‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Thoughts

Talking with Betsy and Amanda got me thinking. What was I going to do about my own family, the family that never paid any attention to me? Despite the fact that I told everyone about me not caring about my parents ignoring me, that wasn’t true. I really did care. Unfortunately, I had no clue as to what I was going to about it. My parents never paid any attention to me thus far, so what was going to change this time? Nothing! And, that was the problem. How was I supposed to get my parents to pay attention to me when I technically wasn’t allowed to reveal my true identity to them, the one thing in which my parents needed in order to prove who I really was. Unfortunately, despite the fact that pregnancies were supposed to be happy times, this particular experience was an absolute nightmare.

I sat on my sister’s bed Indian style, the photo album Nick gave me sitting in my lap. Gingerly paging through it, I cried softly as I looked through the pictures of Nick and my sister. It was like a time machine to the last three years of my sister’s life. And, unfortunately, it was the only possible way for me to get to know my sister. Nick was the one to give me the photo album. That was the only thing that bothered me about this; I despised Nick and his family, yet he was the one to give me the only way for me to get to know my sister.

The fact was that I hated the Jonas Brothers, despite my sister’s attempts at trying to prove otherwise. So, Nick giving me the photo album really bugged me. I sighed and continued paging through the album. None of this was right. Not only was the photo album filled with pictures of Nick and Karleigh, but there were not in here of my parents. There was probably no picture in existence of Karleigh and our parents. It wasn’t right. We were supposed to be a family. We weren’t though. Not once. It bothered me to know that. Placing the album on the bed, I came to a decision. Ultimately, the only thing I could do was the one thing that Karleigh and the Jonas sisters did want me to do. “I have to do this,” I said quietly to no one in particular. “In order to fix my life, this is the only thing that can be done. No matter what Amanda, Betsy, and Karleigh want me to do, it’s the only way.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.