Status: Completed

Trust or Kill

Chapter 9: Jasper's Confession

~Kanie’s point of view~
Well, I’m just as good as the vampires.
Yep, I’m dead meat.
Being a witch makes absolutely no difference to the werewolves, they still don’t trust me… OK, it does make a difference; I’m going to be killed as soon as they find out.
That’s why I stayed at the Cullen’s place that day. My wolf friend whined about that for some reason. Sometimes I think he’s just so whiny, but in the end he left, back to his home I supposed.
I didn’t tell any of the Clearwaters where I was staying because I didn’t want them to know where I was… Seth especially.
Then I realized something…
“Jasper!” Jasper turned around, “Yes?”
“Why exactly don’t the wolves trust witches? Is it because we’re a threat to them or something?”
Jasper nodded, “Imagine this. I heard of wolves surrounds you, and then you use fire to protect yourself and let your fire fly free. They don’t have to run, they don’t have to fight, they’re doomed.”
The fire in the barn expanded. Even though Sean had asked me to run and leave him… and don’t watch, just run… I couldn’t. I had to see, to see Sean find a way out and escape the fire.
Only he never did.
And I had the power of water with me all along, and I didn’t use it.
This is one of the reasons I don’t deserve to live.
Jasper’s face was turned from serious to confused, and I knew it was time to run. But just then, a voice, coming from the house, sounding extremely like Edward’s, yelled, “Grab her!” and in a flash, Jasper had his arms around me.
“Don’t come down, I can handle it,” Jasper snarled.
I turned around in his arms and hugged him as tears had once again taken over me, “Just tell me one more thing,” I muttered.
“No,” Jasper said.
“I need to know why there are times when I’m so deeply in love with Jacob when the normal me should be in love with Seth or at least people like you, who actually stands by me.”
Jasper pulled me away but kept his grip on my shoulders, “You love Jacob?”
I nodded.
The next thing I knew, he swung me onto his back, “Come with me into the woods, far away from here. There’s something you need to know,” he said.
I nodded again, knowing that he would feel my move.
Then he started running, and the nausea immediately struck me.
Now I understand what Bella meant by closing my eyes when running at the speed of a vampire’s. Jasper was truly fast and scary.

“Kanie,” Jasper said as he finally reached a spot far enough from the Cullen’s place and put me down, “Kanie Elizabeth Heigle,” he breathed as he turned his back to me
I looked at him. That was the name that had always felt as if it should have been my name, but I never told anyone, so how could he possibly have known?
“Kanie Elizabeth Heigle,” he said again, “descendent of the Heigles.”
I blinked, “No, that can’t be possible, my surname’s Park.”
He turned back to me, “No. You were born as a Park, but your true blood belongs to the Heigles. They chose which families to carry their child before they vanish from Earth. They imprint the spell on the fetus of an ordinary woman and the fetus would turn into one of them. You are a Park, but you are also a true blood of the Heigles.”
“How do you know all this?”
He gaze became intense, “I was in love with the Heigle before you. She was the only witch I knew, the only person I loved apart from Alice.”
That made sense…
“Her name was Sarah Elizabeth Heigle, and married Billy Black.”
OK, that lost me… No, wait… WHAT?
“Okay… so what does this have to do with me and Jacob? And does this mean that I’m a witch that could be trusted by them?”
“I’ll answer your second first; no, you will never be trusted because neither the older Black nor his son knows about this, and there is no proof of it. As for your second… it’s legacy, witches do not put their powers into their child, they put it into someone else’s child… a girl, and that girl will be destined to marry their child.”
My heart sank, “So this means… I’m bounded to be with Jacob?”
Jasper turned to me, “Yes… and no… depending on how strong you are.”
“Sarah wasn’t strong enough to leave with you, was she?” I didn’t know how I knew that… I just did.
Jasper turned away again, “No… she wasn’t. But you’re easier, Kanie, Jacob has imprinted on Bella’s daughter. Imprintment is always stronger, the rest depends on whether you can fight your curse or not.”
Well, if Sarah couldn’t fight it for someone like Jasper… what are my chances? I have to doomed the rest of my life to loving Jacob?
I didn’t care about anything, all I knew was that it wasn’t fair. I deserve a better life; I deserve to chose my own path.
This wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t come to Forks.

~Seth’s P.O.V~
I was getting sick of my wolf form so I went home and transformed back to my human self and set out for the Cullen’s place again.
Only to arrive and find that Kanie had gone with Jasper to somewhere deep in the woods.
“YOU TRUST HIM ENOUGH TO LET HIM GO WITH HER ALONE?” I yelled at Alice.
I could tell that if she could, she would have already broken into tears.
“Seth,” Bella said, “Jasper is getting better at this, and Kanie’s a witch, she can protect herself if something happens.”
“Well, I still don’t trust a vampire,” I gritted my teeth. Especially one that took her hand as if she was his lover.
Edward caught my eye, and I understood immediately that he knew something about this.
The next minute he was out of the door and I followed him, “Edward,” I said as I closed the door behind me, “I know you know something, and I don’t care how far away we have to go from here, I need to know the truth… I love Kanie, I need to know.”
Edward looked at the door to his house, then back to me, “Alright.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!!!!!