Sequel: A Mistaken Kiss
Status: how do you guys like the new layout??(:

Arranged and pregnant. With two different people.

The End

Epilogue:
*FOUR YEARS LATER*
I walked into my house, stumbling slightly. I was a little buzzed, I admit, but I could still drive home relativly well. Didn't matter now, since I didn't get caught.

I locked my door behind myself, grabbing my cell phone out of my pocket. I walked into the living room, laying down on the couch. I called Cody.

After three rings, he picked up the phone.

"What Carter?" He asked, clearly annoyed. His voice sounded as if he had just woken-up.

"Hey Cody" I giggled "I'm a little tipsy right now"

"I can tell"

"Could you please keep Joanna until noon tomorrow?" I asked as nicely as I could

He groaned "Its one in the morning and I have work tomorrow. I'll be over at your house around eight o'clock"

"Please?" I begged "Please? Please? Plea--"

He hung up.

I sighed, closing the phone.
It was never meant to be--Cody and I. We were good the first year of our marriage, the baby preventing us from fighting. Honestly, we were too tired to interact at all. Once Cody's mother offered to babysit, the fighting began. Cody and I fought every day.

Constantly.

Though the marriage was meant to be perminant, no matter what, no one wanted our baby, Joanna, to grow up with us fighting all the time. Studies had proven it was bad for the baby if the parents fought in front of it.

It took a while, but finally we got a divorce. It was a lot more complicated than I thought it would be when I realized we could divorce.

For about a year, I've been single. Cody found a girlfriend six months ago and they've been together ever since. She was a total whore.

Joanna loves her.

Every weekend, Joanna would go to Cody's. It was how we both saw her equally. I got her weekdays and holidays. Since my job required me to work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, it worked out.

So on the weekends, I would go out on dates to see if I could find Mr. Right.

Jim and I have gone on a few more dates to see if we could click again. We haven't. I'm not sure we ever will, but I enjoyed those dates alot.

Tonight, I had just come home from one with this faggot named Chad. He was hot, sure, but extremely quiet. And that was a total turn off.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes. I pulled away my fingers, looking at the make-up smeared on them. I rolled my eyes, not caring in the slightest.

I grabbed the blanket that laid on the other end of the couch, wrapping it around me. I kicked my shoes off and closed my eyes, asleep in minutes.
~*~

The doorbell rang.

I groaned, ignoring it.

It rang again. Then again.

With another groan, I forced myself up off the couch, feeling just awful. I trudged over to the door, pulling it open with a "what"

Cody raised an eyebrow at my appearance.

"What" I repeated, thankful his little whore wasn't with him this time. I looked down, noticing my daughter.

I smiled, happiear instantly "Hey Sweetie!"

"MOMMY!" She yelled, hugging me. I laughed, picking her up. I pecked her on the cheek and set her back on the ground.

"Go watch TV and let Mommy and Daddy talk" I instructed. She ran off to the living room immediately.

Such a good child. The exact opposite of me.

"What do you want?" I snapped at Cody who still stood in the doorway. Couldn't he just leave?

"You need to be more resonsible" He sighed, running a hand through his hair "She's your kid"

"Don't give me that!" I hissed "Don't forget that the only reason you see her is so that your mom still thinks she's your kid and doesn't realize I was pregnant the whole time"

Cody snorted, rolling his eyes

"What!"

"The only reason I see her is so that you can get 2 child support checks"

I narrowed my eyes. That was true...

"Could you stop going out Sunday nights?" He asked

"You need to sto going Fridays" I countered.

"I don't go every Friday" He growled

I rolled my eyes "At least I'm living my life"

"You can because you keep dumping your daughter on me!"

"Get out of my face" I snapped, insulted.

"Gladly"

I went to close the door when Cody dug something out of his pocket. He held it out for me. I grabbed it, examining it.

It was a bithday invitation for one of Joanna's friends.

"When did you get this?" I frowned

"She brought it home with her. Its your friday"

I nodded, reaching for the door when I stopped.

"Where's my check?" I asked.

He sighed, cussing under his breath. Guess he thought I'd forget. Pulling out his check book, he quickly wrote it out.

Cody glared at me as he handed it over. I smirked, taking it from him.

"Thank you" I said in a tone that would piss him off.

"Whatever" He rolled his eyes "And just so you know, I already RSVP-ed you to the party"

Damn...now I couldn't get out of this. "Of course you did"

It was his turn to smirk "Just for you"

"Get out of my face"

"Good-bye to you too, Carter" He turned around as I closed the door. I set the check on the table, walking over to the living room where Joanna was.

I sat down on the couch next to her. She scrambled off, grabbing the picture frame on the entertainment center. She ran back over to me, sitting next to me.

I smiled, looking at the picture.

It was taken a few days after she was released from the hospital.

Cody, Joanna and I were in the middle. I held my daughter while Cody had his arm around my shoulders. Next to us, Chase, Elm, Trixie, and Micki stood. Everyone was grinning at the camera. Everyone, except Joanna who was crying at the time.

Joanna pressed a finger against the frame, naming each person.

"That's you, and that's Daddy, and that's Uncle Chase, and that's Elm, and that's Aunt Trixie and that's Aunt Micki and that's me!"

"Right in the middle, center of attention" I smiled, giving her a small squeeze. "Good job sweetheart"

"Did I get them right?" She asked

I nodded "Perfect"

She grinned, returning the frame back to its original place. That was the only picture of Cody in the entire house

And of her real father.

Joanna turned the television on, putting on Disney Channel. I stood up, heading to the kitchen for coffee.

"You have any breakfast yet?" I called out

"No" She called back

"Want eggs and bacon?"

"Yes!" She sequealed. She loved bacon to an unnaturally healthy level for a four year old.

I started to make breakfast, grabbing a phone to call in sick at work.

I didn't do it too often, if that's what you're wondering. Just if I actually did feel like crap and didn't have enough time to make it on time and get Joanna to daycare. Joanna knew that if I made breakfast, she wasn't going to daycare.

I finished cooking, setting it out on the table. She practically inhaled her food, eating most of the bacon I cooked.As she ate, i studied her.

I studied the girl who looked more like her father than I.

The girl who looked more like Chase.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for reading this. Thank you to those who have commented, and those who haven't. Thank you to those who have been with me from the beginning and to those who joined in the middle and even those who just recently started reading. It means that world that I have over two hundred subscribers and I couldn't have asked for a better audience.
I apologize about the spelling and the grammar and thank you so much for tolerating it. I did get quite a lot of hate mail from it!
The sequel actually has been up as some of you have noticed. Its called "A Mistaken Kiss" and its not about Cody and Carter seeing as they're through. Its Joanna's love life now. Check it out if you want to keep reading about it, but honestly Cody& Carter are done. They'll appear in the story but nothing major.
Thank you. I love you all. Forever and always<3
P.S. My plan was to have Jim object to the marriage. Obviously, that didn't happen.