Changing Moments

Chapter 23

David's POV.

Dammit Dave. You blew it, blew it big time. I haven't gotten a reply from Allie in days. I bet I scared her off. I'm such an idiot! After bashing my head into my computer desk a couple times I thought it was best just to forget. Forget my feelings, forget our conversations, just forget all about her. I sat still trying to erase every possible memory I had stashed in my brain, it was no use. Sitting here trying to forget about her has my mind focused on thinking about her, fuck!

Okay forget. Think of something else. Oh? Did I mention... top 3? Hell ya! That's right, the bartender from Missouri has made it to the top 3. I couldn't believe it, so many people are much more talented that I am. It had me wondering if I really deserved this. I traveled to my home town just the other day and it was an indescribable moment. I saw all my friends and family, and just did a bunch of stuff I never thought I'd ever do. A radio show for example, that was cool. So no big deal or anything... I got my own day. David Cook day, ever heard of it? May 9th in Kanas City, mark it on your calendar! I glanced over at the clock reading 3:00pm. Hmm? 5 minutes without thinking about Allie, best time yet.

Here we go again, starting all over trying to keep her off my mind. I had an idea of what would occupy me so I headed down to find somewhere I could rehearse my three songs. Which were " The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face." by Roberta Flack, " Dare You To Move." by Switchfoot, and " I Don't Want To Miss A Thing." by Aerosmith. This will take a lot of work to get these sounding great.

--------------------------

After a long day I sighed; falling face down into my bed. God this career is exhausting, but the again it is so worth it. Feeling a vibration in my pocket I pulled out my phone. I immediately froze while my heart rate sped up.

How's it going? It was Allie. Maybe I was over reacting about before, there's a chance she didn't read the email.

Horrible. I haven't talked to you in a while, where have ya been?My fingers seemed to shake with each press of a button.

Around. Are you tired?

Um yeah, why would you think that?

Had a feeling I guess.... looks nice by the way. I had to read that more than once to figure out what she meant. I still had no idea.

Huh? What looks nice?

Your new haircut.

Oh? Thanks, so you've seen it on the shows I'm guessing.

Yes and no.
Again, what is she talking about?!

Allie.... English please haha.

Turn around. The definition of that would be "swing around: turn abruptly and face the other way, either physically or metaphorically." And I want physically.


I picked my head out of the blankets and saw her. Standing there with a huge smirk on her face; leaning against the door frame. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

---

Allie's POV.

I changed my mind instantly. Instead of replying to David's email I took the next flight out to LA, which happened to be the next day. I didn't tell anyone where I was going, it could wait until later. Right now all I needed was to see David and tell him I feel the exact same way. I loved him and I was sure of it. The flight was tiring but nothing could bring down all the excitement I was feeling right now.

Keep focused Allie, don't freak out now. The nerves started to catch up to me once I pulled up to his apartment building. Calm, calm. There's no need for him thinking your a freak right now. My legs seemed to hesitate each step I got closer to his door. I wondered if I should knock? Or just walk in and surprise him. David was always one for a good surprise so I slowly cracked the door opened. All my fears seemed to disappear when I saw his tired body sprawled out on the bed face down. Poor guy he must be asleep. I thought until I saw him move his head a little. I slipped my phone out of my pocket.

How's it goin'?I watched his arm move swiftly to his jeans pocket. He seemed to stare at my number before reading the message.

Horrible. I haven't talked to you in a while, where have ya been? He must have thought I didn't bother to email him back or something.

Around. Are you tired?I covered my mouth so a laugh wouldn't escape. Little did he know I was standing right here.

Um yeah, why would you think that? I wanted to say something right then and there but I thought I should tease him a little more.

Had a feeling I guess.... looks nice by the way. I swear I could see his face go all scrunched like he always did when he was confused.

Huh? What looks nice? I knew he was confused. He ran his hand through his hair, which was what I was talking about the whole time. I mean it was sexy!

Your new haircut.I leaned on the door frame; trying to avoid the creaking boards behind me.

Oh? Thanks, so you've seen it on the shows I'm guessing.You have no idea David.

Yes and no. This was priceless, he was so confused.

Allie.... English please haha.I heard the soft chuckle come him as I sent my last reply.

He turned around and looked at me with those eyes I've been dying to see all these weeks.

" Allie?" He spoke in barely a whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! This is my favorite chapter, so tell me what you think!! :)