I Remember Fall

1/1.

I remember fall, when her smiles were wide and her laughs ringing, when she let the colorful leaves fall upon her lap carelessly, when she told me things which wouldn’t have been special if they were from somebody else.

I remember her, and the way she let her hair fall lazily and incompletely tied, how she dropped her foot on the bike’s brake pedals suddenly and causing me to fall off my seat, and how I knew she did it on purpose but whenever I felt like getting back on her, I couldn’t help but keep a smile on my face.

I remember the song with which we sang along together, the way we argued about whose favorite artist was better, the moments we had shared just arguing against each other.

I remember fall, the very mid of fall, the last fall we had ever spent with each other, that day she let her head rest upon my shoulder, the moment she let out the weakest of her breaths.

I remember fall, and the leaves that fell along with the lingering of her silent goodbyes, the soft squeeze she gave my hand before letting her head finally fall on my lap.

I remember her, and how she fought until the end, the way she struggled and held on, the way she whispered sorry when told me she needed to let go..

And I remember the promise she’d made in apology of not making it, that she’d watch over me like the angel she’d promised me she’d always be, the way I told her I would never forget anything about her, and how I held on to the vows all year long.

I remember, and I will always remember, until the day I see my angel again. I’ll remember so clearly, like she was only from yesterday, that through the thickest fog heaven might ever have on that dear day, I will recognize her face, her smile, her voice, her laugh.

Forever, I promise. I’ll remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? :)