Out of Boredom

This starts with Krissy

Their story doesn’t really begin here, but for Fish it does. Ow, Nick hit my head. He told me to use Krissy instead of Fish, so fine! So as I said, John and Krissy’s story doesn’t start here but it does for Krissy. It was the sixth of September and Toty, I and Krissy were walking from school (our schools were all just beside each other.). There we were walking beside each other, age 11, 13 and 18. Mom told us she couldn’t pick us up because she was busy and she told us that we should wait for her to go home before we head to bed because she had something important to tell us.

She forgot my birthday. I kicked a stone out of my way, I kicked it hard. It was annoying me with its rockiness. To top it all off Krissy and Toty wouldn’t shut up, “Aw… I’m sure that important thing mom’s going to tell us later is about your birthday.”

Toty nudges me, “Maybe she bought you like, a new bass or something. Or better yet, she bought you a around the world ticket.”

I looked up, “Is there such thing as that?”

“I don’t know.”

Krissy shook her head, “Doesn’t matter Max, we’re just cheering up.” She put one arms over my neck, “Hey, she forgot my birthday too remember? Mom’s just too caught up at work.”

I nodded, not even caring. Well, that’s what I look like, I look like I don’t give a fuck but seriously I do. Way, deep inside, like… down, down, down, down, down, there!

“Well, I don’t see a smile,” she said as her face popped closed to mine, “Right Toty? That doesn’t look like a smile, to me, does it to you?”

If I smile, my jaw may drop and I’d scare you guys away. This is the result of clenching it too much.

Toty chuckled, “Nope. Definitely NOT a smile.”

I rolled my eyes and smiled softly, they both smiled and I started to talk again. We talked about school; Krissy’s prissy literature teacher, this girl who nearly knocked me off the stairs and who I spatted at, how irregularly good smelling Toty is after every soccer practice of his and stuff like that.

Then our house came to view. Out of all, it was the brightest. It was painted in bright green which made it stood out from all the other houses – the results of dad trying to impress mom by acting like he can paint a house with the help of us of course, ahh… Good times, good times.

“Your house was green before? Back in San Diego? Green?” Nick cracking up.

I punch his shoulder, “Dude! There’s nothing funny about that. And FYI, it was a nice shade of green!” Krissy and John look over at us –

“You two! What’re you up to? I hope you’re not planning some prank again,” said Krissy. They both laugh.

Nick cracks up and faces them, “GREEN!” he shouts in between laughs. I shake my head…


Anyway, back to the story. I’d write more appropriately if Nick here would stop laughing, and rereading the ‘Green house’ sentence over and over again. Ok, seriously back to the story. So that night, in celebration of my birth – Krissy ordered loads of pizza, Toty dressed up like Tom Cruise on Risky Business, Krissy dressed up as a big blue beetle and I dressed up as a leprechaun wearing a gold t-shirt and green pajama pants. We watched movies, played guitar hero and rock band, wrestled each other, had a food fight and loads more of randomness that I can even hardly remember. But this is what I did remember.

I remember passing out while watching Harry Potter slaying a huge snake (don’t remember what’s it called anymore, but I do know it started with a B)… Aha! I remembered - Basilisk or something like that. Anyway, the tree of us woke up, mom tapping her foot in front of us. Obviously she was furious of the mess that we made. No duh! We let all hell loose, who wouldn't get mad? The house was fucking trashed!

“What is all this?” she said angrily, she looked at Krissy, “Usually you’d be more responsible and handle both of your siblings, what the fuck happened?”

We just stayed quiet for a while. Mom let out a sigh, a sigh of frustration and stress – I could tell. “Mom, I know we made a big mess but that’s only because –“ Krissy was cut off.

“I don’t even want to hear it,” she told us, “Look, all of you in the dining room… now.”

I pushed Toty’s drooling head off my shoulder and got up. We marched groggily to the dining table, mom following us behind. We sat on our usual spots, me on the cushioned grey chair, Toty on his blue and Krissy on her purple one. Mom always sat at the head of the table in her big cherry wood throne. Yes throne, because mom is the queen of the house. Her word is law.

“After this discussion I want you guys to clean up the mess that is outside, ok?” she told us. We nodded silently, "I have big news,” she told us, “I got a promotion earlier this week and it is going to open big, grateful doors for us.”

