Silently Serene

Wanna Dance?

Mikey's P.O.V

After the church ceremony, we went back to somebody's house, not really sure whose. I didn't care. She wasn't there, though. I just wanted to know her name. What was she like?
At the reception, I took off my suit jacket to expose the tuxedo t-shirt and black jeans that I was wearing. I'm not the type to get dressed up, as you can possibly tell.

Ah! There she is. I scrunched up my face in confusion. Why was she sitting all alone? I have to know her name. I know, I'll just ask dad, he's bound to know.
"Hey dad?"
"Yes, Michael?"
"Who is that girl? That one right over there. She was one of the bride's maids."
"She's Kay's sister. Jade? I think her name is?"

Jade. So simple yet beautiful. I didn't even bother thanking him as I started walking over towards the table at where she sat. Just as I reached her, a slow song came on. What do I say?...Should I ask her to dance? What if she has boyfriend? She probably has a boyfriend. How could she not? I mean, look at her.
Wait...am I thinking this outloud? God, I hope not. Ok...ok...just breath. Just kindly ask her to dance. Yeah, that's all. Just say excuse me, Jade, may I have this dance? Yeah, that's what I'll say. It'll be perfect if I don't screw it up. Here it goes...

Jade's P.O.V.
"Excuse me, Jade, may I have...um...have this dance?"
I turned around to find a rather cute guy that I haven't seen before, standing there, holding out his hand.
"Do I know you?" I asked, confused.
"No. My name's Mike Way." He stuttered retreating his hand.
Hmm, Mike, that's a little bit too harsh a name for such a cute guy. He was about my age, brown, long, straight hair that gently swooshed across his face. He wore black thick-framed glasses and a tuxedo and tight black jeans.
"Well, Mikey, I'm not much of a dancer but you can sit with my if you want."
Mikey, that's better, suits him well. He smiled oh so cutely at the nickname and took a seat in the chair placed next to mine.

He was a senior, turning eighteen next September. We went to the same high school, as well. How have a managed not to see him before? He had an older brother named Gerard and was friends with Frankie. How come I've never met this kid before?

Mikey's P.O.V

She went to my school! How come I've never looked at her all these years? Shes a junior, seventeen, the youngest of three, and a writer. She seemed so prefect yet slightly guarded.
Maybe I should ask her to take a walk outside. Would that seem too foward?
Damn, never asked about the boyfriend, which she probably has....
Ah, what the hell, I'll just go for it, anyway...
"Wanna get out of here and take a walk?"

She looked into my eyes, it almost looked as though she was scanning me for some sign of deception. When she didn't find one, she nodded and answered sweetly,
"Sure, give me a minute. I have to go say bye to Kay and grab my change of clothes."
Did she think we were going to walk somewhere far? I just meant around the outside of the building, back in the gardens and stuff. I guess she could tell exactly what I was thinking by the confused look on my face.
"Frankie is picking me up in about an hour and we're going to hang out. You can come, I'm sure he won't mine."