Sequel: Do I Dream Again

Disregard the Lies

Idiot

Sadie slowly opened her right eyelid, just far enough to have some light shine through, before she quickly shut it. She could feel her head pounding, and she couldn’t figure out why she had such a terrible headache. She finally forced herself to open both eyes, and when she did, she couldn’t figure out where she was.

She looked down and saw a faintly familiar set of dark blue sheets around her, and she looked down at her body, seeing that she was still fully clothed, and she let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t know what had happened the night before, and she had no idea where she was at the moment.

She climbed out of the bed, holding the right side of her head, wishing the pain to go away. She turned around and saw a picture frame on the dresser, and she walked closer, examining it. As soon as she saw the picture of Jonathan and herself, all the memories of last night rushed back to her.

Just wanting to get away from Jonathan, she quickly opened the door to the bedroom, running right into his chest, which happened to have no shirt. “Sadie,” Jonathan smiled at her, and she avoided his glance, trying to go around him.

“Sadie,” he repeated, grabbing her arm, preventing her from going any further.

“What?” she snapped, spinning around towards him. He held out a bottle of water and two aspirin, and she immediately took them.

“We need to talk,” he told her.

“Listen, I don’t need to hear all the details of you and Amber. I just want to go home and try to forget…” she began, putting the two pills into her mouth along with a sip of water.

“I didn’t sleep with Amber,” Jonathan interrupted her. “And, if you’d just sit down and let me explain, then you’d know that,” he told her.

“I don’t want to hear it,” Sadie said, making her way to his front door.

Just as she reached her hand out to the door handle, Jonathan jumped in front of her, blocking her way. “You’re not leaving until you hear everything. As soon as you hear my side of things, then you can leave. But, until then, you might as well make yourself comfortable on the couch,” he told her.

Sadie rolled her eyes at him, but when he refused to budge, she reluctantly made her way to his couch, sitting down and crossing her arms across her chest, staring up at him expectantly, waiting on his explanation.

“Okay, you asked me why my phone number was in Amber’s phone, right?” Jonathan began.

“Yes,” Sadie said shortly.

“She called me first,” Jonathan said, and Sadie scoffed, not able to believe that this was going to be his excuse. “She called me and left me a message saying that she needed to talk to me and that it was urgent,” he continued. “So, I called her back. I had like a thirty second conversation with her before I realized she was just trying to get me to come over, and then I hung up. Sadie, I never went over to her place,” he told her.

“Okay, so she came over here. Please, tell me you changed the sheets afterwards because I really don’t want to think that I just slept in the same bed that you two had sex in, and you didn’t change the sheets,” Sadie told him.

“I didn’t sleep with her!” Jonathan yelled. Sadie looked up at him, trying to figure out whether she should believe him or not. “Listen to me, Sadie. I didn’t sleep with Amber,” he repeated slowly, hoping it would sink in with her. “Why would I do that? Sadie, I would never do that to you. Think about this whole situation. You were the one that told me that Amber was trying to get into my bed. You really don’t think it’s below her to lie to you?”

“I don’t know,” Sadie admitted quietly.

“Sadie, look at me,” he said, lifting her chin up so she was looking into his eyes. “I would never do that to you. I care about you too much to go and sleep with Amber.”

“I don’t know,” Sadie repeated.

Jonathan glanced at the clock and groaned. “I’ve got to go. I’ve got practice in twenty-five minutes. But, you need to know that I didn’t sleep with Amber, that I wouldn’t do that to you.” Sadie didn’t reply, and Jonathan dejectedly picked up his bag before walking towards the door. “Stay here as long as you like,” he told her before he walked out the door.

Sadie collapsed back on the couch, trying to figure out what had just happened. She knew she needed to talk to someone who would tell her straightforward whether she was right in not believing Jonathan or if she was just being a complete idiot.

She picked up her phone, dialing Kyra’s number. On the third ring, Kyra picked up, and Sadie said, “Hey, Kyra, it’s Sadie. I really need to talk to you. Are you busy right now?”

“No,” Sadie replied. “I just got back home from taking Sophia to a play date. Why don’t you come over,” she suggested, and Sadie told her she’d be there as soon as she could.

Sadie rang the doorbell to Kyra’s apartment, grateful that the aspirin was finally kicking in and her headache was slowly fading away. Kyra opened the door, and her mouth fell open as she took in Sadie’s disheveled appearance. “Sadie, what happened to you?” she asked, her eyes roaming from Sadie’s messed up hair to her sloppy clothes.

