Now Or Never

Now or never

I was so excited at the moment. Nothing could possibly make this day any better than it was right now. I was nearly shaking with excitement at the moment.

I couldn’t have believed my luck. I wasn’t usually such a lucky person.

"You lucky bitch," I heard my friend yell. I looked over my shoulder to smile at her. She was insanely jealous of me right now. I could understand why.

Not everyone gets to go meet their favorite band. Not everyone wins a free VIP backstage pass, but I guess I’m not like everyone else.

"I am so fucking jealous of you. You get to meet fucking Three Days Grace! Oh, what I’d do to get close to freaking Brad Walst!" She yelled.

I could feel other girls’ eyes on us, and I felt scared. It was like they all suddenly knew what I had, and they all wanted it now. It wasn’t my fault that I won something off a contest made by the band themselves.

The concert was long and over, but I was just waiting in the place the message told me to. Of course, my friend was with me. She was my ride home!

But then, there were other girls out here. But I was sure that they were here for a different reason entirely. I mean, they couldn’t give out this many free passes, right?

I fiddled with my fingers, as I counted the seconds.

All of a sudden, a huge man popped out of a door. He looked at all of us for a moment, before he grunted.

"Dominique G," he asked. That’s when everyone begun shouting.

"’That’s me, that’s me," the girls practically screamed.

They were all crowding the man now. I knew I’d never be able to reach him and be able to tell him that was me. I was Dominique. I was the one who was suppose to be meeting the band.

All of a sudden, I felt an big hand wrap around my forearm.

I looked up. I was hoping that they had found me without me saying a word to them. But that wasn’t the case.

They were just randomly grabbing girls. You could hear the girls saying how much fun this was going to be. You could hear them saying how they were just going to completely seduce the guys.

Now I knew for a fact that I wouldn’t be able to talk to any of my idols. They were going to be very busy with these luscious girls. They all looked so beautiful, and they out shone me.

I gritted my teeth together.

No, that wasn’t going to happen! I clearly won the free pass, and I was going to see them. Whether I was going to see them for a split second or end up drinking with them all night, it didn’t matter.

I let the bodyguard drag me into different hallways. The other girls were still yelling about how happy they were. I swore I heard Megan’s voice. Did she get inside as well?

I could hear loud music being played, and I recognized it as The Beatles. The next thing I heard was girls groaning loudly.

"Why is this song being played?" a girl asked. "I know, it’s so old and yucky." Another girl quickly said.

Fuck, I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I quickly jerked my arm for the man.

"It’s being played because it’s fucking awesome," I said angrily. I knew it was the song "Hold Me Tight", and I wasn’t going to let anyone diss it. I fucking loved the song.

"Calm down," I heard someone say.

I felt nervous. Why? Because every single girl’s facial expression changed. They went from glaring at me to perhaps trying to be angels.

To me, that meant only one thing: someone from the band was behind me right now.

I turned around slowly. I was right. The bassist of Three Days Grace was right in back of me. He had a smile plastered on his face.

He winked at me, and he place his finger on my lips.

"Don’t worry about it, hun. Some people are just very musically challenged," he said. I sighed. So he was on my side? Or was there even sides?

I could practically feel the other girls glaring at me.

"What’s you name, hun?" he asked taking his finger from my lips.

"Dominique," I said softly. He nodded. "I thought so. I remembered that The Beatles was on your music preference list," he said.

I couldn’t breathe. The bassist of Three Days Grace knew my music preference! I was going to die happy now.

I knew I completely sounded like a fan girl too. But hell, what girl wouldn’t right now! I just met, talked, and got touched by Brad Walst!

Megan would be so jealous right now.

"Okay, everyone drinks are around pretty much everywhere. Music will be playing very loudly, and the rest of the band is waiting," Brad said smiling.

I slowly watched as the girls are walked inside. Some went directly to the bar, quickly ordering drinks. Some went to the dance floor, where they tired their best trying to show off their moves.

But I stood there, wondering what I was going to do.

I didn’t drink. I couldn’t dance. So I had nothing to do.

I sighed, and I walked over to the bar. I sat down at one of the stools. I stared at the many alcohol bottles. I wanted one so badly too.

"Feel tempted," someone asked. I looked up.

You’ve gotta be shitting me. I got to speak to Brad Walst and now Neil Sanderson. I could most definitely die happy now.

"Yes, very tempted," I said. "Well, then I’ll make sure you don’t drink. I usually do this with Adam all the time." He said. I smiled.

He was nice for a big huge rock star.

"Hello, sexy," a girl’s voice purred. I rolled my eyes. God, they really were serious about getting these guys to notice them, weren’t they?

"Do you mind if I leave you now?" Neil asked. I shrugged. "Go have some fun," I said smiling.

He smiled happily at me.

"Adam does that same thing," he said. And with that, he left to the dance floor with the red head.

"What, you don’t dance?" Someone asked.

I turned my head.

Okay, today was just my lucky day!

"I guess not, Mr. Stock." I said. He grinned. "Every girl can dance, it depends on who they’re dancing with," he said. I shook my head.

"Nope, I can’t dance at all," I mumbled. "And you didn’t even flirt with Neil," he mumbled. I glanced over at him.

"Not every girl wants to fuck you guys," I said. He smiled at me. "I guess not," he muttered.

I shrugged a little. The song changed, and I knew it to be Pearl Jam’s "Dirty Frank". I smiled. They were playing some good songs here.

"I’m gonna go now. I’ll see you around…?" "It’s Dominique," I said. He nodded. "Of course it is," he said.

I stared down at my feet. Everyone else here was having such a great time, and I was here doing nothing. I was sitting at the bar, ordering nothing.

I looked up. I saw that the band was in their own little corner. They seemed to be engrossed in their own conversation. It was the first time I saw Adam Gontier out tonight. Well, besides at the concert.

I saw that Brad was talking now. Everyone in the band was watching him talk. All of a sudden, Brad pointed at me.

I felt scared. Were they angry that I was watching them, while they were talking?

I guess that was a tad bit rude on my part.

Adam was staring at me. He even flashed me a smile. I felt my cheeks redden, but I tried my best to hide it. No need to start acting like a fan girl, right?

I quickly looked down at the ground.

Dominique, get a grip! They’re just normal people. Just normal people whose music has changed the way I think!

"Hello," a voice said. I was afraid to look up, but I did.

I nearly died right then and there. I had officially been spoken to by every band member of Three Days Grace.

Adam flashed me a smile, and I almost died.

"Hi," I said softly. "My band mates have been telling me quite a bit about yourself," he said. I shrugged.

They all told him about me? Why? Well, not like it was a bad thing. It was nice to be noticed by someone as big as him or even the other guys!

"So you apparently love The Beatles to the extent that you won’t let other girls talk bad about them. You don’t drink, but you are tempted by a bottle of JD. You can’t dance, but you love to nod your head to the beat of the music," he said.

The way he said it… it made it sound so bad.

"You’re my type of gal," he said. I stared at him oddly. I was?

Adam leaned in, and he gave me a small peck on the cheek.

This was the best day ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know nothing too big happened, but I liked it. Comment?