Forever or Never

We Used Up All The Sunscreen

"So..." Shin mumbled against my hair.
I was sitting on his lap, staring blankly at the boring, fuzzy, TV screen.
"So..." I quoted then turned and smiled at him.
He chuckled and kissed the tip of my nose.
"What do you want to do?" He asked.
Everything, I thought then mentally slapped myself for having those thoughts.
"I don't know," I shrugged.
"We could... Go to Wal*Mart and buy fake spiders then put them in Kiro's bed," Shin suggested.
"Meh. He wouldn't fall for it." I mumbled then turned around in his lap and pressed my lips to his.
He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist as I pushed him back against the bed that we were sitting on.
I straddled his stomach and weaved my fingers into his oh-so-soft blonde hair. Shin bit my bottom lip lightly and I smiled then parted my lips.
Shin rolled us over so that he was on top of me, our lips never pulled apart. Shin's hands wandered to my sides and I shivered slightly then grabbed at the collar of his white, faux-leather jacket. I quickly slipped it off of him and threw it on the ground then traced my fingers along his now bare arms.
I twisted slightly, causing my shirt to move up and reveal my pale abs. I shivered as Shin traced his cold fingers along my stomach.
I took a deep breath and slowly slid my hands down his chest and stomach to his belt. I pulled on it lightly, trying to get him to realize what I was implying.
There was a bright flash, but I brushed it off as my imagination.
"Cherri," Shin sighed and pulled back slightly.
I bit my lip and let my hands drop to my side.
"I know," I groaned and sat up to lean against the headboard.
"We can't. That's just taking it too far," Shin said, "I would never do that."
"I know, I was just..." I bit my lip and tried to think of what I was trying to do, "I was just listening to Cherri Number 2."
"Cherri Number 2?" Shin gave me a weird look.
"Kiro and I named the part of my mind that I argue with," I shrugged.
"That's totally normal," Shin said sarcastically then smiled at me.
"Of course," I giggled then sighed, "I hate that you're almost five years older than me."
"As I hate that you are almost five years younger than me, but even if it were legal, I still wouldn't go that far with you just yet," Shin said.
I bit my lip.
"I understand," I mumbled.
"I want to, don't get me wrong," Shin mumbled and looked down, "I just don't want to be a first."
I blushed and bit my lip.
"You wouldn't." I said quietly.
Shin looked at me wide eyed. "W-wouldn't?"
"Uh... Long story." I said then massaged the sides of my now aching head.
"You're not... I mean, you've..." Shin shook his head, "Does Kiro know?"
"Kiro?!" my eyes almost bugged out of my head, "Hell no! You honestly think I'd even be here if Kiro knew about it?"
"Well... I guess not." Shin shrugged.
"Look, it's a long story involving a party, someone accidently pouring a whole bottle of beer into a punch bowl, and me and my former boyfriend," I said.
"So... You were both drunk?" Shin asked.
"I was, but you could hardly tell. Bret, my ex, was completely wasted though," I said.
Shin nodded as he took all this in, then he frowned.
"What?" I asked and rubbed my thumb across his cheek.
"So... You were willing to do that?" Shin asked.
I groaned and dropped my hand. "Shin, I was still a little tipsy."
'Oh' Shin mouthed and nodded.
I giggled, earning a strange look from Shin.
"Don't obsess over this," I said, "It was last year. I buried that part of the past a long time ago and I plan on burying it again... with you."
Shin smiled at me and placed a soft peck on my lips.
"Not just yet though," Shin gave me a serious look and I nodded to show that I understood.
"I'd gladly wait forever," I mumbled against his cheek then gave him a light kiss.
There was another flash and, again, I brushed it off as my imagination.
"Do you wanna' go do some more exploring of the city?" Shin asked after a moment.
"I don't know. I'm still scared from the other day, " I said and motioned towards my peeling shoulders, "But, I guess I'll be fine if I get some sun screen."
Shin chuckled and got up to get the sunscreen from the bathroom.
When he returned and plopped down behind me and started rubbing the cream onto my back and shoulders.
I giggled and looked down, just before there was another flash.
"Shin?" I asked.
"Hmm?" He leaned over and kiss my cheek.
"Did you just see a flash?" I asked.
"No..." He gave me this look like I was crazy then continued to put the sunscreen on me.
After a few minutes I snatched the bottle away from Shin and squirted some into my hand then put a little dot on his nose.
He chuckled then took the bottle and squirted it on me.
"Did you seriously just do that?" I faked being shocked then grabbed the bottle and squirted the white stuff all over Shin's face.
He chuckled and snatched it back then squirted it all down my arm.
This went on for about half an hour until the bottle ran out and we were both covered in sunscreen.
"You smell good," I pointed out to Shin.
He gave me a weird look, "You're weird."
"So, I like the smell of sun screen. Kill me." I giggled and sniffed my arm for emphasis.
Shin chuckled at me.
"I'ma go take a shower now," I said and got up.
"Good idea," Shin nodded.
I got up and walked into my room then into the bathroom. I stripped from my clothes and turned on the hot water then jumped into the shower.
After a few minutes of washing the sunscreen out of my hair and off my skin I turned the water off and grabbed the fluffy white towel that was hung on the wall.
I wrapped the towel around me and walked back into my room to get some clothes.
I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans with slits going horizontally from the middle of my thigh all the way to just below my knee, a grey shirt with the picture of a lemur head with big eyes on the chest, black and white stripped arm warmers, one black fingerless glove on my left hand, and orange high tops.
I combed my hair out and put it in two little braids then returned to Shin's room.
It appeared that he had taken a shower, too, because his hair was damp.
"Finally!" Shin chuckled and pulled me by my waist down onto the couch with him.
"I wasn't gone that long," I insisted.
"You got in the shower at ten o'clock and it is now twelve o'clock," Shin stated.
"You can tell time! Good for you!" I clapped.
Shin laughed and grabbed my wrists then leaned forward and placed a kiss on my lips.
"So..." I giggled, "What are we going to do today?"
Shin shrugged, "We could... go out site seeing now."
"No can do," I shook my head, "We used up all the sun screen."
"Fine! Then... Movie marathon?" Shin suggested.
"Yes!" I smiled and jumped up.
Shin laughed at me and turned the TV on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long shower, huh? LoL!
-Cherri