‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

The Call that changes everything

Monday, July 9th, 2012. That was today’s date. Ultimately, that meant that I just had to wait a few more weeks until the girls were born when I would finally be able to tell everyone about what was going on, and who I really was. I would finally be out of the Jonas family’s life forever. I sighed as I sat around with Betsy and Amanda. The boys were currently out at an interview with Ryan Seacrest, promoting their seventh album that was to be released in the coming weeks. After that, the boys had a set to do before coming back. To be perfectly honest, I was extremely glad that the boys were gone; I hated being around them. All I wanted was for me to be out of the Jonas Brothers’ lives forever.

At the moment, Betsy and Amanda were on the phone talking with their parents. It was evidently, their twenty-fourth anniversary, and the girls wished to speak with them. While they did, I sat around thinking, trying to figure out what I was going to do after the Jonas sisters gave birth to their daughters. It was only then in which I would finally be free to tell everyone about the fact that Karleigh died at the end of October, just before the Jonas-Weimar wedding. Unfortunately, I had yet to make a plan for what was going to happen afterwards. What was I going to do? It definitely needed to be figured out, or else I would probably be stuck hanging out with the Jonas family before even longer than I had initially wanted. And, that was not something that I wanted to do. I wished to be out of the Jonas family’s life as soon as I possibly could. It was the only way that I could be happy.

Soon after the phone call ended, Amanda went upstairs, meaning that Betsy and I were left in the living room for awhile. There was silence for awhile, and I rather enjoyed it. The silence didn’t last though. “Damn it!” we heard Amanda call out from the upstairs hall.

“What’s wrong?” Betsy called.

Amanda yelled out. “I’m going into labor!”

“What, now?” Betsy exclaimed.

“Evidently,” she said.

“But, the due dates that Kimberleigh’s aunt came up with aren’t supposed to come up for another three weeks,” Betsy objected, rather shocked. “The end of July, remember?”

“She’s early,” Amanda replied. “Now, can we please get everything ready and get out of here? We need to get over to the hospital right now. It needs to be taken care of immediately.”

“What about the boys?” I asked.

Betsy shook her head. “The boys are busy giving an interview. Despite the fact that this is a very good reason for us to interrupt them, I really don’t think that I should. This album is really important for them. Since their first album came out so many years ago, they’ve been looking forward to this. Ever since the song that got them first introduced on Radio Disney, Amanda and I have pushed the boys towards this, knowing that their prediction was going to come true so long as we pushed the boys. We want this album to be their most successful to date. So, we can’t call the boys away from their interview.”

“Which song?” I asked.

“Year 3000,” Amanda said, coming down carefully. “In doing that song, the boys predicted that their seventh album was going to beat out Kelly Clarkson in sales. Coincidentally, Kelly is releasing her new album the same day as the boys. That will ultimately prove whether this prediction was indeed accurate. Now, can we please not worry about any of this? I mean, I’m going into labor here. That is of the utmost importance right now.”

We nodded. “Got it.”

Betsy and Amanda went outside, but I opted to stay inside for the moment. I pulled out my phone and dialed the number of the studio where the boys were. After being connected, I spoke with operator for a moment and waited for my opportunity to speak with the boys. Despite the fact that Amanda and Betsy wished for the boys to remain at the studio giving this interview, I thought slightly differently; the boys would want to be there as their daughters were born. So, I had to contact the boys about all of this.

“And now we have Karleigh on the line,” Seacrest said as the boys gasped. I don’t think that they expected that I was going to call in. Well, they were going to be surprised with what I had to say, the reason that I had initially called in. Kevin’s and Nick’s were the loudest, which was rather surprising considering that Joe was the most energetic brother. But, then, Joe also knew who I really was. He was the only one to know. And, something told me that he knew why I was calling. I don’t know how, but it seemed like he knew exactly what was going on. “So, Karleigh, is there anything you want to ask the boys?”

“Not really,” I said.

“Then why did you call?”

I sighed. “I need to talk to the boys. Now, Betsy and Amanda may not want you to know about this quite yet, but I feel as if you need to know. Kevin, Amanda went into labor. And, Joe, with the stress of her older sister going into labor, I have a feeling that she’ll be going into labor as well. This interview needs to be cut short so that you guys can be with your wives as they give birth. The interview can be made up tomorrow. So, please get going.”

“We’re on our way,” Kevin said.

“Good,” I said. I then hung up and scurried outside to take Betsy and Amanda over to the hospital. They were definitely going to be surprised with what I did for them. It was going to be hilarious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.