Sequel: We Gamble With Desire
Status: Complete ; Sequel soonish <3

Have You Seen This Girl

033.

"Well kind of…" I said picking at my nails; a nasty habit I've had since I was younger.

"Kind of?" He asked confused.

"Well, it's more I don't know what to talk about really."

"What're you thinking?" He probed.

"Just friends is not working out so hot." I said, making him chuckle.

"I'm sorry for that." He said amused.

"S'okay." I replied still not looking up.

"Do you regret it?"

I looked up at him and looked him in the eyes. "Kind of…" I watched as his face fell. "Only because I don't really know if I can handle being in a relationship right now and then if you factor in that we barely know each other and well I guess the kiss might mislead you…hurt you."

"So you still don't know if you want to be with me?" He asked with a mix of anger and confusion.

"I don't want to say yes…but I don't know."

"So when you held my hand in the elevator that was just…nothing?"

"I don't know Alex." I responded again quietly. "What about the almost kiss? Why'd you stop?"

"I figured if I kissed you again I'd be pushing my luck; pushing you too far. Aside from the fact that we were supposed to be talking about the first kiss then."

"Oh." I responded, amazed at his self-control.

"Yeah, I really like you Spencer; please give me a chance?"

"Let me get to know you? The real you. I'll have my answer in the morning by the latest." I responded looking up at him hopefully.

He sat in silence for a few moments, contemplating. "So you're staying the night?"

"As long as you'll let me." I said smiling.

"Fine." Alex replied, smirking. "What do you want to know?"

"All sorts of things."

Over an hour later we were still sitting on the couch talking. "Okay so any broken bones?" He asked.

"When I was eleven I was playing on the monkey bars with my friends at the time. We were trying to see who could do the coolest tricks; so I being the brave one climbed on top of them and sat there. When I tried to get off I fell and broke my arm. I can remember hearing the bone snap." I responded taking a sip of the water bottle he had brought me.

"Gross gross gross." He said shutting his eyes.

"Oh hush. What about you?"

"When I was fifteen, we were at band practice and I was just messing around jumping around and stuff to some random Blink song when my foot got twisted in the mic cord. I don't know how it happened after that, I just remember falling and not being able to get up."

"Help I've fallen and I can't get up." I whispered under my breath, imitating the old lady commercial.

"You did not just do that." He said in disbelief.

I blushed and smiled. "And if I did?"

"Well then…you're lame." He said making me laugh.

"Well I'm thoroughly insulted Alex." I laughed with him thinking of the commercial. "Alright well what are your favorite foods?"

"Pizza, for sure, and probably steak or sushi."

"Oh yum! Except for the pizza, pasta's better." I smiled.

"You're crazy." He concluded seriously.

We kept talking like that, asking each other random questions from favorite color; mine was green and his was blue. Favorite football team; my favorite were the Patriots while his were the Ravens. We talked about our goals for our lives; I wanted to be happy, he wanted to grow boobs…just kidding (Although he did say that.), he wanted to make music and tour for the rest of his life. We talked about our family and our friends.

It was almost three in the morning when we started winding down. Over the course of the time I had decided that there was more to Alex than a perve, although that dominated, and that he really could be sweet. He was a democrat, he was a great listener, and that he was ridiculously funny. I was sold on Alex, although it really wasn't a surprise; everything was easy with Alex, effortless.

"Well we should get some sleep, it's almost three." Alex said brining me back to the present.

"Oh, that sounds like a very good idea actually." I agreed.

"I'll sleep out on the couch; you can take the bed. This way it wont be awkward." He said smiling.

And he's a gentleman…at times. I added to my mental list.

I nodded my head, and headed towards the room with Alex. I stood behind him as he pulled an extra blanket from the closet to take with him.

"Sweet dreams Spencer Leigh." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"Good night, Alex." I said into his chest not letting go.

He pressed his lips gently on top of my head and let me go slowly. "Get some sleep."

I watched him go out to the couch for a moment and then climbed under the covers myself.

Lying awake for the last ten minutes, I couldn't sleep. I was lonely, I didn't want to sleep alone.

Why did I agree to this? I mentally hissed at myself.

After much debate, I decided I wouldn't get any sleep unless I did this…

I got up from the bed and walked quietly into the living room of the hotel room "Alex?" I whispered into the semi-dark room, lit only by moonlight.

"Spencer, you're awake?" He asked rolling over to face me.

I nodded at him, "Move over."

He moved over on the couch to allow me to lay next to him. Squishing into the room available my entire body was pressed tightly against his warm one; I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. "So I take it this is your yes, you'll be with me?" I nodded my head, and he chuckled. "Good, I was going crazy not knowing." He kissed my forehead quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter! What'd you think?!

I'm probably going to edit
this a bit tomorrow...add
some more stuff to their
conversations (:

PS: sequel soon...I need a title...help? :D
Love all of you guys

Dedicated to: allzac, samsstoryaccount, diamond girl;, annd purple monster
&& all the readers who don't leave me comments <3

Love you guys