Fall Away

Prologue

There are two kinds of people in this world.

There’s the people like me. The ones who live in shadows and linger in darkness. The ones who know the death and destruction of the world. We’re the ones who live through it, day after day.

Some can’t handle it. They try to talk about what they know, what they've seen, what they think, and are considered insane.

Some convince themselves it’s just a dream, a twisted, shattered reality that doesn’t exist.

The rest? They accept it. Learn from it. And in a way, grow stronger.

Then, there is the other group – the people like you. The ones that don’t know the darkness exists until it appears, just in time to turn their whole world upside down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Notes:
1) This is just a teaser chapter.... hence the title 'Prologue.'
2) The whole story will not be from this point of view, just occasional chapters. Those chapters will be in bold. If it's at all confusing for you, let me know and I will figure out a different way to do it.
3) You'll meet some characters in the next chapter, which will (hopefully) be out tomorrow.
4) I made the layout myself. It's the first one I've made, so let me know if I missed something important.

I think that's it.... hope you like it!