‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Certain Truths

After speaking with the girls about all of this, I headed back into the other room. I was getting rather annoyed with everything that had been going on as of late. Despite the fact that I wanted to tell everyone about the fact that Karleigh was dead—they needed to understand that—the Jonas sisters refused to let me do so. It wasn’t right. Why would my sister’s friends want to hold off on the funeral merely because of something that was going on in their lives? Something was always going to be happening in their lives. Would they hold off me telling the boys that Karleigh was dead until it was pointless for me to even mention? None of this seemed to make any sense. Plus, they would need to know eventually. What better time than right now for them to learn about Karleigh’s death and that I was impersonating my twin sister merely so that wedding could proceed. The honeymoon was over, and they needed to know that Karleigh was no longer a part of their lives.

In addition to that, I still didn’t know why my sister had died in the first place. I knew that there was something going on, but there was no way for me to know what that was. And, since Betsy and Amanda were the only ones to know about Karleigh being dead, I couldn’t exactly ask the boys about this without revealing to them what was going on, which the girls obviously didn’t want me doing. I sighed and tried asking the boys about this, using the only method that I could. “I have a hypothetical question for you guys. If I happened to die, what person would be the first person you suspect in having a hand in my death?” I asked.

“Allison.”

“Zora.”

“Both.”

“And, why would you say that?” I asked. Unfortunately, I had no clue as to what Allison and Zora might have to do with my sister’s death. It didn’t seem to make any sense. The Jonas sisters never mentioned any of this. What was going on here? What was hidden from me?

“Well, they may have loved you for a time, but, when you helped Lizard and Panda get rid of them in order to bring Jetsy and Kevanda back together, they started hating you. And, if you didn’t show up to the wedding, we would have known that they were responsible, merely because of the fact that they would have used your death or disappearance as an opportunity to go to the wedding since we would delay it because you aren’t there. Allison and Zora were perfectly aware of the fact that the restraining order we had against them would expired on Halloween at noon. So, if the wedding was ever delayed—for any reason whatsoever—it would give them the chance to attend the wedding and try to stop it the way that Lizard did with Allison’s almost wedding to Kevin.”

Upon hearing about this, I immediately knew what was going on: Allison and Zora had definitely killed my sister. They wanted the wedding to be delayed when they arrived at the church, but surprising found that I had taken my sister’s place; I kept the wedding going. And, it seemed as if I would just have to do something about it if Allison and Zora had a hand in my sister’s death. I sighed. “I’m going to get going then,” I told them.

The girls nodded. “Bye.”

As I was getting ready to leave, I heard one of the boys mention what I was talking about. “What in the world was that about?” Nick asked. “Karleigh’s acting weird.”

“You don’t want to know…”

The girls were absolutely right. The Jonas Brothers really shouldn’t find out about anything that had been going on. If they knew anything about this, I was sure to be in trouble for impersonating my sister. And, that couldn’t happen. There was absolutely no way in hell that I could allow them to find out about what I had been doing. I need to help Karleigh. Right now, all that mattered was my twin sister and avenging her death. Under no circumstances would I ever allow Allison and Zora to get away with killing sister. It just wasn’t going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.