“I think I just fucked everything up with Jonathan,” Sadie told her, walking over to Kyra’s couch and plopping down on it. Kyra shut the door before walking over to the chair opposite Sadie.

“What happened?” Kyra asked, concerned for her friend. Sadie went on to explain everything that had happened in the last twenty-four hours, from confronting Jonathan at the bar to flirting with Henrik to their argument this morning. When she had finished, she looked up at Kyra, waiting on her response.

“Kyra?” Sadie asked when Kyra had remained quiet. “Can you say something? Anything? Tell me I’m an idiot, a whore, something!” Sadie cried, as Kyra just sat there, her mouth slightly ajar.

“I’m still just trying to wrap my mind around everything,” Kyra said slowly. “And, I don’t think you’re a whore. It sounds like you were completely wasted when you were flirting with Hank, and nothing happened between the two of you, anyways. As for the idiot part…” she trailed off.

“I know I was an idiot,” Sadie whined, putting her head in her hands. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. It’s just, when Amber showed me that Jonathan’s number was in her phone, something went off inside of me, and I believed her.”

“Sadie, I told you that I didn’t think that he slept with her. He cares about you far too much to do that,” Kyra told her, trying not to anger Sadie. “And, Amber’s been telling everyone since the beginning of the season that she was going to sleep with Jonathan. I’m not surprised that she lied to everyone to make herself look better. I just don’t get why you’d believe her.”

“I don’t know,” Sadie cried. “And, I’m sure that if I hadn’t gotten drunk, I would have thought about it before I just started screaming at him. And, now I’m pretty sure I ruined the one good relationship I had.”

“Okay, Sadie, you shouldn’t be sitting here talking to me,” Kyra told her. “You need to go and tell him how you feel.”

“Kyra, I’m pretty sure he won’t even listen to me.”

“You’ve got to try,” Kyra told her. “Call him.”

“I will,” Sadie promised. “He’s at practice right now, but I’ll call him later tonight.”

“You better.”

***

Sadie sat in her living room, her laptop in front of her, trying to figure out what to update Lydia on. She hadn’t given her any updates in a while, and she couldn’t think of what to tell her right now. Her fingers hovered above the keyboard, as she tried to think of something, anything, to write.

She eventually just gave up, looking over at her phone that rested on the couch next to her. She still hadn’t worked up the courage to call Jonathan. She groaned, thinking back to everything she had said to him. She now realized how stupid she had been by believing Amber over him, and she wished she could go back in time and change it all.

She jumped as her cell phone rang, and she immediately looked down to see if it was Jonathan or not. She relaxed a bit as Kyra’s name flashed across the screen, and she quickly picked it up. “Hey, Kyra, what’s up?” she asked her, setting her laptop next to her and standing up to look out the window.

“Have you called him?” Kyra questioned.

Sadie rolled her eyes as she realized that that was the only reason Kyra had called. “Not yet,” Sadie admitted. “I’m working on that right now.”

“What?” Kyra yelled, and Sadie moved the phone away from her ear. “You need to call that boy right now and fix everything. Because you know you’re going to regret it if you don’t.”

“Yeah, I know,” Sadie sighed.

“Call him,” Kyra yelled, hanging up the phone. Sadie could just picture Kyra sitting in on her couch, smirking.

Sadie finally scrolled down to Jonathan’s name in her address book in her phone, and her finger hovered over the green dial button. She finally gained the courage she needed and quickly hit the button, putting the phone up to her ear, listening to the ringing.

“Sadie?” she heard Jonathan answer, his voice sounding surprised.

“Hey, Jonathan,” Sadie said quietly.

“I’m glad you called,” Jonathan told her, and Sadie smiled to herself.

“Umm…” she hummed. “Do you think we could talk?” she finally blurted out.

“Yeah, of course,” Jonathan told her. “Do you want to come over or me to come over there?”

“I’ll come over,” she replied. “I’ll see you in twenty minutes?”

“I’ll see you then,” he told her. Sadie hung up the phone, nervously standing up and walking to her table where her purse laid. She just hoped they could work everything out when she went over.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm sure some of your aren't going to like Jonathan's excuse, but that's the way it is.

Let me know what you think!