‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Nick's Request

As soon as we arrived back in California, I made my way back home. I needed to go back to my sister’s room to see if I can find out what Karleigh knew about all of this. Based upon the fact that Karleigh was supposed to be the maid of honor in the Jonas-Weimar double wedding, me finding my twin sister dead on the side of the road was a little strange. It didn’t make any sense to me. What was she doing there? What did Karleigh intend on doing prior to the wedding? By going up to my sister’s room, there was a chance that I would be able to figure out how Allison and Zora were able to get to my sister so easily.

Despite this plan for me to go up to my sister’s room, I found that I was unable to do so. Nick was standing on the porch waiting for me to arrive. I sighed, knowing that there was absolutely no way in hell that Nick was ever going to let me do as I wanted to. He wanted to spend time with me, or rather, Karleigh. As I had been spending a lot of my time with his sisters-in-law over the past few weeks because of the fact that they knew who I was, Nick obviously wanted to spend some time with his girlfriend. Knowing that I hadn’t gone this and that Nick was sure to get suspicious if I didn’t, I nonchalantly kissed him. “Hey, Nick. What have you and your brothers been up to for the past few days?” I asked.

“I could be asking you the same thing,” Nick said as he kissed me back. “You’ve been spending an awful lot of time with Beth and Manda. Why? What’s been going on here?”

“They need my help with something,” I said.

“With what?” he asked.

“Let’s just say that you’re going to be an uncle by mid-summer,” I said, grinning. “And, don’t tell your brothers about any of this. It would probably be best if Joe and Kevin heard the news of the pregnancies from their wives rather than their younger brother, either you or Frankie. The news about them becoming fathers is best discovered through the mother of the child. Let things unfold naturally. Tell no one what I just revealed to you.”

Nick nodded. “You’re absolutely right, Karls. They definitely should be the ones to tell them. Besides, I think that Beth and Manda want to pull a Christmas on my brothers,” he said, laughing. “Last year was definitely an interesting Christmas for all of us.”

‘What happened?” I asked.

“Didn’t the girls tell you about that?” he asked. I shook my head. “Oh, I thought they did. Well, last year was the one year in which the girls’ parents were asked to spend Christmas with us. It was at my brothers’ request to do so since they intended on proposing. On Christmas, Joe took Betsy out on a boat ride to propose while Kevin chose to propose to Manda under the mistletoe. Both my brothers proposed by gathering a bouquet of flowers that were meaning to the girls, hiding the ring on the stem of three of the flowers. Now, if I know the girls as well as I think I do, they intend on revealing their concurrent pregnancies and the impending fatherhood that my dear older brothers now face as a result of their marriages on the same day, in the same way that my brothers proposed to them.”

I nodded. “Makes sense. So, why are you here?”

“Oh, well, I wanted to catch you before you made any plans. Why don’t we go out? We haven’t gone out since Beth and Manda became my sisters,” he said. “I’d like to go out with my girlfriend.”

There was absolutely no way in hell that I ever wanted to go anywhere with Nicholas Jerry Jonas. I hated him. I hated him and his brothers so vehemently. I would, for all of eternity. Nothing in the world, not even going out with Nick, was ever going to change that. I sighed. “Alright. Just give me a minute to put my stuff away.” Despite what I wanted, I knew that there was really no possible way for it to happen. Ultimately, I had no choice but to go out with Nick. If I didn’t, Nick was sure to get suspicious about what was going on. And, with the promise I made to the Jonas girls, I would have to keep Nick from finding out that I wasn’t Karleigh; this charade had to kept up until the middle of next summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.