Status: Hiatus, Kind of. : (

Dancing Is My Inspiration

Traitors Left And Right

*Arianna’s P.O.V.

I sat on my bed relaxing and listening to my iPod as my phone went off. I got up and walked over to it, picking it up and looking at the caller ID which read Devon. I took a deep breath in order to prepare myself for what I was about to tell him. Nick and I had spoken about it while we were dancing yesterday, and we both had agreed I had to tell him I was back in town, and that I had gotten taken out from the crew. He needed to know. I picked up the phone, and I heard my older brother’s deep and masculine voice.

“Arianna?” He asked.

“Hey big bro.” I said, feeling relaxed and nervous at hearing his voice. There were totally different ways that it could go. I could only pray for the best, although I would definitely get quite a good verbal beat down for not telling him for this long.

“How’s sunny California?” He said, brightly.

“I wouldn’t know.”

“What does that mean? Arianna, is there something I don’t know?”

“Yes, there is. And I want you to know that I was going to tell you. Consider it a surprise! I’m back in New York City, dad went on a business trip and I’ve been staying with Jenn and her mom! Ta-da! Surprise!” I said with as chipper attitude as possible.

“I’m coming to get you.” Was his only response.

“Wait! There’s more! I went to go see the crew, and they destroyed me, totally. Even Scott, Trent, Eric, and Darren totally dissed me. I mean yes I expected Nadine to be Nadine, but even Dorinda was cruel. It was so bad, I even broke down and cried, but thank goodness Leighton showed up with a few friends of hers from L.A.”

“Leighton’s back? Wait, you know what, I have to go Arianna. I’m going to call you tonight and we’re going to talk about this, and dad. You’re not going back there this time; I can take care of it now.” He said and hung up before I could say anything else to him.

I just looked around the room in shock. He hadn’t gotten mad or angry, he just wanted me to stay, and the whole time I was worried about whether he was going to mad at me. My first instinct was to call Nick and tell him how well it had gone, and then I realized he probably wouldn’t want to speak to me after last night. After we had kissed, the first thing I did was tell him that I couldn’t do this, and maybe when things were different we could. And I continued to make is worse by saying that I just wanted to be friends.

I don’t think I could have messed that up any worse. It was so unbelievably unlike me. I mean granted I never had the best talking skills, but come on! He was probably unbelievably upset with me, and I felt terrible about it. So instead of calling Nick I did the next best thing, call Leighton.

“Hey Arianna, what’s up?” Leighton spoke happily.

“Is Nick okay?”

“What do you mean?”

“We kissed last night, but I turned him down. And I feel so bad about it Leighton! And the worst part is that I did it so awkwardly. I totally could have worded it so much better!” I told her.

“I don’t know Ari, he seems fine, actually kind of happy. Maybe he’s trying to cover it up, I’ll call you back later Arianna.”

“But I ju-” I began, but she hung up before I finished. “Figures.”

No one wanted to talk to me, or they just didn’t have the time. I sat on my bed and sighed, I had nothing to do today. Jenn and her mother had to go to a family reunion. Of course I was invited, but I didn’t want to intrude, I wasn’t part of the family, just a friend in need of a bit of help. As usual.

I got up and made myself a little bit of breakfast when I heard a light knock on the door. I jumped quite a bit at the noise, but I walked to the door and opened it. Who in the world would be knocking at the door right now? I wasn’t expecting anyone. Maybe Jenn or her mom was? My eyes opened wide at who was standing at my door, I was definitely not expecting that.

*Dorinda’s P.O.V.

I walked over to the cardboard mat where everyone was sitting and waiting patiently for me to talk. I had called a meeting this early on a Saturday morning for a reason, and each and every single one of them knew it. I never called random meetings without a reason. Everything I had been working towards, becoming leader of this crew, gaining all of their loyalty, making them realize Arianna was not helping anyone, was just about to be thrown out the window.

I just had to keep thinking that it was worth it, and I wouldn’t give up as the leader of the crew without a fight, but I needed her help. She was the most talented dancer I knew, and I couldn’t do this with any of these bimbos as a dancing partner. I needed someone beyond talented, and there was no way I could find someone in such a short amount of time.

“So you all have probably realized I’ve got the conditions to be entered in this year’s crew competition. We need a double-double dance. A.K.A. two couples dancing and of course I will be dancing as one-half of one of the couples. Now we need another couple, plus my partner. And I’ve chosen Trent to be my partner, and I think you all know what I’m thinking now.” I said. “The question is who is willing to do it for the sake of the crew.”

“I’ll do it.” Ryan said, standing up and looking me directly in the eye.

“Are you sure?”

“I said that I would do it.” He growled.

