Sequel: A Mistaken Kiss
Status: how do you guys like the new layout??(:

Arranged and pregnant. With two different people.

Prepping

***This chapter is in Carter’s POV***
“Thank you so much” I grinned at my friends, hugging each one in the goodbye. I hugged Trixie last, whispering another ‘thankyou’ in her ear. “This means so much to me”
“Well, you are getting married” Micki pointed out.
I groaned “Don’t remind me”
“Oh come on! He’s hot!” Sammy laughed “He’s gotta be amazing in bed”
I giggled with her “Shut up Sammy!”
We giggled, standing in my doorway. After a few moments we calmed down. I said my final goodbyes to my friends, knowing I’d see them in a few short hours at my wedding.
Holy shit.
I still hadn’t gotten it into my head that I was getting married. It all seemed like a dream. Wasn’t a supposed to fall in love with Cody by now? Isn’t that how its supposed to be? If anything, I was just friends with him.
Just barely.
I sat down on the couch, glancing at the time. 1:43.
I felt entirely relaxed. Today had been one of the most amazing days I’d had in the longest time. My massage had been given by one of the hottest guys I’d ever seen. Not only was his looks incredible, but his personality was perfect. Honestly, I’d rather be marrying him than Cody.
I grabbed a blanket, laying down on the couch underneath it. I turned the TV onto a late night talk show, my eyes heavy with sleep. I knew there was no way I would be awake when Cody returned from his party, but at least he’d think I waited for him.
I didn’t even care if he went to a strip club.
I was in too good of a mood right now.
The last thing I heard was the lame joke told at the end of the show before I fell asleep…
~*~
“Carter!”
I jumped up, eyes wide awake “YES?”
“How can you be thinking of sleeping there!” The shrill voice of my mother shrieked at me.
“Sleeping where?” I asked, rubbing my eyes, and falling back.
“On the couch! THE DAY OF YOUR WEDDING?”
I groaned, pulling the blanket above my head.
‘If I can’t see you, you can’t see me. Now go away!’ I thought, wishing she could hear me. She simply pulled the blanket off my body, leaving me the cold, harsh air.
“Get up now, young lady! You have to get ready!” She grabbed my wrist, forcing me up. I stumbled, nearly falling into the TV as I walked half-dead back up to my room. Mom pulled out a small gray dress and set it on the bed.
“Alright honey, you need to change into this. Wrap a robe around you and head down stairs. If you fall asleep you will be punished” She snapped “We need to make you beautiful-er”
“Beautiful-er?” I asked. “Mom, I may not be awake, but I know made up words”
“Oh sweetie, just get changed” She walked out, shutting the door gently behind me. I yawned, slipping out of my clothes and into the small dress. I barely had my eyes opening, fumbling around for the bathroom to grab a robe.
I slipped the comfy robe around me, grabbed a pair of flip-flops, and made my way back down stairs to where my mother and mother-in-law stood.
“Alright we’ve got a mani-pedi appointment scheduled for 8 o’clock. We’re going to be late if we don’t book it and they don’t reschedule” Sydney said. I rolled my eyes, following them out the door as we headed into the car.
I pulled out my phone, sending Cody a quick text.
‘Been kidnapped. C u @ alter’
I wasn’t expecting a reply for a while, figuring he probably got to sleep in while I had to spend my entire day prepping for the night I had been dreading from the start.
I put my phone back in the small pocket on the robe just as the car parked. They pulled me into a building and I began my day of prepping with a calming mani-pedi.
“What’s up on the agenda?” I yawned the question, barely able to get it out through my tiredness.
“Don’t worry, sweetie, you can sleep while you’re getting your hair done” Mom joked.
Unfortunately, I thought I was going to take her joke seriously. I was dead tired. I needed more sleep than the few hours I got.
“After this you’re getting your hair done and that should take a few hours” Sydney said, ignoring my mother’s joke. “Then we’re getting your dress sized again to make sure it still fits. If that doesn’t take too long you’re getting a wax and then we’re off to the wedding to prep you up as best we can before you’re up at the altar with my son getting married”
I didn’t hear anything she said.
My hearing stopped after one thing
