Sequel: We Gamble With Desire
Status: Complete ; Sequel soonish <3

Have You Seen This Girl

013.

Alex’s POV

“This is horrible. Every girl in fucking Wisconsin thinks she can trick me.” I said angry. “I’m really not that stupid!” I was complaining again.

“Alex, calm down.” Rian begged, as I interrupted his phone call again. “You’ll find her.”

I shut up, and began again;

'Hey Alex!
Sorry I was so horrible...’ delete

‘Alex,
Hey I had fun that...’ delete

'Alex, I know Spencer. I’ll prove it.'

“Now that’s more like it.” I said out loud

'Adam,
You’ve caught my attention. How can you prove it?' I responded.

“Dude why do you look like a little kid on Christmas?” Zack asked.

“I think I found someone who knows her.”

“How do you know?” He asked skeptically.

“I don’t know, I just have a feeling.” I offered lamely.

“You and your feelings man.” Rian said getting up to leave, phone already pressed to his ear.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, a bit offended.

“When I get back.” he said slamming the door shut.

“Fine.” I muttered turning back to the computer screen.

One new message :D

What’d you do to her first. She’s my very best friend, and you’re one of her favorite bands. I know nothing of you two even meeting…?
ADAM.

Fuck this could be bad.

I decided to tell the truth, it was always the best way.

I wrote down all the details as, I remembered them, from that night.

“Alex.” Jack called, “We’re playing life with Gabe, Pete and Patrick!”

“I call the blue car.” I said closing my matchbooks thankful for a distraction.

Adam’s POV

“…all he wanted was sex Adam. I was in no position for that.” Spencer finished her long story, exhausted from work.

“If what he said was true, and we both know it is, he want you to move on. You’ve been blah around her ever other day--”

“I want happy at the zoo.” She interrupted.

“Yes you were. Come on give this dude a chance. He’s hot and I really don’t think it was all about the sex Spence.”

“Yes it was. I was just another name to be forgotten.”

“Let me show you something.” I said pulling up the youtube page.

“How could he want me now?” She asked confused after watching the video. “I mean, I made a total fool out of myself that night.”

“Because, maybe, he actually cares?” I offered.

“Please Adam.” She said unsatisfied. “These things don’t acutally happen. Stop reading so much fan fiction.” She teased.

“Spencer Leigh!” I said getting annoyed. “How can you still not think he likes you? He made a whole video about you.”

“It doesn’t prove or mean anything Adam.” She said stubbornly.

“How the fuck can you say that?!” I asked agitated.

“It just--” She started.

“No, he was begging, pleading for you to just talk to him. “Plus I talked to him. He wants to talk to you.”

“Wait you talked to him? About me?!” She said very angry.

“Well yeah…” I said quietly.

“God Adam.” She said as she left for her room.

I turned back to my computer

Alex,
Convincing her might be hard…

Spencer’s POV

I slammed the door to my bedroom.

How could he do that to me?! I mean, it’s my life and Alex was a jerk.

I cranked up my ipod letting Brendon’s sweet voice, singing Time To Dance, fill my room.

I laid down on my bed and thought of all the ways the new info I had could affect me

- I don’t want to be that fan girl.
- Friends?
No.
-Nothing?
Adam will never let me.
-More problems
Most likely.
-Happily together?
I wish…

I hadn’t even realized I was tired as I pondered, my ipod continuing at an incredibly loud setting, until I was fast asleep.