Lullaby, You

The After Party

A small recap of what happened at the party thus far. I was with Skye at her cousin’s Keith birthday party. I met Keith’s hot friend, Cato. Skye told me she “realized’ she likes Cato, and then she grabbed his stuff while he was on a pogo stick. From this point on is the rest of the day.
We’re in the basement which connects to the garage. It’s me, Skye, Keith, and Cato. There are mix match couch and chairs surrounding a “coffee table”. It all faces the wall that has a “T.V”, radio, and refrigerator. Keith is sitting on the chair next to the radio, playing with his cell phone. Cato is on the “recliner” that’s next to the bumpy couch. Skye is sitting down, shaking her leg, and avoiding looking in Cato’s direction.
I feel like being a bother once Keith gets up to leave to do something. I get up from the couch and stand in front of Cato. I playfully kick his foot.
“Get up.” I tell him, smirking. He looks at me with a funny look. He’s a goofball by nature.
“No. I don’t want to.”
“Come on, please.”
“No.” He dragged it out like a toddler.
“Get up or I’ll sit on you.” I inch closer.
“No, you won’t.” Does he have any idea how serious I am?
“Want to bet?” I’m about to sit down on him when he jumps up and slides into the couch.
“Thank you.” I smirk. This is so out of character for me. I’m not usually this bold with a guy.
“Cato, move.” Skye (finally) looks at him with a glare. Poor guy, we girls are bossing him around. He growls at Skye and I get the feeling that he doesn’t like her at all like the way she “likes” him.
“Skye, leave the poor guy alone. It's bad enough that you raped him.” I’m so mean. Cato’s eyes go wide at the thought of earlier today. He jumps to the chair Keith one was in. A few moments pass and Skye and I are talking about random stuff. I’m glancing at Cato constantly and I see him playing with his cell. I should get his number before Skye does. I take out my phone and hand it to Cato.
“What.” He looks at me then my cell and back again.
“Put your number in it. I want to call you sometime.” I say and feeling a slight blush come up. Skye pulls out her half-a-cell phone (it’s half the size of mine). She wouldn’t dare do what I think she’s about to do. Would she?
“Yeah, give me your number, too.” If she wasn’t my best friend/might as well be sister I’d tackle her to the ground. Although that doesn’t mean that I’m not fighting the urge to do so at the moment. I want Cato, so Skye needs to back off. I mean she’s already fondled his goods, isn’t that enough?
* * *
I wipe away a single tear as the projector turns off and my memories are no longer on the screen. I smile thinking back to that day. Cato and I met for the first time. We never knew that we’d be together for years after that day.
I remember that when Cato left he gave me a hug (he smelled so good). Skye and I eventually went back to her house and argued who should go after him. Then that same night Cato called me. I told him to call me the next day since Skye was sending me death glares.
When Cato and I did talk the next day we learned that we share a birthday (he’s exactly a year older), are in the same grade, and that he lives with his dad and comes to town every other week to see his mom. Then he did it. He asked me out to the movies.
I can’t help but laugh remembering that night. We watched a PG comedy which he made even funnier by making fun of the movie. I believe we went on a laser tag date after that one, and after a few months of dating we were official.
I stop thinking and go back to the piano. I begin playing the T.V theme song of the show I was watching when I asked him to be my boyfriend. I want to go back to when things we’re easy to understand.
Cato.
♠ ♠ ♠
See I told you that I'd have the third chapter up tonight. Well the next chapter will be out in a few days, once my finals at school are over.