Sequel: We Gamble With Desire
Status: Complete ; Sequel soonish <3

Have You Seen This Girl

029.

"You walk away from the guy trying to give it to you." Alex said quietly from behind me.

Startled I turned around, "You followed me?"

"I wanted to make sure you got home ok." He said, scratching the back of his neck with one hand holding my shoe in the other.

"Oh." I said quietly.

He nodded, then looked down at his shoe. "Do you, uh, want your shoe back?" I reached my hand out to grab it from him, not finding the will to speak. "Spencer, what does this mean?"

I looked at him, probably like an idiot."I don't know, Alex." My mind wondered back to the previous memory, my heart ached.

Against all my willpower the tears started flowing. "Hey now, none of that." Alex said gently filling the space between us he whipped away the few tears. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

I shook my head no, "You didn't it's…it's complicated."

"Try me." He said confidently. I sighed, slipping my shoe back on. "Or how about we finish the walk to your house, grab your car and then go back to my hotel to just talk?" I nodded my head, unable to talk once again. "Alright, let's get walking." Alex replied cheery, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I'll be right back." I said a little spacey as I left Alex leaning against my little blue car, heading towards my apartment.

As I walked up the outsides stairs I tried to think of everything but what just happened, everything but what I was going to have to say to Adam when I walked in the door; the plants outside needed to be watered.

Shoving my key in the door I walked in and called Adam's name. Without a response I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

I headed towards my room, taking my time, and started shoving a few things into a bag; just in case. I threw in jeans, pajama shorts, t-shirt, make-up bag, deodorant, ipod and my swimsuit; one could always hope that we'd have a chance at the hotel pool.

When I was finished I walked towards the kitchen in search of a Pepsi, a Redbull for Alex and a note from Adam. Grabbing the drinks I scanned the fridge for some random piece of paper tacked up with Adam's large, illegible handwriting.

Jackpot I thought pulling down the green pile of post-its

The fist one; Spencer, I'm going out with Anna and
The second one; Zack. We're going out to dinner at
The third one; the Chinese place on third. Come out
The fourth one; if you want. Btw, I expect…no demand
The fifth one; details when you get home. Love you, A

I laughed at the pile of notes, it was definitely an Adam thing to do.

Grabbing actual pad for notes that we had stuck on the fridge I wrote him a quick note back.

With your handwriting boy you need to stop using sticky notes! Not coming to diner…Alex and I kissed, we're going back to his hotel to talk. I'll be back later tonight.
Love you, Spence.


Knowing to expect multiple texts and calls for an explanation for that note, I left the apartment locking the door and making another note of the plants water situation.

"Took you long enough." Alex teased when he saw me.

"Hush, I brought Redbull as an apology." I said handing him the can and pulling my keys out.

"Well then we're all good." He said excited.

Unlocking the door and sitting down in the seat, Alex still stood where he was guzzling down his Redbull, I honked my horn and yelled. "Get in the car Gaskarth!"

He jumped, spilling a bit of the disgusting liquid down his chin, and laughed rushing to get in the car. "Well, you know how to make a point Miss."

"Yes I do." I turned on the car and hooked up my ipod shuffling through my car list for an appropriate song. This proved difficult seen as I typically listened to All Time Low in the car. Settling on Cartel's Let's Go I started pulling out of my parking spot, heading towards the road. "So what hotel?" I asked focusing on the road. When he didn't respond I looked over at him "Alex--hey my ipod." I tried to snatch it back from him.

"No, I'm interested in looking at your music." He said amused.

Realizing if I didn't give up we'd crash I allowed him to. "What hotel?" I asked cranky.

"The Mariot on Maine St." He replied scrolling through the music.

"Right." I turned on my blinker and drove us in the right direction.

"You have a lot of music." He commented randomly.

"I told you; I love music."

"I know you did, just didn't expect you to be so serious about it." I gave him a confused look. "Well, everyone says they love music, I just didn't know you'd actually mean it so much.

I laughed at him, "Well that's me; I listen to crap loads of music and I go to concerts. My life centers on music."

"Mine too."

"Well duh." I chuckled as I turned into the parking lot of the hotel.

After we parked and walked up to the door, Alex pulled the door open, "After you m'lady."

I giggled at him but walked through the door. "You're such a dork Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to allzac <3
Tell me what you think pretty please :)

Three more comments before and update??
<3