Therapy

Chapter Five

Camilla looked around the park as they arrived. The flowers had just bloomed; spring had officially began two days previously. Trees were starting to get their colored leaves back and the grass was getting greener and longer. She stuffed her tiny hands into the center pocket of her Xavier sweatshirt, then took a deep, encouraging breath as Alex led her to a boy and girl. The girl looked at her and smiled softly, then back to Alex.

Camilla gazed at him; in a mere twenty minutes, Alex had become depressed again, and that saddened her. But she couldn't be one to talk; they were in about the same condition. Alex's color was gone from his face and his eyes were glazed over as he greeted his friend.

She assumed he was Jack, the boy Alex had been talking about. She studied him. Jack had fresh blond streaks all about his dark brown hair, and he had a rather large nose. His eyes were a light shade of brown with a hint of green spots to go with. He was rather tall and wore tight jeans and simple black Keds with a studded belt wrapped loosely around his waist. He wore a Blink-182 shirt and dog-tag necklace. He was holding hands with the girl next to him.

"Camilla," Alex said quietly as he stood next to her. "This is Jack and his girlfriend Melissa. Guys, this is Camilla Sullivan." Suddenly Camilla felt everyone's eyes burning into the top of her head as she stared at her feet. She felt self-conscious and uncomfortable as there was a silence between the four teenagers.

"Nice to meet you," Melissa said with a soft smile. Then she looked up at Jack for help.

"Same here," Jack said quietly, then looked over at Alex. Jack knew Alex still wasn't over Peter, but he wanted his friend back. The band had fallen into a slump. Alex was obviously in the biggest slump, and Jack had almost fallen suit. He just wanted the old Alex back, but he knew he couldn't pressure his best friend.

Alex saw the look in Camilla's eyes; she really didn't want to be here at the moment. So he decided to save her the pain and speak up, "I think we're going to go back home. I have homework to do, and Camilla looks like she needs some rest. So - I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Melissa and Jack nodded softly, then looked at each other sadly. Melissa let a tear fall from her eye; just imagining the pain Camilla and Alex were feeling broke her heart. Jack pulled her into him, letting her lean her head on his shoulder.

Once Camilla and Alex arrived back home, Camilla trudged up the stairs sadly. Alex looked after her, his hands by his sides, his shoulders slumped a little. There was sadness in his eyes. He followed her cautiously, then watched as she sat on her bed Indian-style. She stared straight ahead, and then Alex saw it.

A tear fell from Camilla's eye and she quickly wiped it away.

Carefully and slowly, Alex walked up to her bed and sat on it across from her.

"It's okay to cry," He said softly, looking into her glazed eyes. "I know - I know you're not ready to talk yet, but it'd probably help the process to show some emotion, Camilla."

Camilla looked to the ceiling to keep the tears from falling and she exhaled deeply, letting her head hang. Alex watched her every move and almost wanted to cry himself. He knew she was in a lot of pain, but he wanted to comfort her. He didn't know if they were to that level yet. It had only been one day since she walked into his life.

She really wanted to say something. So she reached behind her for the notepad and pen, then quickly scribbled her words onto it. Alex smiled softly as she wrote, then took it when she held it out toward him.

Then why don't you show emotion? We're in the same condition, Alex.

Slowly, Alex stood up and motioned for Camilla to do the same. Then he slowly embraced her, causing her to let out a loud sob while she leaned her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her tiny frame and rested his chin on her head while he let a few tears escape and cascade down his cheeks.

Never had Alex Gaskarth cried in front of a girl besides Kara, but she was his best friend.

Camilla Sullivan was different.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cried while writing this one.
Don't know why.
I'm probably just emotional.
It's whatever.
My songs that helped me write this chapter?
"Break Out! Break Out! (Acoustic)" by All Time Low
"Something Left To Give" by The Starting Line
&
"In The Middle" by Mat Kearney

Comments would make me so happy right now. :)

Manda :)