Fall Away

The Airport

I paced the room nervously, glancing at the clock for the forth time in the past three minutes. It seemed to be moving even slower than normal, and all I could do was wait.

I didn’t think Kirian would be able to wreck a whole plane, to kill that many people. But really, what did I know about his power?

I was cursing the day I ever met him, regretting ever talking to Soren at the bar, agreeing to go over to their house, snooping at the list.

But there was nothing I could do to change the past.

Finally, finally, it was two-thirty and I could justify heading to the airport. The drive took all of fifteen minutes, so I sat in the car for another ten, tapping my fingers anxiously on the steering wheel, unable to hold still. There was an uncomfortable pit in my stomach and I felt like I was going to throw up.

I was sick of waiting. I parked the car in one of the too-expensive lots and jumped out, heading into the bustling airport.

Baggage claim was crowded, full of families leaving for long weekends and business men flying home. I scanned the area, standing on my tip-toes to try to see over the heads of the crowd. I had to believe that I would have heard if a plane had crashed. That would be big news, right? But there was still no sign of Danny.

I paced for a moment before forcing myself to sit on a bench near the door. I tried to stop my foot from tapping, my hand from fidgeting, but it was useless. I flinched when my phone ring and pulled it out of my pocket.

I could feel my body relax when I saw the word Daniel on the screen. “Hello?” I answered.

“Hey sis,” he replied. ‘Where are you?”

“By door 6,” I replied, glancing around to find the number. “I parked and came inside.”

“Couldn’t wait to see me?” he teased.

“Something like that,” I laughed, giddy with relief.

He laughed. “Well, I’ll be there in about a minute.”

“Okay.” I hung up the phone, letting out a happy sigh. He was here. He was okay. And that was all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. I majorly suck for going this long without updating.

This chapter has been half written for awhile, but it never got around to being finished. To make a long story short, I saw someone get hit by a car. The boy ended up dying, and it changed my perspective on a lot things. So I edited my outline for this story and I wanted to make sure everything was going to line-up before I started posting more updates.

Now that I have everything set up, updates should come regularily (and yes I know I said that last time. But I mean it this time). And if you're bored, you can check out my other story, Scent of Summer, because I have a lot planned for that one, too.