The Other People

Good News

"Hey. It's a good thing I didn't call back."

"Why's that?"

"You were sleeping quite contendedly. Would you have heard the phone?"

"Probably not," he chuckled softly, sleepily. "Wait! How did you get in? Did I forget to lock the front door again? I mean, ja, it's you, but what if it had been some crazy stalker intent on ripping me to shreds?"

"Nein, nein. Yu gave me a spare key. Yu as in your guys' guitarist."

"Oh, danke gott."

"I can't stay long. We've gotta meet up with Tokio Hotel."

"But---"

"No buts, Shin. Please don't make this too hard."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I'll drive you back."

"Hello? Oh, hey, Matt. What's up?"

Shin's P.O.V.

"What do you mean? . . . You mean to tell me we came over three days too early? . . . How the Hell did that happen? . . . Fine. What about E.P.? . . . Oh, okay. . . Bye."

"What happened?"

She sighed. "Matt booked our flight three days early."

"Why?"

A grin covered her beautiful face as she replied to my question with a kiss. Her tongue parted my lips, and she placed her hand on the back of my neck, bringing me closer. When we separated, she smiled again.

"So we can have some alone time together."

Rachel's P.O.V.

He looked confused for a minute or two before it finally dawned. I nodded slowly; he attacked me with kisses until I was breathless, and even then, I kept going back for more.

"But what about Em---?"

"They're finishing up the last three shows of their Germany tour. Then we're gonna go three or four months throughout this whole area. England to Japen, Russia to India, then back to the United States."

"So you're leaving me again?"

"We're together but separated."

"I don't want to let you go."

"I know, and I don't want to leave, but I have to."

"I'll come visit."

"Really?"

"Ja. Plus, we'll probably end up in the same city once or twice."

"Your guys' tour doesn't start until we're in the U.S."

"Exactly."

"What? Oh, my God! You guys are doing an American tour?"

"Finally, yes, we are."

"That's great. I'm sure Christo would die to see you all live."

"Who's Christo?"

"Neil. His full name is Neil Christopher Thomas Young. He hates the name Neil, though, and Christopher, now that I think about it. So I call him Christo or Mercutio."

"I see."

I yawned, suddenly exhausted. "Let's go to sleep."

As I lay there, cuddling against my boyfriend, I thought about how we'd met, all that we'd gone through, and hopefully, what was to come.