“What the hell am I getting waxed?!” I shrieked, my feet kicking one of the worker in the face. She scolded me as I muttered an apology.
She ignored the harsh tone in my voice “Anything we have time for. Eyebrows, legs, pubic region, lower back,”
“Pubic region?! You mean my VAGINA?!” I hissed
Sydney nodded “That’s exactly what I mean”
“No no no no! I’m NOT getting my vag waxed! No way in HELL” I said, shaking my head.
“You don’t have a say in this Carter.” Mom said.
“Mother! I am your daughter! How can you let me go through something as painful as that!” I whined, really hoping she’d come through and pity me.
“Mothers in other countries do much worse to their children out of love. I’m not torturing you, this is for your own good. Trust me”
“No, its for Cody’s own good. I’m not going to enjoy it at all.”
“Trust me, you will” One of the workers said. I stared at her, flabbergasted that she was listening to our conversation. Let alone that she was trying to tell me I’d enjoy having my pussy waxed.
“See? Everyone agrees. You’re getting it waxed” Mom said.
And that was settled.
The mani-pedi took around an hour and a half. I got a nice shade of hot pink on my nails, a color that really stood out with my tan. Mom and Sydney rushed me out of there as we quickly left and drove to our next appointment.
My hair appointment.
If there was anything I was worried about more than the waxing, it might actually be the hair appointment. Particularlly because Sydney didn’t tell the lady any instructions. She simply said ‘do what looks best with her. But don’t cut too much hair off’
And that’s why I was shitting in my seat out of fear. This lady had a pair of scissors and total control on my outcome. There was no way I was coming out of this happy.
“So where are we going for our honeymoon?” I asked
“Well, we were trying to think about where we could book a nice place in such short time” Sydney started, flipping casually through a magazine. “and a place that wouldn’t cause any problems”
“So pretty much we eliminated the cruise, any parks, and pretty much anywhere not in north America” Mom finished
“That worries me” I said
“What worries you?” Mom asked
“That you said ‘North America’ and not just ‘America’”
Sydney laughed “That’s because your honeymoon isn’t in America. At least not entirely”
I frowned “huh?”
Mom rolled her eyes in exaggeration “Come on, Carter, you know what we’re talking about. Niagara Falls. One of the most beautiful places on Earth!”
I groaned, leaning my head back.
“Don’t move please” The lady doing my hair snapped
“Sorry” I mumbled
“Don’t groan Carter” Mom scolded “You’ll love it. When I went there with your father it was one of the most magical times of my life”
“Mom! I don’t want to spend my honeymoon staring at water falling off a cliff”
“There are other things to do than just stare at water”
“Like what?”
“You can walk beneath it!”
I groaned, careful not to move my head “You’re no help”
“Carter, relax” Sydney said “It’ll be fine. We’ve booked plenty of things for you and a nice suite so that if you want to just lay around in your room you can”
“Thanks” I muttered, not showing my true appreciation.
Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out from under the cloak-thing wrapped around me and read the text message.
Of course, it was from Cody. Because I don’t text anyone else.
‘Don’t worry. I’m in pain 2.’
I smiled slightly, typing back. My new pink fingers ran over the keys as I responded to his message that was hours delayed.
‘I doubt u r in as much as I am.’
If only Sydney could see our conversation. I found a new hatred for her. And my mother. Anyone who could willing let their daughter (or their daughter-in-law) get her vag waxed was clearly psycho. It hurt like hell and it was only for the guy’s benefit.
Cody responded back quickly
‘how bad 4 u?’
I snorted, knowing the hair dresser was reading over my conversation. Mom and Sydney probably would too once my phone was out of my hands.
‘tell u l8r’
I closed the phone sticking it back in my pocket.
I closed my eyes and tried to tune out the rest of the world for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys only a few chapters left(:
I want to thank everyone who has read this.
I honestly wouldn't have kept doing this if it wasn't for you.
Thanks so much.
From the depths of my heartC:
I've got two other stories going if you wanna check 'em out.
And i'm debating on a sequel
I love you guys sooo much(:
<3comment<3subscribe<3love<3