Changing Moments

Chapter 16

Allie's POV.

So that night David and I headed out to hit all the stores we could walk to, to find a present for my mom. Her birthday was the next day so David, Michael, Lauren and I pitched in to fly my parents and little sister out for the day. We were all going to go to Lauren's to throw a huge party, her apartment was huge! Then we were all going to catch a ride with the guys to watch the results show.

" Does your mom like soap?" David asked as we walked into our first store.

" That's pretty much telling her she's dirty and smells. No thanks."

" Oh, well my mom must hate me. That's been her present since I was five!" I watched him take the palm of his hand and smack himself in the face.

" And you call yourself the master of mom presents?"

" I can't even believe I said that! I bet that will leak into the media and I'll be getting calls from mothers all over the world."

" I'd pay to see that!"

We looked at each other for a moment then broke out into full laughter. There was nothing in the store that my mom would really like so we continued on down the street to the remaining stores.

" So your family? Are you close to them?"

" Oh we're so tight, I love them so much."

" Same with my family, I don't know what I'd do without them. You said your little sister is coming, how old is she?"

" Three, she's adorable, but completely nuts."

" Aww, I bet you were the exact same though."

" I bet your right."

The next store we turned into was filled with so called "mom" stuff. We paced back and forth around the store until we both came to a pink basket filled with all sorts of stuff such as a bouquet of flowers, different kinds of candies, and to David's pleasure there was some fancy soap.

" Now that's what I call a perfect gift." I said laughing as we thanked the cashier and left.

" We make a good team, high five!"

I reached up to give him a high five but instead of pulling away David kept my hand in his and intertwined our fingers together. His hand was so warm that it just sent sparks everywhere through my body, I've never had a feeling like this before but I loved it.

" Just to make sure I will get this right. What's your mom,dad, and sisters names?"

" My mom is Kate, my dad is Jason, and my sister is Callie"

" Allie, Callie?"

" My mom is a freak with rhyming names."

" I think they're cute."

"Hm thanks." I sighed as I rested my head on David's shoulder as we walked down the street.

" By the way, should we tell your parents we're a couple?" He asked me.

" Well ever since the last one they've started to get a bit.... protective. So for your own good let's just wait."

" Uh oh, are they going to hurt me if they find out?" David laughed.

" No, I can tell they will like you."

" That's a relief." He pretended to wipe some sweat off his forehead.

David's POV.

It was so nice just walking with Allie, it seemed like we were the only people on the street. I was excited and nervous to meet her family. Sure they will think I'm tagging along with Michael and stuff but I plan on making a good impression, I want them to approve.

When we got back Lauren was waiting in her car to drive Allie home, I let go of her hand quickly before Lauren saw me. I did not want her to come ask me out right here.

" I'll see ya tomorrow at 1pm?" She asked me.

" You know it. Bye Al."

" Cy ah Dave!"

After she drove away I headed upstairs to get ready for bed. When I opened the door I was hit full force with a pillow.

" HA! I SAW YOU!" Michael said jumping up and down on the bed.

" Dude?! What the hell?"

" I SAW YOU AND ALLIE HOLDING HANDS! I WAS RIGHT! YOU DO LIKE HER!"

" Keep your voice down would ya?!"

" So I was right?"

I sighed in defeat.

" Yeah, you are."

" Are you two going out?"

" If I tell you we are can you promise not to tell ANYONE. We didn't want anybody to know."

" Sure I won't tell, but mate if you don't want anyone to know stop being all.... close. In public."

" Oh shut up we've only hugged."

" Well get to kissin' her then! I used to be friends with her old boyfriend and he told me things I really didn't need to know about Al, but you might be interested." He raised his eyebrow.

" She wants to take things slow, and no I don't need to know."

" Yes you do Cook so I don't care I'm telling you. Well he said that she is a quote " fantastic kisser", she loves to cuddle, and you will love this one... she thinks men with scruff are sexy."

" Mike, you didn't have to tell me that stuff."

" I said I didn't care. But your welcome."

He looked at me and smirked then shut off one of the lights and got in his bed. Good lord I have a day ahead of me tomorrow, Michael will be spying the whole day.