“Well, congratulations mom,” I said.

“Thank you, but I’m not finish,” she faced me then faced us all, “The bottom line is: we’re moving to Arizona. And you guys are going to be homed schooled by this amazing teacher who I met there and-“

“Wait! Is this why you went there two days ago?” asked Krissy.

Mom nodded, “Yes. I have picked out a wonderful house for us, in a wonderful neighborhood.”

Toty rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah that's all so wonderful!" sarcasm oozing in his tone, "And when will we move actually?"

“Two days after today,” she told us calmly.

“Mom! You can’t do that!” bellowed my brother, “We have regionals next week! I can’t just leave the team!”

Krissy nodded, “That’s right! And plus, prom’s next week-“

“I’m sorry guys but we need this. If I don’t take this then I won’t have a job. Do you want me to get fired? It’s not easy finding another one as great as this,” she said.

Toty and Krissy were both protesting while I just sat there quietly, taking it all in. This sucks! My thoughts were interrupted, “Max! Are you even listening!?” asked my mother.

I nodded, “Yeah.”

“So you’re ok with this?” she asked and both Fish and Toty looked at me.

I shook my head, “Nope. I think this sucks that we have to move. But honestly we can’t do anything about it, you bought the house already and hired that teacher or whatever – and without even telling us. It’s all planned out and it’s too late to back out. Just like the time you made me get into that modeling class, you enrolled me without my knowledge and before I knew it I was being yelled at for walking in the runway while slouching. It’s always too late because you always plan ahead.” That’s what I wished I would’ve said. But no, I didn’t do that. Instead I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“What do you mean, you don’t know?” she asked.

I raised my shoulders, “I. Don’t. Know.” I spelled it out for her, “Just… leave me out of this ok?”

Toty and Krissy looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was crazy and maybe I still am. I remember cleaning up that night with Toty and Krissy. It was full of cussing and angst, loads of angst. Then Krissy looked up and looked at me, “And you.”

I was so scared that she was going to bitch about not answering mom’s question, like as if my answer would’ve changed things. As I said, mom’s word is law. “What?” I asked innocently as I picked up a pizza from the carpet, it left a stain and those poor people who were going to buy this house, if anyone would actually dare do so - were going to suffer looking at that pizza shape stain, unless...... they changed the carpet.

She looked at me in eyes filled with sympathy, “Max, you don’t have to pretend that you don’t care. We know you do. You can just tell us how you are feeling anytime you want. We won’t laugh or anything – that’s what siblings are for.” She said.

I nodded, “Ok.”

“Oh look –“ Toty then stepped on a banana peel. His ass and the floor making friction – ouch, that must've hurt. And that theory was confirmed later by his yell. “Ow!” he held up the banana peel that now was resting on his ankle. “Stupid banana.”

My birthday wasn't mentioned after that discussion. Mom totally forgot!

Two days later

The three of us were seated at the back seat of a Silver Chevy Cheyenne that pulled up in front of our house minutes ago, coming along with a driver. Mom introduced us to Fin – he was our new driver and she also introduced us to this new silver car. First thought that came in my mind was; I wonder if the people who make these cars mix baby oil with the paint. Because it’s definitely unnaturally shiny.

Mom was seated on shotgun while Fin on obviously the drivers. And all our junk – is what mom referred to all our stuff - was carelessly tossed in the cars’ behind.

Toty was sour, Krissy not so much and me, I was starting to get high from the ‘new car’ scent, Fin and mom were making small talk about running out of gasoline and all that shit that I was getting bored of eavesdropping in. We slept most of the ride, all our ears were covered by earphones just to avoid any attempt of mom trying to give us a pep talk about how nice it will be in Arizona because seriously we didn’t want to hear it.

Five or six hours later, I woke up with numb fingertips and the blaring sun blinding my eyes.

“Guys wake up!” squealed Charlotte a.k.a our mother, “We’ve finally entered Arizona!”

And that is how Fish, Nick just glared at me because I forgot, I’m suppose to say Krissy. I mean… this is how this story started for Krissy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok... so if you think its lame tell me ok?
if you think its awesome...you should DEFINITELY tell me..

Comments, subscriptions and rating would
be much appreciated. :D

A Rocket To The Moon and The Maine will appear very, very soon!!!
Like maybe the next chapter?? yeah,.... hehehehe