Sequel: A Mistaken Kiss
Status: how do you guys like the new layout??(:

Arranged and pregnant. With two different people.

Number1

I slipped on a zip-up hoodie and sighed. I really didn’t want to do this, but we’d already made plans. It would be very rude of me to just… stand everybody up.
Cody was waiting downstairs.
No we weren’t making a big deal of our FIRST OFFICAL DATE by dressing up and acting all nervous and lovey-dovey and shit. No. I strictly told Cody that this meant nothing. He insisted it was a date.
Why, you might ask, did I finally cave in and agree with him?
For one, I wanted the fucker to shut up. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t help fetuses if their un-biological father is whining like they will in a couple moneys because Mommy said no. Second, well, he brought up a good case when he tried.
Elm, Chase, and Trixie were all going. Each had their own dates. Cody told me that no matter what we would end up next to each other, and he would pay for everything. Just like a date.
So after about an hour of the complaining and the whining, I caved in.
Just for the peace.
“CARTS. LET’S GO!” Cody shouted up the stairs
“JUST WAIT A SECOND BUTTHOLE” I snapped, fixing my make—up. I checked myself one more time in the mirror before grabbing my phone and heading down the stairs.
Cody grinned at me as I walked down, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I made a face, but left it there, obnoxiously texting instead of talking to him.
“Can you believe it?” He grinned as we walked out to the car. Cody opened my car door for me, trying to act like a gentleman.
“Cut the shit, Cody” I muttered, buckling in.
“What shit?” he said, pretending he didn’t know what I was talking about
“It’s a date. It means nothing.”
“Its our first day” He said, pulling out of the driveway. Cody rested a hand on my knee, his smirk informing me he knew it got under my skin.
“If you’re going to keep acting like this, I’m not going to talk to you the entire time” I snapped
“Aw come on Carter. Lighten up. You might actually have fun for once” He grinned, giving me a boyish look that I hadn’t seen from him before. I faltered slightly, surprised that he had this face in him. It actually made him look a little…cute.
Ugh gross Carter
The pollution is finally becoming a toxic level. I just called Cody cute. I think I’m going to join an environmentalist club.
“Fine. But you better not act like a douche. That’s your only warning”
“Alright” He grinned stupidly, turning the radio on. I pushed his hand away, changing the channel to a rock station.
Cody left it there, tapping his fingers along to the beat.
We arrived at the theater fifteen minutes before the movie started. Cody parked the car, waiting for me right in front of it. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders again as we walked towards the ticket booth
“Take your arm off my shoulders, please” I hissed at him
He moved it to wrap around my waist.
I groaned, rolling my eyes and letting it stay there. There was no point to this. He’d find a way to keep his arm around me no matter what.
Cody walked up to the ticket booth when I saw Trixie and some guy looking confused.
“Hey I’m going to go make sure Trixie doesn’t kill herself” I said, pulling out of his arms and walking towards her.
“Trix!” I yelled, getting her attention
She turned around, confused for a second before seeing me “Carter!”
We hugged quickly, pulling away
“Carter, this is my boyfriend, Jasper” she introduced “Jasper, Carter”
We exchanged hellos.
I felt arms wrap around my waist. “Jasper this is Cody. Cody, jasper”
They muttered hi’s.
“Have you seen the other two?” I asked Trixie
“They’re inside already” Cody said, his chin on my shoulder. “We should probably go in and meet them”
I nodded, letting Cody lead the way. He grabbed my hand. I humored him and didn’t pull away. The boy seemed thrilled that this was a date. Who was I to be a bitch after I just said I’d lighten up?
The line for the snack bar was short, which gave Cody the idea that we deserved food. He pulled me up, ordering popcorn and a large soda
“You want anything else?” He muttered, looking down at me.
I looked up at him, not really paying attention “Hmm? No thanks”
I took the popcorn and Cody took the drink. I didn’t think I would be eating or drinking tonight considering I had eaten a ton of food right before. Cody gave the ticket-man our tickets and in exchange we earned the stubs and directions to the theater in a monotone voice.
We walked by theaters. I read the titles.
“Cody its this one” I said, turning towards the one we just passed
He laughed “Ahh.. Well here’s the deal”
“You didn’t” I said, anger bubbling up
“Oh but I did”
“I fucking hate you” I grumbled
“What happened to ‘loosening up’?” he teased
“That was before you dragged me into the motherfucker of movies!”
He grinned stupidly at me, letting me know that he found this hilarious “Come on. Everyone else is waiting for us in the theater”
We entered the theater just as the trailers finished up. The lights dimmed and a reminder to keep our feet off the seats popped up. Cody skimmed the rows, trying to find them.
I rolled my eyes, moving into the first row I could see. He laughed slightly, following me.
I plopped down, crossing my arms over my bump.
“Carter, chill. It’s not going to be that bad” Cody said, looking at me. I glared at him, not speaking.
