Life Of The Unwanted

Prelude

The little boy looked out the window watching the cars drive past one by one, he didn’t know what was going on, where he was going. All he knew was that his dad was dropping him off with a lot of other kids. His dad turned down the music and looked at his nine year old son. His first child. Jonathan smiled up at his dad. But his dad looked away and couldn’t tell him that everything was going to be okay. The truth was it wasn’t going to be okay. This was the last day he’d see his son. The last day Jon got to see his dad, and all because of his wife. The love of his life didn’t want their only child. All she wanted was her drugs and alcohol.

Pulling up at the orphanage was a hard thing for Jonathan’s dad to do. To leave his only son alone with these people. “Daddy, will you come pick me up soon?” Jonathan asked his dad with a smile on his face, thinking it’s only a playground. “Sure, I’ll come and pick you up as soon as I can. I promise.” His father assured him, but that was a lie to. In reality Jonathan’s dad wasn’t going to pick him up. Jon skipped off into the building while his father spoke to a lady in a small office. He watched through the glass of the office as his son walked to meet other kids. He walked up to his son to say his last goodbyes. Kissed his cheek and left, with light tears running down his face but he wouldn’t let his son see. For all Jon knew, his father was coming back for him.

Day’s went by and Jon still hadn’t seen his father. The lady who was talking to his dad let him make one phone call. He called his dad, he was crying. He wanted to know why his dad never came. He wanted to go home. All the kids were mean to him, nobody liked him. All he wanted was to be in the arms of his dad once again. “Daddy come pick me up, I’m bored and no body likes me here.” He sobbed to his father. “I’m sorry son, I can’t I’m too busy.” His father told him, the disconnecting tone filled his ears, this is what haunted him for years. “Nooo daddy please don’t leave me.” He cried harder. The kind lady hugged Jon until he calmed down. This place was to be his home until someone adopted him.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. this is a real story. it happened to a family member of mine. I hope this didn't make to many people cry like it made me and the co-writer almost cry.

Cass & Crystal