I Love You More Than Skittle Flavored Blood

Nothing But Yelling

"No, Dad, I won't do it!" I yelled at my father.

"Yes you will! It's your duty!" he yelled back, looking extremely angry.

"If it's my duty, then why are you planning it?" I retorted.

"Because, you are too young!"

'Yeah, right. Seventeen and I'm too young to think for myself. Dad treats me like a kid constantly,' I thought. "I'm seventeen, Dad! I got my fangs four years ago! I'm a man! I think it's wrong! I know it is!"

"No, you don't! I've had mine for twenty-six years! I know more about leading an army!"

"You might know more about leading, but I know more about what's right!" My throat was getting sore from yelling for the past ten minutes. Nothing but yelling and anger filled the air around us, besides the obvious disagreement.

"Where did you learn this right and wrong shit?" he bellowed, spitting a bit as he said "shit."

"I didn't need to learn it! It's common sense, something you severely lack," I spat. This was the longest argument to date between me and my father.

"It was school. I knew putting you in school was a bad idea, but your mother--"

"Well Mom's right!" I interrupted. "Sending me to school was the best thing for my future!"

"You won't have a future if you don't learn to lead! Fuck right and wrong! There's only power!"

"You disgust me! I'm not invading New Jersey!"

"Yes, you are! You're invading them and stealing all the Skittles from those filthy humans!!"

"You're such a racist! We're the same! We just have certain advantages!" I reasoned.

"It's those advantages that make us better than they are!"

"None of them even know we exist! The ones who do are called crazy!" I laughed a hollow laugh.

"Look, you'll do as I say! I'm the King of Vampires, and you're the King of Skittles! You're a vampire, making me your boss, and it's your duty to get as much Skittles as you can!!"

"So what? You may be my father, the King of Vampires, and a complete asshole but you are not the boss of me!"

"Yes, I am. Do as I say, or I'll rip out your fangs, and send you away from us, forever!"

Trapped. Without my fangs, I'd live a human life, not remembering what I was, or who I knew. Mom wouldn't be able to live long without me. I was the one to step in between her and Dad when he got abusive, even murderous. I had to stay for Mom. I had to do it.

I looked down at the floor and said, "Fine, I'll invade Jersey for the Skittles, but you still disgust me." I looked up in time to see the fist coming at my face...again.