Status: Active

Pick The Poison And Pour Yourself A Glass

A Daydream Away

"Get up, lazy bones." I said as I threw the hoodie I borrowed from Spencer at her.

"What?" she groaned.

With the looks of it, I think she fell asleep.

"It's party time! Get dressed," I grinned and kissed her cheek.

"For the record, gross."

It wasn't a normal thing to do between me and Spencer. So she figured that I really meant the "It's party time" thing.

"Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not coming." she said as she headed to her bunk. "I'm off to bed. You animals have a fun time."

"No," I said with a tone. "You're coming and that's final,"

"Please," she said as she rolled into bed.

"Gabe wants you to come," I said, putting on my puppy dog eyes in hopes to lure her to come with me.

"Really," she said raising an eyebrow. "He said that? No sarcasm involved?"

"Yup! He said he's gonna beat you in another beer-off,"

"Why that little," she said, trying to sound pissed. But she ended up laughing.

"So, are you coming?" I asked, hoping.

"You bet," she said as she grabbed some clothing. "I'm gonna beat his ass fair and square."

Spencer decided to wear a Ramones vintage shirt together with a pair of black shorts. She even wore the checkered Vans I got for her last Christmas.

Me, on the other hand, wore a Ghostbusters inspired tank top and a pair of washed out jeans. I also put on Steve Madden heels to finish off my outfit.

The first thing we saw when we got to the venue were a drunk couple making out by the entrance.

"I think the party already started," I whispered to Spencer.

"Uh huh," she said in agreement.

We then ignored the wasted-looking couple and proceeded to where the boys were.

"Trista! Spence!" Bill called.

"There they are,"

"So, where's Saporta?" Spencer asked, out-of-the-blue.

"He's by the DJ," Bill kind of yelled since it was getting noisier by the second.

"What's he doing there?

"No idea," Bill said as he took a swig of Cuervo.

"Yo," Gabe said into the mic.

What the fuck? Is he hosting?

"Is he hosting? I thought we were going to have a beer-off?" Spee asked, sort of pissed.

I wasn't able to answer her question because in all honesty, I didn't know what the hell was going on.

"Since the night's still young, how about I serenade you guys for a bit?"

The people then cheered on.

"I think I know where this is going," Suarez said as he joined in our table.

I just looked at Bill and then at Suarez and then at Spencer.

I was completely clueless.

"I'm pretty sure you've guys have heard of All Time Low," Gabe said as he adjusted the mic stand. "My friend's the vocalist and lead guitarist of the group and I'm gonna sing a track from their latest album, Dirty Work. Here's A Daydream Away."

I wish you could see your face right now, 'cause you're grinning like a fool. And we're sitting on your kitchen floor, on a Tuesday afternoon. Doesn't matter when we get back to doing what we do. 'Cause right now could last forever, just as long as I'm with you.

He then looked at our table with the most loving eyes.

He was looking at Spencer.

Oh.

You're just a daydream away, I wouldn't know what to say if I had you. And I'll keep you a daydream away. Just watch from a safe place so I never have to lose.

The song lasted for another 2 minutes and there was dead silence after.

The crowd then went wild chanting, "More! More!"

"That's all for tonight, folks." Gabe said as he went down the mini-stage.

I then looked at Spencer and tried to read her thoughts.

"I'm gonna go out for a sec," she said as she blankly headed to the exit door.

I didn't run after her considering she wouldn't want my company anyway. At time like these, Spencer was better off alone so that she could think clearly.

"Where's Spencer?" Gabe asked.

"She uhm," I trailed off. "Went that a'way."

He just nodded and followed her.

Spencer's POV

"Where the fuck's my cigarette," I said to myself as I rummaged through my pocket to get my cigarette and lighter.

I then lit up my cigarette and sat down on the moist staircase.

"God," I said as I watched the smoke that I just developed.

What the hell happened back there. It was like he was staring into my soul.

"Sup?" someone asked me.

I know that voice anywhere.

"Smoking," I casually said as Gabe sat beside me.

"Can I have a cig?"

"Sure,"

I handed him a stick of my Marlboro Lights and we ended up chain smoking.

"Trista's gonna kill me if she catches us smoking," I giggled as I stared at the starless black sky.

"You bet," he laughed along. "I thought you quit for good,"

"I thought I did too," I replied.

It was my first time again since that "incident" from God know's when.

"A penny for your thoughts?" he asked.

"Just one thing," I said as I was about to crush my almost used cigarette. "You really got me intrigued back there."

"Oh did I,"

"Yep,"

"Well, sorry for quoting my best friend but every word I sang back there. It meant shit." Gabe said as he stared at the starless black sky too.

"Really now," I said as I kept my cool.

"Uh huh,"

I just smiled at him.

"You want another cig?" I asked.

"Are you insane," he laughed. "I don't even smoke these motherfuckers."

"Then why did you smoke just a while back?"

"Because," he grinned. "If ever Trista catches us, the blame's not all on you."

"So it's like, I jump, you jump?"

"Yep."

"Wow," I smiled. "Partner in crime."

With that, we didn't go back to the club and just sat their for the rest of the evening.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I have the wrong information about Gabe and Alex being best friends, do correct me. I've heard somewhere that they are. :)
Leave me a comment/subscribe.