Status: Finished.

Paranoid

Paranoid

Coming back home after a year can be called a mission accomplished, but when you return to a whole new home then you can doubt it being the end of the mission. Sometimes you can discover that it's not the way you imagined it or you may realize how much you miss the old home. The one where you grew up. The whole year I've been thinking about spending at least a minute in the familiar surroundings and with a comfortable bed. It's true that when you move somewhere else, even if that's for the case of your studies, you miss home. After a long year I've finally got the chance to come home for deserved holidays.

Once my dad took me home I realized I was not familiar with it. As my parents were chatting in the kitchen with their friends I decided to explore this new apartment. There were two bedrooms, a living room, two bathrooms... and another room? Surprised I went along the long corridor and at the end I found a wooden door. Not giving much thought to what the purpose of the room really was there for I entered the room. My jaw dropped when I saw the mess. Clothes scattered on the ground, weird dolls without faces or with button-like eyes, a bookshelf, desk with notebooks scattered on top of it and some random garbage here and there.

I walked further into the room, wondering, who could possibly leave such a mess in a room like this. Sure it was nice - if someone decided to clean the mess. I couldn't help but stared at everything. Something was crawling on the ground amongst the sea of clothes and I walked closer to see what that could be. I was too curious not to do that. I hovered over the pile of clothes trying to get a better view of what was lying amongst the clothes. An ear shattering scream escaped my throat as I found myself flying backwards as it lunged towards me. It wasn't long before my dad and my sister ran into the room. They didn't need to ask me what made me scream. My dad quickly stepped closer to the pile of the clothes and picked it up by it's long tail. A snake. By the looks of it...if it bit me I could as well die in agony!
My dad tossed it with a sigh into an aquarium, which I didn't notice until now. (There was also) a crab and gold fish. I looked over at my sister, who giggled.

"It always escapes. I only sleep here, so..." she shrugged her shoulders and was about to go out the room when I grabbed her wrist.

"Are you fucking nuts?!" I exclaimed, "Keeping a fucking snake, which escapes when it wants?! What if it crawls onto your bed and bites you and then we find you dead in the morning!" She frowned at me and patted my back as if she wanted to comfort me, but it didn't quite work as she burst out laughing at me getting so mad at this.

"Chill out! Then you'd be dead as well!" she beamed and walked out the room, shaking her head like I was nuts and not her. Keeping a snake at home... I looked at my dad, who shrugged his shoulders and we decided to leave the room. I didn't want to spend another minute in the room. That I knew for sure. It was getting creepy as it was already after the sun set and everything in the room looked like it was mocking me...
However, before I left the room something caught my eye in the aquarium. My eyebrows went up in confusion and I called for my dad to come back for a second.

"What happened now, Ann?" he said in a tired voice.

"Since when does she have a lobster?" I pointed to the aquarium aquarium where in the corner sat something which resembled a lobster, with eyes bright yellow in the growing darkness. I looked at my dad again, who shrugged.

"Probably got here through the window." my face went blank when he said that. Did he mean that they were just...walking in whenever they wanted? It sure as hell was not a home that I imagined. I could at least be happy to have my own room for only myself and no weird looking animals. When I glanced at the aquarium I noticed the lobster getting out of the aquarium and I called my dad again, who this time looked annoyed.

"It's just leaving, don't worry about that." this time he waited for me to follow him, but when my eyes looked at the lobster again it was by the window and it was not a lobster. The creature had a shell like a turtle, but looked like a rabbit. "See? It's leaving." I stared at the animal as it tried to open the window. I quickly reached the other end of the room and took a closer look at the animal. The shell was attached and so I took it off, pulling on the ribbon from around the animal. A rabbit? It had grey fur and looked almost as any other rabbit...but the eyes were button like and black. After a moment I realized that it had seams like a toy. I stared at it dumbfounded wondering if I there was something wrong with me.
"Oh, look!" our neighbor walked into the room suddenly with a big smile on her face as she spotted me by the window with the rabbit. "It's so cute! But, Ann," she looked at me with a slightly serious look on her face, but still with the smile. "If you want to keep it, remember that monkeys are not that easy to take care off."

"Monkey? It's a rabbit!" I exclaimed taking the animal into my arms and headed out the door to the living room.

After at least two hours later I was watching the TV with my new animal which was a rabbit to me and for some odd reason a monkey to others. I was sick of my mom calling from the kitchen to keep an eye on it if it tried to eat the furniture. At this point I hoped to come back to England and instead of starting to think that I was going nuts, I could only wish I could find a way to go back in the past and stay for a longer time there.

My mobile phone rung just when I was wondering how it would be to spend time with my friends in England. I answered it without checking the ID.
"Hello?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"Hello?" a male voice on the other line asked and I frowned. "Whose this?"

"What? No, whose there?" I asked as the guy on the other line seemed to not know who he was calling. I looked at the ID and found out it was an unknown number. "I'm not talking to you unless you tell me who the heck you are...." I said with a frown.