“Who’s your partner?” I asked, hoping he got what I meant.

“I’ll get her now, we can practice together. Meeting over, everyone can go home.”

“Thanks Ryan, you’re doing the crew a big favor.” I whispered in his ear.

“Just go.” He said, tersely.

I walked away as Nadine’s arm linked with mine, while she smirked. We both knew we would have to bribe Arianna to dance with us, and in the process to take her down. We may have been close while she was here, but she left, and never called. There was no way she could just show up and expect everything to be the same as the way she left it. The rules have changed, and the players are different.

*Arianna’s P.O.V.

“Uh, hi Ryan. What are you doing here?” I asked, peeking my head out of the door frame, and looking both ways for the rest of the crew or someone else to be here.

“They’re not here.” He said blandly, answering my unasked question. “Can you come with me? To dance?”

“Sure, one second.” I said and slipped on a pair of converse. I walked outside with him and we began walking, I knew exactly where we were going. It made my stomach tingle a little bit with butterflies, we were going to the place where the two of us danced together for the first time. And right next to it, was a bench, a green one, where we had our first kiss together. And a while after that, that bench was the place where we first told each other that we loved each other. It was also the place where I told him that I was leaving to go to L.A. This place had so many memories for the two of us, and it made me beyond nervous that we were going back there.

Sitting on the bench was Scott, holding a CD player. He placed it on the bench and gave me a look, almost sorry, but not quite. He stiffly gave the two of us a nod and walked away. My heart still felt broken from that night he hadn’t stood up for me, he was supposed to be my second big brother. So much for that thought. I turned to look at Ryan who was raising the volume, to a song I immediately recognized. Bounce! By The Cab, I used to listen to it right before I left for L.A. I stepped towards Ryan just as he stepped towards me.

The Lips that slip, are the lips that press
And the lips that leak seem to know you best

We put our hands together and danced, like I had never left his arms in the first place. It was two pieces to one note, that’s played in every song all over the world. Our bodies moved in sync together as we danced, we could follow each other with no problem, we knew each other that well. And everything just felt so right, like everything had fallen directly into the correct place.

Liars turn me on.

He lifted me into the air and it felt like I was on top of the world with just him. No one else was there, we weren’t in Central Park, just a place up high where it was just the two of us. There were no people looking at us, smiling, no. Just me and the boy I had been missing more than anything in the world. It had killed me to watch him desert me that one night, but this connection I felt now, was stronger than anything I had ever felt.

Bounce bounce baby, bounce back to me
You don’t need me.
Bounce bounce baby, bounce back to me
You don’t need me.
This is it, call it quits, with honesty


Our bodies got gradually closer and closer until I could feel his breath on my face, and I felt the adrenaline rushing through me. I felt his arms wrap themselves around my waist and I instinctively rolled the top half of my body backwards and then snapped back up. It was like music and rhythm moving together in perfect harmony, something which no one could understand except for the people feeling it. I felt his lips lean towards mine, when the music halted and I saw Dorinda standing there with Joe. The shock ran through me as I stepped back from Ryan unsteadily.

“So is she going to do it?” Dorinda asked Ryan, while I looked at Joe. Why was he with her? What in the world is going on here? I could only feel like something bad was about to happen. And being honest, I already didn’t like how this was going.

“Do what?” I asked, turning to Ryan.

“The double’s dance so we could be in the competition. Duh. That’s what I asked him to do.” She said rolling her eyes.

“So that’s what this was about?” I asked, walking up to Ryan, the tears welling up in my eyes. “You didn’t want to get to know me better, forgive me. You were just using me?”

“Arianna.” He began, but I cut him off by slapping him.

“I can’t believe you.” I hissed, and then turned to Joe. “What are you doing with her Joe?”

“Well, we met in Starbucks, and I got to know her. And I sort of like her, look Ari, she’s really not as bad as you think. You just have to get to kn-” He said, trying to plead his case.

“Traitor.” It was the word I could say, and I walked fiercely away. I felt Ryan’s arm grab mine and all I did was turn to him and give him the most hate filled look I had ever given anyone in my entire life. “Get your hands off of me. I don’t ever want to see your face again.”

I walked, and walked, and walked until I couldn’t walk anymore. The anger and pain beating inside weren’t faded, only becoming more intense as the seconds went by. I finally ended up at the dance academy. The woman didn’t have any classes today so I went there, only to see Nick sitting on the steps staring at his feet. He heard me approach and stood up to look at me, sincerely, as if he was sorry for something.

“Nick?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here’s part 7 and thank you to the people who commented for this update!!! (The song Bounce! By The Cab is a big deal for this part, so listen to it so you can get the feel of it.) Please comment and subscribe!

~dancerbabe365