‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Twins

There was a certain degree of freakiness that went along with me finding the body of a girl that looked exactly like me dead on the side of the road. It was just too weird. Since there was a dim light shining in this area, enough for me to see, I checked to see who this was. Sure enough, I saw the one name that I hoped I wouldn’t: Karleigh Fox. Thinking back, I was pretty sure of the fact that Karleigh was the name of the girl that all of the Jonas-obsessed orphans were talking about. And, based on that, I knew that my family held a connection to the Jonas Brothers, one that I didn’t want to exist. But, I would have to deal with all of that now, particularly since Karleigh obviously seemed to be my identical twin.

With the exception of our hair color, Karleigh and I looked exactly alike; our eye color was the same—a bluish-green—and our facial features were definitely the same as well. Hair was a completely different story though; Karleigh’s hair was black while mine was more of a silver. I had dyed it from its natural blonde when I was eleven, hating the blonde. Karleigh must have done the same to hers in black. Despite the hair color though, Karleigh and I were definitely identical. I sighed and sat down next to my now-dead twin, a twin that I never got the chance to know. But, one thing still didn’t make any sense. If Karleigh and I were twins, why was it that only Karleigh got to be raised by our parents? Why was I the one who got cast aside to be the orphan twin while Karleigh had Mom and Dad to raise her? It wasn’t right for twins to be raised apart from each other. They were supposed to be raised in the same house. Now though, with my recent discovery of my twin sister death, I’d never get the chance to know her. She was a complete stranger to me.

I sighed and went through my sister’s things, hoping that I might be able to find out what Karleigh was like during her life. A person’s life could be boiled down to a few personal belongings, so I would have to try looking through them. As I expected, most of Karleigh’s personal items were Jonas-related, and when I found the picture of my late sister and one of the Jonas boys—I think it was Nick—I understood why this was so: Karleigh was Nick’s girlfriend. And, since I was the only one to know that my sister was dead, I was going to have to go tell Nick that my twin sister, his girlfriend was dead. He would need to know that. But, where was he? Where were the Jonas Brothers right now? I was never a big fan of the boys, so there was no way for me to know where they might possibly be.

As I was busy looking through my twin sister’s things, I came upon an embossed card. Running it under the light, I soon came to realize what this was: it was a wedding invitation.

Halloween is known for Trick or Treat.

This year offers quite a treat.

Robbie and Lolly Weimar

and

Paul and Denise Jonas

Invite you to the

Marriage ceremony of two couples:

Amanda Lynne Weimar

and

Paul Kevin Jonas II

AND

Elizabeth Anne Weimar

and

Joseph Adam Jonas

on Halloween, 2011 at noon.

Reception to follow.


When I saw this, I knew exactly where Nick was going to be; he was going to be attending his brothers’ weddings as his family welcomed the Weimar sisters into their family. That, of course, was not going to be a very happy occasion if I went over there and told Nick that his girlfriend was dead. At that moment, I came to a decision about something; just until tomorrow, I was going to take my sister’s place. Then, while the others were out on their honeymoons, I would alert Nick as to the fact that Karleigh was dead.

Since I was going to be taking my sister’s place, I pushed my twin sister’s body back into the bushes, only after taking the wedding invitation and all forms of identification and putting it in my bag. Karleigh was to be a nameless phantom until I revealed the truth. I sighed as I carefully hid my sister’s body. “I’m sorry, Karleigh,” I said quietly. “I’m sorry for having to take over your identity right now, particularly since we’ve never met. I wish we did though; you’re family. And, that’s the only reason that I’m even doing this. I hate the Jonas Brothers, but I’m doing this for you. Bye, Karleigh. May you rest in peace.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment and subscribe.