He sighed, grabbing my hand
“How’s this. If you really don’t like it, we’ll just get up and leave. But you have to watch some of it first. Deal?” He said, rubbing his thumb on my skin
“Deal” I muttered, pulling my hand out of his for a handful of popcorn.
He grinned, setting the soda between us.
“Who are you and what have you done with my fiancée?” I asked
He laughed “I’m just really happy we’re on our first official date”
The movie started.
I leaned close so he could hear me “Yeah but it means nothing”
He leaned in to respond “Sure, sure. But you’re not denying the date”
I rolled my eyes, covering my smile with my hand. Cody smirked, taking a sip out of the soda. I stole the popcorn from his lap.
“What is this?!” He said, making me a giggle.
“This is MINE!” I smirked, protectively holding the bag of popcorn to me
“Really now” He smirked. “I beg to differ”
“Hey—” I said as he pulled it away
“SHH!” Someone hissed from behind us.
Cody looked behind us at another happy couple. I was giggling uncontrollably behind my hand, trying to keep quiet.
He faced forward looking a little disgusted that we had been told to shut up.
“Yoouu got iin trroouubbllee” I whispered in a sing-song voice
He stuck his tongue out at me
I rolled my eyes, focusing my attention on the movie.
The movie was pretty good. I’m not sure what the title was, but it was alright. Not too scary so far. Of course, we hadn’t reached the part where everything intensifies…
The popcorn had decreased drastically within the first couple minutes. I hadn’t taken a drink out of the soda yet, but I had to admit it. I was really enjoying myself sense I loosened up. Cody honestly wasn’t that bad of a guy.
He was actually kind of sweet.
I shook my head at that thought, trying to rid it from my mind. Cody looked at me weirdly. I rolled my eyes, ignoring it.
Cody wrapped his arm around me. I leaned into him, trying to hold back a smile. He leaned his cheek against the top of my head, taking a sip out of the soda.
Cody offered the bottle to me. I shook my head no
“You sure? It’s almost done”
“You fatty” I laughed “Yeah I’m sure”
I knew I couldn’t drink out of it. Once I did, it would be like everything I’d tried to hard to not let happen would. I didn’t want to get along with Cody. I wanted to forever hate him.
And now…
I just couldn’t do that.
SHIT.
Something just jumped out on the screen. I jumped in my seat, along with several other people. Cody give me an encouraging squeeze. I felt something soft press into my head, but I didn’t say anything. One, because I knew it would kill the mood. And two, I could only think of rude and arrogant things to say.
The movie picked up speed from there. I was fully engaged now, scared out of my pants. In a theater, horror movies were nothing like at home. I was already terrified of them to begin with, now we were in a theater where the fear was amplified.
Cody kept his arm around me the entire time, squeezing me slightly each time I jumped. Sometimes he would laugh. I would shove him playfully and tell him to shut up.
“Shit…shit…shit” I muttered at the climax. I covered my eyes has a gunshot sounded. A high-pitched scream pierced the theater and I knew blood was everywhere.
I kept my eyes closed until the movie was over.
Cody rubbing my arm soothingly.
“Carts, lights are on” He chuckled. I could hear the smirk in his voice. Sure enough, when I opened my eyes, his smirking face was in front of mine.
I blinked, my eyes adjusting to the emptying theater. We stood up, grabbing the trash. I felt a little accomplished—I hadn’t taken a sip of the soda at all. I kept a little of the old Carter with me still.
Cody wrapped his arm around my waist as soon as we were out of the theater and in the lobby. We found Trixie and the boys, each with their own date.
I didn’t care for introductions with the guy’s dates.
“Where were you guys?” I asked, slightly annoyed that we couldn’t find them
“The back. We saw you two walking in. Why would you go to the front?” Chase asked accusingly.
“Why were we in the front?” I asked Cody, knowing he knew Chase and Elm would be in the back by the tone of Chase’s voice. Cody shrugged, and quickly changed subject.
“Hey you guys want to grab some pizza?”
Everyone shook their heads in an apologetic no. Cody shrugged. I knew he didn’t really want pizza. He just didn’t want to answer the question
“Sorry man, gotta get home early” Chase said. “Glad you finally got her”
“He didn’t ‘get me’” I snapped, annoyed that they thought that
“Carts, chill” Cody whispered in my ear, pulling me closer to him. Why I didn’t pull away? I don’t know. But I snuck my hand around his waist under his jacket.
Elm winked at me, walking off with his date.
Trixie was long gone by then. That left just Cody and me.
“Let’s go Carter.” He said, leading the way to the car. I nodded, following.
“So what was that ‘avoiding the others’ deal about?” I asked as we exited the building
He grinned at me “I just wanted to be alone with you”
I rolled my eyes “Well you are every day”
“No, I mean, on a date alone with my girl”
“I’m not—”
“Relax, I know you’re not my girl yet”
I smiled at the ‘yet’ part.
Oh God what was happening to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
because i made CarolinaComplication's day... I'm going to do it again(:
LOVE YOU ALL:D
don't worry. it's not over just yet>:D
Subscribe& comment