Sixteen

Luke?!

I smiled as I refolded Vince's letter and placed it back in its evelope. I pulled the card-board box out from under my bed and dropped the letter inside along with all of my other letters and emails from Vince.
"Allie!"
I sighed. "What?"
"Luke's here!" my mom called back.
"Uhhh..I'll be there in a sec!"
Quickly, I shoved the box back under my bed and stood up. I dusted off the back of my mini-skirt and draped my golden hair over my left shoulder. I checked my reflection in the mirror. A tall, blue eyed, fifteen year old girl stared back at me.
"Allie!" another one of my mom's shouts found its way to me from down stairs.
"Coming!"
I ran around my bedroom, closing the closet door, stuffing things into drawers, and pushing my random junk aside. Finally, I fluffled the pillows on my bed and straightened a picture of Vince on the wall. Vince?!
"ALLYYYYSON!"
I jumped at the sound of another shriek. Salmming the door behind me, I raced downstairs and met my mom at the door.
"Here! Hi mom."
"Allie! Finally! Honey, Luke is here." My mom looked almost identical to me. Her golden blonde hair reached her shoulders and we shared the same smile. She pulled at the hem of my shirt and sraightened my skirt.
"Mom! Stop!" I turned to Luke. He grinned. The seventeen year old, wearing jeans and a long-sleeved-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, turned his head slightly to the right. His brown hair and floppy bangs shifted, they were right above his eyelashes. I almost fainted. "Wanna come down stairs?"
"Leave the door open!" Another annoying shout escaped my mother's mouth. I ignored her as I led the way back to my room.
"So...what're you doing here?" I asked awkwardly.
"Oh, nothing, just here to check up on you before your sweet sixteen party...." He replied casually. I was about to question his reply when he leaned against my nighttable, where I had casually placed a tube of pink lip-gloss. The force from the back of his leg sent the tube rolling across and off of the nighttable, and on to the floor. The soft clatter sent Luke to take a step foward. The tip of his converse gently nudged the tube as he reached down to retrieve the lip-gloss, and now it was headed straight for the box of emails and letters under the bed.
Before I could protest, he was on his hands and knees, his fingers searching for the tube.
"Almost got it...It's right next to this box....." He slid the box into view, and the gloss came rolling with it. I silently hoped he would pick up and return it before he asked about the-
"What's this? A box of love notes?" He looked up at me and instead of the sirious glare I feared for, a playfull grin and warming face looked back. I let out a sigh of relife.
"Uhh no, I'll tell you later, what were you saying?" I slid across the wood floor and blocked Luke's view to the box. I pushed the box back beneath the bed with my right foot. "Um, about the party?"
He stood, the lip-gloss in hand. "Well, I guess it was sopposed to be a surprise, I'm supposed to take you there in..." He checked his watch. "20 minutes. But untill then, maybe we could just hang around here?"
"Uh, sure." I searched my empty head for something cool to say. Instead, I blurted out the first thing that came into mind. "Could you put that on that dresser over there?" As soon as the words slipped out, I realized it was rude, defenetly not the way yo should treat a cute 11th grader who has practicly asked you to be his girlfriend.
"Uh-"
"Um-"
"Sure I-"
"Sorry..."
Instead of accidenly interupting with another word, Luke grinned again, and in one swift move placed the gloss on the wood dresser.
Don't look at the picture, don't look at the picture....
"Didn't know you had a brother..."
Damn.
I was ready to fake a laugh when I realized this wasn't a joke; his expression was concerned, and somewhat confused. Although, my pen-pal could pass for my brother, I guess. His dirty-blonde hair was similar to mine, but his smile was a different story. Vince had really noticeable dimples, but that just made him so cute....
"Cousin?" Luke took another guess.
"I'll explain everything on the way to my party. Let's go!" It had only been 5 minutes, but he shrugged and followed me to his brother's Hummer in the driveway.
"Mom, going to a party!"
I heard a large sigh emerge from her lungs. "Who's?"
"Mine," I replied as I climbed into the shiny black truck.
"Ready?"
For the party or for the exlplaining?
He turned the key and started the engine as a reply.
"Yup."
I buckled my seat belt.
Nope.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter....too wierd?
Comments are nice! :)