Sequel: A Mistaken Kiss
Status: how do you guys like the new layout??(:

Arranged and pregnant. With two different people.

Wedding

Everyone was there.
All the pews were filled with old family friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.
I pulled away from the window, putting a hand over my chest. My heart was beating a hundred miles an hour. I could hear the music playing from within the building.
I didn’t know if I could do this.
The white dress was neatly fit on me. It managed to reduce the size of my baby bump so it seemed I had a little bit too much to eat. It was strapless, like Cody wanted, flowing out at the bottom.
It was itchy as fuck.
I felt my phone buzz in my hand, the caller ID giving away Trixie’s call.
“Yeah?” I whispered, picking up my dress as I walked
“Where are you! The wedding begins in ten minutes!” Trixie hissed in my ear “You are NOT showing up late to this”
“Trixie I can’t do this” My voice cracked “I can’t throw away my life like this”
She groaned “Carter, I know you don’t want to, but Cody’s not that bad of a guy. Sure, he’s a douche bag a lot, but you know he’s still sweet inside.”
“I know that, but…” I groaned, running a hand through my curls.
“Carter, please tell me where you are” Trixie begged.
“I’m standing on the side of the chapel” I forced out.
Trixie cussed under her breathe “Get your ass back here missy”
I sighed “Alright”
I closed the phone, my fingers tightening around it. I made my way back, careful not to trip over my dress. Trixie found me, storming over to me.
She crossed her arms, giving me the look.
I rolled my eyes, pushing past her. I checked my make-up in the mirror, fixing my hair. I turned back to her, sighing.
She walked up; wrapping her arms around me “It’s going to be ok. You’re going to get married, go on your honey, have your baby, and live happily ever after”
I blinked hard, trying to hold back the tears. Trixie would skin me alive if I ruined my make-up this close to the big show.
She pulled away, smiling at me. “Go out and strut your shit girl. Make me proud”
I laughed, sniffing. “I love you Trixie”
“I love you too, Carter”
My dad knocked against the wall. I looked up, smiling gently. “Ready?”
I nodded, walking over to him. He smiled down at me. My dad hooked his arm around mine, leading me to the entrance to the chapel. If possible, it seemed as though my heart was beating faster. I took a deep breath in, exhaling slowly.
“You’ll be fine” He smiled “I’m proud of you”
“This isn’t even my choice” I said, my voice cracking
“And you tolerated it better than I would’ve expected”
“I threw a huge fit” I laughed, feelings as though I might cry
“Your mother and I thought it would be worse. You did much better than we expected you would do” He laughed, brushing my hair off my shoulder.
The music keyed up, giving us our hint to start walking. I flipped the veil over my face as I surveyed the room. People turned their heads to watch as my father led me down the aisle. I focused on walking, hoping I didn’t trip and look like an idiot.
Left foot.
Right foot.
Left foot.
Right foot.
I repeated that in my head as I walked, lifting my dress up so that it stayed out of the way. I looked up at Cody, who stood at the alter beaming.
I bit my lip as a blush took upon my face, grateful for the veil to hide behind. I walked up next to him, Trixie standing only a few feet away. The bridesmaids wore deep purple dresses that matched the suits of the groomsmen.
Cody grinned at me as I took my place next to him, grabbing my hand as the preacher spoke.
“We are gathered here today, on this happy joyous occasion, to join this man—” he gestured with his hand towards Cody “—and this woman—” he gestured towards me “—in holy matrimony”
I focused on breathing correctly as Cody’s thumb rubbed the back of my hand. I looked over at him, noticing how the smile never left his face. I smiled nervously, extremely nervous about this.
The preacher continued to talk as the audience listened half-heartedly. I was daydreaming about the reception, the honeymoon, the life after.
I should’ve paid attention. After all, this is my big day. And I didn’t want to look stupid when the time came to kiss.
Cody squeezed my hand, getting my attention again.
“Cody, do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”
Cody licked his lips, delivering a proud “I do”
“And Carter, do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?”
I nodded “I do”
“Then by the power invested in my, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride”
Cody turned to me, cupping my face. I closed my eyes, leaning in as his lips pressed gently against mine. Our lips moved slowly together, savoring the moment.
I could hear people clapping in the audience. Cody pulled away, looking in my eyes. I couldn’t move, could barely breathe.
“Cody” I whispered.
“Yeah?” He asked, his breath brushing against my lips
“I love you”
I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. Cody laughed, gripping my waist. I felt as though I couldn’t be any closer, yet I hugged him tighter. He picked me up, sweeping me around.
I laughed as he set me down on my feet, pulling away.
I grinned up at him, a tingly feeling in my belly. I noticed his eyes glistened a little bit too much than usually. My smile disappeared as I reached up, brushing his cheek.
“What’s wrong?” I whispered.
He sniffed, kissing me again. “Nothing, Carter, absolutely nothing”
“Then why are you…” I trailed off as he tucked hair behind my ear.
“You said you love me” He whispered.
I blushed deeply. “Well..i..uh…”
“That made me the happiest man ever”
I smiled, hugging him.
“Let’s go have some fun at the reception”
I giggled, slipping my hand into his as we walked down the aisle. As soon as we were out of the chapel, he pulled me to his side, kissing my cheek.
I laughed, “Cody!”
“Yes my love?” He grinned
“What happened to the reception?”
“Screw it” He whispered, kissing me “I just want you right now”
I giggled, pushing him away “No. I want to go to the reception. This is the only time I’m going to be allowed to drink wine for four more months”
“You sure that’s safe for the baby?”
“One tiny glass doesn’t harm it. Trust me, I researched it”
“Alright then. Let us go!” He pulled me away as people filed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. One more left(:
Sorry about the wait, my memory stick with all the stories on it up and BROKE so i had to go and rewrite this. so its suckish compared to the original. and all of the last week or so, i was away at a camp educating me on my guitar playing thingy whatever. lol it was funC:
Love you so much! Thanks to everyone who's read this.
Comment&subscribe
<3