‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Who cares?

I sighed. During the past two months, I found that I had an extremely difficult time keeping all of this secret. It had been a while since I actually wanted to keep this a secret for my twin sister and the Jonas sisters. What in the world am I going to do? I wondered. How am I supposed to get through the next two months? It was already the end of May, and there was approximately only two months left until the young Jonas daughters were brought into the world. There was no way that I could wait that long though. It was absolutely unbearable.

As it was closing in on the due dates for the Jonas daughters, a double baby shower was being held. That was where I was right now: the girls’ baby shower. It bothered me to be there. Being in attendance at the baby shower reminded me of the fact that I was abandoned as a baby. At just two days-old, I was abandoned and unknowingly sent to live with my uncle. I hated that and did not wish to be reminded of that fact, not even due to the Jonas sisters being pregnant with the newest additions to the Jonas family. In fact, that was making it that much worse since I hated the entire Jonas family anyway.

“Kimber, you okay?” Amanda asked.

I shrugged. “I guess. This just isn’t one of my favorite things to do. I’m an orphan, remember? So, it’s hard for me to deal with being around families. I never had one of my own, and that’s still extremely tough for me to deal with. Sure I lived with my uncle, but I never really knew that it was him. For me, there was never really a family to watch over me like you and Betsy had. I always had to look out for myself; no one was really around for me to whole-heartedly depend on like I should have,” I said. “I was never appreciated.”

“You are here though,” Amanda said.

“By whom?” I asked.

“Us and the boys,” Amanda replied.

“Oh yeah, that really makes me feel a lot better,” I said, rolling my eyes. “I’ve mentioned this before to you and your sister, but I hate the Jonas Brothers. I always will. Nothing in the world is ever going to change that.” I sighed. Why were the girls so intent on keeping me around? It didn’t make any sense. Did Karleigh have anything to do with this?

“It just may,” Amanda said.

I groaned. You too? It seemed as if everyone around me wanted to see me fall for Nick. Karleigh especially so. She had to have been the reason that all of this was going on; Karleigh had an influence over it all. My twin sister was attempting to have Amanda and Betsy do what she could no longer do: try to push me and Nick together, even after I revealed myself. “Unlikely,” I said. There was absolutely no way in hell that I was ever going to fall for Nick. He was my sister’s boyfriend, and though she was dead, I respected that. Plus, I hated him. Dating Nick would then seem quite hypocritical of me to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.