Lullaby, You

Moonlight Sonata

The beginning chord of Moonlight Sonata plays. My fingers run themselves across the grand piano. I close my eyes as the music runs through me. In my hand the lyrics I made up for this master piece dance: an enchanting and mellow chant for the beginnings of this lullaby. It all takes control of me and I can’t help but sing softly.
“Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Rest your eyes. Rest your eyes. Fall asleep. Fall asleep…” In my head I hear his voice singing with me. Our imperfect voices blend together in perfect harmony.
Thinking about him makes my heart ache. I miss him. His beautiful face flashes in my mind. Inside my head, we’re dancing to the music which I keep playing over and over again. It’s our song. But why isn’t he here playing beside me? Why am I alone?
I slowly open my eyes, just a little. I see car lights coming towards me. I open my eyes more as the car lights grow brighter and I hear yelling. My eyes are open and I’m watching us in our car. We’re about to get hit on the right side by another car that’s going to fast. The music turns to its darkest part.
He tries to turn the wheel. He’s too late. The other car smashes into us. I feel nothing as I watch the scene play out in front of me and I continue to play the piano. I’m in the car with him, yet I’m over looking us and playing our song at the same time.
He’s crying now. He pulls me out of the once known car. He’s holding me, rocking back and forth, crying. His mouth is by my ear, whispering, “I’m sorry.” He refuses to let me go when the paramedics arrive. I see his mouth move again and he’s begging, “Can I ride with her, please?” They tell him that he can, but he must get on the stretcher.
That’s when I notice that his arm isn’t right. He’s not using his arm to hold me. I know his collar bone is officially out of place. It’s my entire fault. He’s in so much pain and I’m just lying there not comforting him.
The scene fades all but for the other me lying there. A spotlight is focused on the other me. I look harder, as I continue to endlessly play the piano. There’s blood. My other face is grimaced in pain, but I feel nothing. Then I feel something…warm.
I stop playing and touch the side of my face. I look at my hand. It’s blood. My hand is covered in my own blood and I still feel nothing. I blankly stare at my hand.
After a moment, I go back to playing our song, Moonlight Sonata from the beginning. I know why he’s not playing with me, now. He’s not stuck dreaming like I am. He’s awake. I’m sleeping. I remember, now. I’m in a coma.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is based on some ideas and events that have happened between Dimitri and I. (see my journals) It's mostly made up though, so no need to freak. If you have any suggestions let me know. Oh, and anyone know any classical music or music that is mostly piano, please send it to me.
Love always, pUpPi_LuV