‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Uncle Alabaster

The appointment my uncle made for the Jonas sisters to see an OB/GYN, as I soon discovered, was to be scheduled exactly two days later. It was made with my aunt, someone that I had no clue even existed. In fact, my aunt probably didn’t even know who I was. God knows when my uncle was even married. For all I knew, it could have been after Karleigh and I were born, after we were separated. So, going to see my aunt might turn out to be a pointless gesture. It wouldn’t make much of a difference to me then since most of the people in my family had no clue as to who I even was, that I was Karleigh’s twin.

When it came time for me to go with the Jonas girls to their appointment, I sullenly began to get ready. This was definitely going to be weird for me. Prior to even going on this trip, I was unaware of the fact that I had an aunt. No one told me of her. The same thing was true for my mother’s brother. I didn’t know who my maternal uncle was, only that he existed when the Jonas girls told me about what they knew regarding my family. Who was this uncle, one so mysterious that he remained hidden for my whole life?

As I entered the clinic that my aunt worked at, I knew that the only thing I could do in order to figure out exactly what was going on with my family was to try asking one of my relatives about all of this. Under normal circumstances, I would probably be asking my mother about this, but that was definitely out of the question; my mother would never tell me what was going on. So, the only thing that I could really do in order to figure this out was to go speak with my aunt about it, to see if she knew anything about what was going on. Of course, there was no way for me to know whether or not I’d be able to get any information out of my aunt. Hell, there was really no way for me to know if she knew who I was at all.

Despite this, I still wanted to try asking her. I had to find out who my uncle was. This was important to me. Uncovering the secret my family had been keeping from me was of the utmost importance. “Amanda and Betsy Weimar?” the receptionist asked. I sighed when I heard this. It was time for me to go in to see my aunt. So as to keep the Jonas-Weimar pregnancies a secret, the girls had decided to use their maiden name in order to go for their prenatal care. Historically, as I learned from Amanda who often paid attention to the media, the tabloids often flocked to pregnancies, covering every aspect of them. Since I rarely ever heard any news about the Jonas family’s personal life—the Jonas wives either—I knew that they would want to keep this private. That was why my aunt would be doing the prenatal care. So, the maiden name would be used in anything for the pregnancy.

My aunt came in shortly. “The Weimar sisters?”

They nodded. “Yeah.”

“You’re both pregnant?” They nodded. She laughed. “Well, that’s a new one. I never thought that I would see the day where I would be doing the prenatal care for two sisters, two sisters that happened to marry two brothers. This is definitely going to be an interesting next few months. Now, why don’t we get started then,” she said, looking between the girls.

The appointment went swiftly and, after it ended, the Jonas sisters left the room. I was about to leave as well when my arm was pulled. “Kimberleigh, your uncle told me that you’ve spent the past few weeks impersonating your twin sister. Is there anything that you might want to ask me, something that could help with what you’ve been doing here?”

I nodded solemnly. “My mom’s brother. Do you know who he is?” Despite the fact that there was a very slim chance of my aunt knowing what was going on, I had to ask. I had to know if she was aware of anything that might be able to help me figure all of this out.

“Alabaster,” she said immediately.

“My uncle’s name is Alabaster?” I asked.

She nodded. “Unfortunately, that’s all I know.”

I rolled my eyes. I was really hoping that my aunt might be able to give me a location. But, with the first name, I could track him, once I figure out my mother’s maiden name. “Thanks, I guess.” With that, I left the clinic along with the Jonas sisters, knowing exactly what I had to do once we got back to California: I needed to find this uncle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.