"Um..alright." the guy mumbled. I could hear some other voices on the other line, all male. "It's Gerard Way."

"Hah. Sure. Well, I'm Anna." I sighed and waited for the man, who claimed to be Gerard Way to continue, but all I could hear on the other line were some voices and something I couldn't quite decide what it was.. Then everything calmed down on the other line and I looked around the room to find the rabbit biting the cushion.

"Mom! That rabbit's eating your cushions!" I yelled not even thinking that I still had my mobile phone anywhere near my face. My mom screamed back to stop it from doing so, but she didn't sound like she really cared. Suddenly I heard a scream on the other line and another voice spoke.
"Give it back!" the other male voice yelled and I stared at the rabbit in shock. Was that guy talking about the animal? How come?

"Give back what?"

"My rabbit!" the man exclaimed and I narrowed my eyes. Why is some stranger yelling at me?

"I won't talk to strangers! And I won't give the rabbit to anyone!"

"Doesn't matter! I'll find you and get my rabbit back!" I stared blankly at the rabbit and started to wonder how it was possible for the man to find me and how could he possibly find me.

"Listen,Mr Rabbit,-"

"It's Frank..." he replied in an annoyed voice. "I mean it. I'll find you. And I know exactly where you are right now."

"Yeah, sure. And I'm a saint." I laughed.

"On the couch, in front of the TV." I raised my eyebrows and wondered how he knew that, but then again...anybody could be sitting in front of TV on the couch at an hour like that.

"Right." I cleared my throat. "So, how do you know that Frank?" I could hear the laugh on the other line.

"Just give the rabbit back and no one gets hurt."

"What?" I whispered, gaping at the phone.

"You have a funny face there...you know?" I looked around the room and bit my lip. I felt so paranoid and I didn't know what to say. "So...?"

"A-Alright?" I asked and could hear the relief on the other line. "Where?"

"We have a concert in London-"

"Concert!" my eyes widened and a smirk crept onto my face. I didn't quite believe the man, but...if he really was Frank and the other one was Gerard then what if I could demand free tickets? If they really wanted the rabbit then I would get what I wanted. And I would leave here in for a couple of days... "I want a free ticket and a truck of chocolate!"

"A truck of chocolate?" Frank groaned and after a moment he agreed. A truck of chocolate seemed like a good price for a rabbit. But how the hell did it appear in my sister room?

The next day I caught a flight to London and got the time to get to my rented apartment before going to the concert. Of course I was late. Very late. At least two hours and when I walked inside the venue I could see some orange and red flames bursting on stage and only Frank Iero and Bob Bryar playing, but the rest of the band was gone. It was not long before I spotted the remaining three and my jaw dropped at the sight. Gerard Way, Mikey Way and Ray Toro were on some metal construction on the side of the stage and around them people were dancing modern jazz. My face went blank at the sight and I stopped myself from asking if that was how the concert of My Chemical Romance looked like. I would get killed if I asked that. I was sure.

After another thirty-something minutes of the performance it ended and after another couple of minutes the audience was leaving the venue. When I was the only one left I realized how dead silent the venue became. I started walking in the direction of the stage, holding tightly onto the rabbit as if it was about to save my life. I started to feel so paranoid, looking around like someone was about to jump out and kill me. I was not ready to die. Nope. When I was sure that someone played a joke on me and I was about to leave I heard the voice behind me.
"Where's the rabbit?" I spun around to see Frank jumping off the stage and looking at me with narrow eyes.

"I...uh..." I looked down at the rabbit and raised it higher so he could see it. "It doesn't look like a monkey, right?"

"Duh," he went up to me and took the rabbit, hugging it to himself. "It's a rabbit."
I raised my eyebrows as he was grinning at the rabbit. It was then that I realized it was not moving, but Frank seemed not to notice it.

"Oh my God!!! It's dead!" I screamed and backed away a little, fearing that if Frank realized it he would blame it on me and actually try to get a revenge.
However, he looked up at me with a confused stare as I stared horrified at him still hugging it.

"You know, it's just a toy. And I don't know how you took it, but if that happens again-"

"You got the rabbit!" Mikey jumped out of nowhere, grinning at Frank. "The GPS is working great, huh?"

"You put a GPS inside (of) the rabbit?!" I exclaimed eying them with wide eyes. "Are you nuts?"
Mikey looked at me blankly and then at Frank, who shrugged his shoulders.

"It's a toy?" Frank raised his eyebrows at me. "We put the GPS inside and camcorders instead of the eyes...?"
It was my turn to look at them blankly.

"First, I thought it was a lobster, then I found it was a rabbit with a turtle’s shell and then my neighbor said it was a monkey-"

"Are you sure she's sane?" Mikey mumbled as they stared at me a little scared.

"Of course I am!" I exclaimed. I looked at the rabbit and then back at them again. "I'm...I can't stand this! I can't believe this!" I turned on my heels and decided it was better to leave the place before they called someone to get me... They must have thought I was insane, but how should I explain it that I've found the rabbit or whatever it was at my home in another country? Maybe there was really something wrong with me?