I Don't Want You Back

History repeats it'self.

“Mm, Bill says he’s taking a vacation to Mexico! He wishes I could come.” Haylen said, looking sad.

I thought about it for a few seconds. Neither of us had jobs, since we just graduated. So getting time off work wouldn’t be a hassle at all. I still had the money from a few birthdays, Christmases, and my last job saved up. Haylen did too. We both needed a vacation, anyway. It had been 4 years since our last.

“Guess what Haylen!” I said, smiling. “We... are going to Mexico!” I began jumping onto the couch, and singing non-stop. Haylen stood completely still and silent for a few minutes, wondering if I was serious or not.

“Tom is going to be there, just fore-warning you.” She said, her eyes gone big.
“Well, whatever. That doesn’t matter. As soon as you tell Bill we’re both coming, Tom will probably “oh so suddenly” come down with the flu.” Haylen and I both laughed at that, because it was probably true.

Haylen began texting Bill back, her fingers moving all over her small keyboard. We both sat and waited for a reply. The phone buzzed a few minutes later, and we both screamed.

It was like we were 16 again. Having fun, screaming at things, being loud, obnoxious and immature. I liked how things used to be.

“He says...” Haylen made the “quoting” finger movements. “Oh, that’s great I can’t wait to see you girls. Tom is coming also, be sure to tell Hailey that. Georg and Gustav both say they are extremely excited also.” Haylen kept reading, writing down the time the plane is leaving at, which hotel we’re staying in and such. Haylen read the last part of the message. “We will call the hotel, and make sure you two have a room reservation, and we will also call the airport and but your plane tickets. No need to thank me. Love you, Bill. <3” Haylen screamed once again, and I laughed at her.

A new wave of happiness crashed over me, taking me in. I didn’t care Tom was going anymore. I was determined to find someone new in Mexico. Someone who wouldn’t fill me with lies, then leave me to be forgotten. Someone better than him; someone who cared for me, who listened to me, who wanted to know me better. I smiled at Haylen, and screamed with her.

I wondered if our neighbours heard us, and laughed harder.

We both skipped off to our rooms, and began packing. We were leaving tomorrow night!

“What should I bring!” I shrieked with happiness. “This, this, this, and this, these, and this.” I said, throwing some t – shirts onto my bed behind me. I looked at the shirts I had thrown onto the bed, and picked the top 6 I liked the most. I noticed one of them wasn’t my shirt. It was Tom’s.

I took a deep breath, and put it into my bag. Maybe I could use it to create conversation between Tom and I?

Wait.

I didn’t want to have conversation with him. He was over me, and I didn’t want to look like a complete tool, trying to better things between the two of us.

I threw it into my bag, anyway.

“So, what about you? What are you bringing?” I asked Haylen. Haylen was already sitting on top of her suitcase, beaming with happiness. “Oh, I’m done already. I brought a swimsuit or two, some jeans, shorts, and all that business.” She replied.

What a fast packer! I threw a few more things into my bag, and was finished. I’d pack my toothbrush and bathroom essentials later. I was going to need them for tonight and tomorrow, anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting better, ^^
Please read&comment.
It fuels my inspiration, haaha.