Changing Moments

Chapter 12

Allie's POV.

I couldn't help that my heart was pounding out of my chest, I couldn't help but to melt into David's arms as we walked, and I could not tell myself anymore that I didn't like this guy. I had many arguments with my conscious saying there was no way I could like a guy like him. But the truth is, how can I not like a guy like him? Even though I don't act shy around him anymore doesn't mean that I'm not freaking out inside my head. Those eyes still capture me and take my ability to move away.

I just wish I could be more like Lauren. She was much prettier, and an expert flirt. I know she will have David at her fingertips in no time, which was more like tonight. I wish he would notice me like that, all I am to him is a "portable heater".

--

After David cooked us some kraft dinner he pulled out his guitar to play for us.

" So, do you guys know how to play one of these?"

" No, I'd love to learn though." Lauren said taking a seat on the bed next to David.

" I'm not a very good teacher but I'll try my hardest." He passed over his guitar to Lauren.

" Now put your hands here." I sat there watching him take her hands and place them gently on the strings of the guitar.

" Here?"

Oh come on, she just did the lamest move in the whole book! Here my ass, she let her hands fall to the wrong position on purpose. And of course David took her hands once again and put them back up there. Ugh, this will go on forever. I crawled onto the other bed for a little nap, even though it was already like 9:30pm.

David's POV.

I watched as Allie lay down in the other bed, which was actually mine. I thought I should let her rest as I spent some time with Lauren.

" You're pretty strong, did you know that? I mean look at those pipes!" Lauren laughed as she held onto my arm.

" What can I say? I work out. Now get your hand back on that guitar!" This was about the forth time she got distracted.

" What if I want them somewhere else?"

I could go along with this but I just can't. Not until I know Allie for sure doesn't have feelings for me. I still need to get things figured out without hurting anyone.

" I bet you'd like that, but for now keep'em on the guitar."

She yawned silently.

" Actually I might head back to my apartment, I should wake up Al."

" How about you let her rest, either Mike or I would bring her over later."

" Oh alright, I'm beat anyways so I can't really wait for her. Thanks for the lesson, bye David." She gave me a quick hug before walking out the door.

I ran a hand through my hair, Allie looked so peaceful sleeping like that I just couldn't get myself to wake her.

Allie's POV.

I woke up and found I wasn't at Laurens. I was lying in the dark with only the light of the TV flickering now and then. I took in a quick breath and that familiar sent flooded my lungs, I looked to my side and there was David lying beside me with the remote in hand.

" What are you doing?" I asked.

" There's nothing good on and--- AL! You're awake!" He turned on his side so he could face me.

" Um yeah, what time is it anyways?"

" About 12:30am."

" Where did Lauren go?"

" She went home, I'll walk you back later if you want. Or if you want to leave now it's cool."

" Do you mind if I stay here for a bit more? I was comfy."

" Sure, it's no problem. I barely got to talk to you at all today, anything new going on?"

" Same old, same old. What about you?"

" Idol's putting a beating on me, but I'm dealing."

" Is music the only thing you're interested in?"

He paused for a minute like he was thinking of what to say.

" No. I'm interested in other.... things."

" Like what?"

" Stuff, maybe even some things in this room. Just stuff." He gave me a smirk.

Did he just imply that he was interested in me? Maybe I just took that the wrong way, or maybe not.

" I see, I'm interested in that kinda stuff too."

That was all I could say, I hope he got the message.