique. In your case, you can control and produce the four elements as if it’s a part of you, no one else can… not even other witches.”
Several of the Cullens gasped.
“Well, actually witches can do it, but not as fast as you can because they’ll have to a spell, and not as powerful as you can.”
To show his point, he took my hand again then squeezed it, hard. Instinctively, I fought back by squeezing his. Of course, I knew it was hopeless… until my hand burst into flames.
Jasper immediately loosened his grip and my fire extinguished, so Jasper kept hand in place as ice formed around our hands, cooling off the fire.
Alice, of course, had panicked and would have interrupted if it wasn’t for Bella, who stopped her.
Then I remember, “What do you mean Seth will hate me?”
Jasper shifted uncomfortably, “I don’t know why it’s not known to Hollywood… but in history, werewolves have had conflicts with kinds of witches… in other words, a lot witches are… werewolves’ enemies and in general… witches are never trusted by the werewolves and are generally killed if they place a foot on their territory.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yesss Jasper is going to be biiiigggg!!!

Comment!