Fall Away

Stop Caring

It seemed like there was nothing left to say. Soren and I stood in silence, neither of us knowing how to break it. You couldn’t really make small talk after you had just determined the fate of two people.

Before either of us could say anything, a noise came from Kirian’s room. A dry, hacking cough, followed by a name.

My name.

I froze, staring at the door. I wanted to go in and comfort him, but Soren was watching me carefully. “If you’re going to stop caring, you might as well start now.”

I bit my lip, then nodded quickly as I stood up. “I’ll just… go.”

“If you want to wait, I’ll give you a ride,” he offered.

I shook my head. “I can walk.”

“Are you sure? It’s kind of far…”

I nodded again. “Yeah. I’ll see you around.”

I ran down the stairs before I could stop myself. Before I heard Kirian cough, or cry out in pain. I left because I knew that if he said my name again, I wouldn’t be able to leave.

The walk was long, but it helped me clear my head. I was getting in too deep, caring too much about these boys. I had to remove myself from the situation and stop trying to control everything.

I should go back to how it was before I met the twins. Before I knew anything about death and predicting the future. Before I had jealous enemies… or friends.

The thought was somewhat depressing, but I had to keep telling myself it was for the best. I couldn’t jump between the two worlds. This was something I had to do.

I nodded to myself, cementing the thought in my head. I would leave Kirian and Soren alone and see what happened. All I had to do was ignore the pain shooting through my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's finally up!
No thanks to everything else that's been going on in my life.
School really sucks. Not that that's a newsflash to anyone, but...
Well, hopefully that explains why it's nice and short.

I have part of the next chapter written, but I'm currently way behind on my new story. It's tentatively called Scent of Summer and the first chapter will be posted very soon.