Sequel: We Gamble With Desire
Status: Complete ; Sequel soonish <3

Have You Seen This Girl

004.

“Wait, why are we hearing a story about Alex and some chick. We all know how it’s going to end.” Zack said laughing.

“Because if it had ended like that, the whole story would’ve been about the sex and Alex would not look so fucking depressed.” Jack said mater-o-factly.

“That’s true…” Zack said still not convinced.

“And because I asked him what was wrong and he said he’d have to tell me the whole story to get it.” Jack continued.

“Guys, do we look like kindergarteners?” Rian asked making everyone jump.

“Where the fuck did you come from?” Zack asked laughing.

“Dude, ask about the birds and the bees later. Why are we having story time?”

“Fucker," Zack said laughing, "you just missed the whole run down of why.” Zack stated.

“Basically Alex is depressed and he’s telling us why.” Jack said as he cleared room on the couch. “Alex is she really that pretty?”

“Jack, it’s an understatement when I talk about her. She’s really short, but that just makes her look adorable somehow. She’s thin, but healthy thin, none of that anorexic shit. Her hair was this golden color brown, short and wavy. She had the most gorgeous smile I’ve ever seen, it was sweet and warm and it lit up her whole face. But her eyes; man they were this spectacular color green. They were this almost grass green color with blue flakes in it. As cliché as it sounds, they were the perfect window into what she was thinking and feeling.” I still couldn’t exactly describe how beautiful she was. She was unique and gorgeous; I’ve never seen a girl as beautiful as her.

“Who is this mystery girl?” Rian asked.

“Spencer.” Jack, Zack, and I all said simultaneously.

****

We messed around, while we waited for Cobra’s set to start, just talking about each other.

“Who have you seen here?” I asked

“Well, I’ve seen Boys Like Girls with Good Charlotte, Panic At The Disco” Her face dropped with the mention of this. I didn’t understand it but figured I’d have to wait to find out. “You guys with Mayday Parade, The AP tour with 3Oh!3, We the Kings, Stereo Skyline, Cartel, Jesse McCartney—“

“Are you serious?” I asked interrupting her.

“Yeah, actually, I don’t mind him and I really went for Metro Station.”

“Hate MetroStation." I said holding onto my hatred. "That’s quite a list though.” I commented.

“Oh, it’s not over. “I’ve seen Sing it Loud, Never Shout Never, All-American Rejects, and Secondhand Serenade here. But I’ve seen other people other places.”

“Really? Like who?” I asked leaning in, interested.

“Is it really that interesting Alex?” She said giggling self-consciously

“It really is.”

“Well, I saw All-American Rejects up at home and Owl City up there. I’ve seen Panic in Chicago, Green Day in Minnesota, Attack! Attack!, BrokeNCYDE, Forever the Sickest Kids, Reel Big Fish, Boys Like Girls, Never Shout Never, Motley Crue, Josh Turner, The Jonas Brothers, Brittney Spears, Aaron Carter, Backstreet Boys and 311 all at the Summer Fest grounds.”

“God girl, you don’t like concerts at all do you?” I said laughing.

“That’s an understatement. Music’s literally my life. I mean I know how cliché that is. But it’s true. I’d really die without it. I’ll listen to absolutely anything. It’s just like the perfect way to escape, I guess. Gah, I don’t think I could ever come close to describing it.” Spencer rambled, “If I had any talent, at anything, I would be doing it.” I smiled at her; she got everything I’d ever felt. The only difference was that I was apparently the lucky one that had the ability to accomplish what we both dreamed of. She looked out onto the crowd, I couldn’t help stealing glances at her. I eventually gave up, successfully making myself feel like a stalker, and watched the crowd. “Alex, who’s Al?” She asked randomly breaking our silence.

I chuckled, “He’s the manager of this place.”

“Oh, was he really looking for Patrick?” She asked hiding behind what little hair she could manage to get in front of her face.

“No, I was just worried about you. I didn’t want to make it uncomfortable for you.”

“Oh.” She said back quietly. I wanted to say something but the screaming that started drowned out anything I would’ve attempted to say. The lights were out and Cobra mounted the stage waiting for the bright stage lights to light up.

“Come on!” I yelled grabbing her hand. We ran up to the front of the stage. She quickly started snapping pictures as the lights came on and Cobra launched into ‘The City is at War’. I laughed as she took pictures and jumped, screamed and sang along with the crowd behind her. I stood there watching her trying to keep out of the way of the security and other photographers.

“Alexander Gaskarth what the fuck are you doing down there dude?!” Gabe yelled into the microphone. I hadn’t even realized the song was over; I was too busy watching her.

I laughed at him and all the screaming girls that just noticed I’d been standing in front of them the entire time. “Dude, way to blow my cover.” I said as I hopped on stage. “I brought this girl down here to take some pictures of you guys.”

“Oo, where is she Alex?” Vicky asked scanning the small space in front of the stage. I pointed down towards her, noticing her face beat red by being in the spotlight. “Come on up here girlie! There’s way too much testosterone.” She said causing everyone to laugh. I pulled her up and we sat on the edge of the stage dancing like fools and singing along to their hit ‘Bring It’, more commonly known as ‘Snakes on a Plane’. Her eyes were lit up and she looked like she was on cloud nine.

During the chorus, Gabe came up behind us and had us sing the chorus together with him and Vicky. We all sang along having a blast.

After we said goodnight to everyone we went back out to the side stage to watch the rest of the concert.

“Well what do you think? How was your first time singing on stage with major super stars?”

“Haha, you are no major super star.” She said giggling, I pouted. “But maybe, a damn good rockstar?”

“That’s more like it babe.” I said slinging my arm around her and kissing her cheek. “So, what’d you think?”

“That was, oh my god amazing!” She said over happy, “Thank you, Alex, so much.”

I smiled, “It was really nothing, I’m glad you enjoyed yourself.” She pulled me into a hug catching me off guard. I pulled her close. We stood close to each other singing and dancing and messing around with each other.

“Alex, dude, do you think you can watch Bronx for us for a little bit?” Pete asked appearing out of nowhere.

“Shit dude where did you come from?” I said, a tad scared. “I though you didn’t trust me with the little guy.”

“Well out of all the people left that are available, we trust you the most.”

“Aw, didn’t want to leave Bronx with Jack or Zack?” I said laughing.

“Haha, you’re hilarious dude.”

“Where’s Rian?” I asked confused.

“Drinking.”

“Well, I’m glad to know I was the first in line for being the last resort.” I said cheerfully.

“So will you do it man?”

“Yeah, I will. As long as you don’t mind that I bring a friend.”

“Is it that chick over there?” I nodded. “She’s hot. Are you going to fuck her?” he asked laughing.

“What?” She spat spinning around. “So that’s all this is about? Just another conquest for Alex? Just another girl to try to get in bed to fuck? Well guess what, I’m not fucking falling for it. I can’t believe you.” She was yelling her face angry.

“No. Spencer, please, it’s not like that at all.”

“Sure Alex, and you actually like me. And you actually care about me and don’t want anyone else anymore. Yeah right. I’m not the same as all the other dumb little girls you lure into bed.” She started walking away. I grabbed onto her arm. “No, I’m leaving.”

“Just wait. Let me talk to you? Please?”

“Just let go of me Alex.” She said her tears returning.

“No! You’re different. I swear, I’d never fight for a girl ever. It’s not worth it to me when I can just find another girl. You’re different. I actually want to be with you. Please just give me a minute to explain?”

“Fine you have three minutes.” She responded coldly no longer looking me in the eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah...any feed back?