Changing Moments

Chapter 15

David's POV.

No way did that just happen. I literally just pinched myself. Yup, it just happened. Wow I finally told her how I feel, not like the way I planned but I couldn't have asked for anything else. I had to stick out the rest of the show until I saw Allie after wards. The only problem was we were going to hang out with Lauren and Mike too, I just wanted to be alone with her. Come on Cook, you got the girl just have fun tonight. I told myself as I sat back and watched the remaining performances.

It was in the middle of Jason Castro's song that I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, expecting it to be Allie I quickly flipped it open. It was Lauren, hm unexpected.

Hey Dave, hot performance BTW. But I wanted to ask you something, you busy?

To be honest I forgot I even gave Lauren my number, actually she "asked" for it. Ha! More like begged.

Thanks, and yeah sure ask away I'm not busy.

A few seconds later the phone buzzed.

Okay well I was going to wait but.... do you want to go out?

Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit I smacked myself in the face. How in hell am I going to reply to that?! I can't just reject her with no reason. And I can't say she's not my type because we both know she is, and I can't tell her I'm going out with Allie since like a couple minutes ago. Fuck! I'm in trouble.

I sent a text, but not to Lauren. I sent on to Allie before I would reply to Lauren.

Allie, help me. Lauren just asked me out by text.

WHAT?! Is this a joke?

No. I'm dead serious.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck. She's right beside me, should I say anything. Wait! What did you say to her?

Nothing yet. I had to talk to you. I'm in huge trouble.

I really don't know what to do David.......

]Ugh me either! Should I reply?

It's up to you....

Are you okay?

I was getting a little worried, she wasn't replying and those periods after every sentence wasn't her. There was one more guy to perform so I guess I would just have to wait until the show was over. Just to make sure she got my text I re-sent it. Hopefully she won't get annoyed over that. I thought once I hit send.

Can I talk to you? In person.....She finally replied

Of course. Same place, watch out for Mike.

I went into my dressing room avoiding Michael on the way and waited for Allie to come in. I sat on my couch racking my brain until she slowly opened the door.

" So what do we do?" I asked her as she took a seat next to me.

She let out a loud sigh.

" David it's best if you just go out with her. I've seen her hurt enough times back home, it's to hard to live with."

I scanned her face for any trace of sarcasm, there was none. Shit what just happened there.

" What?! Allie no, I like you remember?"

" Yeah, and you also like her... I can tell."

" No, you've got this all wrong. I want you, I asked you, and you said yes. If I wanted her I would've went right up to her, but I didn't. So please don't make me do this."

" I never said I wanted you to, I said it was best. You would probably like her better, she doesn't take things slowly... not one bit. Trust me, I've walked in on her."

" Is that what you think? Yes I am a guy but not all guys are pigs and think of sex all the time. That's not why I asked you out if that's what you thought. If I was all for that believe me I would've gotten to you faster than I did." I laughed trying to break the enormous tension that was hanging in the room right now.

To my surprise she laughed along.

" Well that's good to know. So I take back what I said, don't go out with her. I'd kill you." She came right up beside me and punched my arm thinking it hurt, it really didn't.

" Ouch, easy there Al you're going to leave a bruise.

" Good! Ha, so you'll think of something to say when the time comes?"

" Yeah I guess that sounds good. Hug?" I opened my arms up for her, she leaned in like she was going to hug me back.

" Hm, I was thinking a little more along the lines of....."

Oh shit was I ready for this? I thought for a moment.

Hell yes! If she feels comfortable already to kiss me then there's no way I'm arguing with that. I wrapped my arms around her small waist and pulled her close, our lips were only centimeters apart when my dressing room door flew open.

" There you guys are!!!" Lauren skipped in. Thank god it wasn't Michael, he would have suspected something.

" Oh hey, is the show over?" Allie was already about half way across the room. I had to laugh, she jumped about 6 feet in the air when Lauren came in.

" Mmhmm, and um do you mind if I talk with David alone for a sec?"

" Actuallyyy, he was just coming with me... to um uh.." She looked at me with panic in her eyes.

" The store. Right Allie? For your umm....." I didn't know what else to say.

" Mom! My mom, yeah it's her birthday soon. He's helping me pick out a present."

" Well I can help too?"

" No! Wait I mean you can't. David would know what she likes."

" I've known your mom for years though Al."

" Yeah but I pick out good things for... moms?" I looked at Allie, her lip was quivering like she was about to burst out laughing any minute.

" Okay whatever guys I'll hang with Mike. But David I need to talk to you, reply to my text."

" Yeah we'll talk later, my phone died by the way so.. later."

" K." Finally Lauren walked out.

---

" What the HELL Dave????!! I pick good things for moms. You idiot!" She was in hysterics now, leaning against the wall for support.

" Hey, hey now. I had to think on the spot. Is it really your moms birthday though?"

" Yes, it really is."

Again, I hate interruptions but we will finish what was about to happen later. I'll make sure of it, but for now I guess we're going shopping...... for mom?
♠ ♠ ♠
So?.............What do you think?