Therapy

Chapter Seven

Camilla didn't enjoy surprises in the least bit. But she'd make an exception for Alex Gaskarth. He held a neatly wrapped box with a pink bow on top and white wrapping paper. Camilla ran her fingers across it, before giving Alex a confused look. He motioned for her to proceed, so she did. She neatly tore the tape off the wrapping paper and gently slid the box out of the wrapping, causing Alex to role his eyes. Camilla shrugged up at him. Her mother had always loved to save wrapping paper. It was how she learned to un-wrap presents.

A phone? Camilla thought to herself.

And Alex read her mind, "With un-limited texting. So - you know - technically you're not talking. But - I thought that maybe you'd at least talk to me over it. Hence the T-Mobile colored wrapping paper."

Camilla let out the smallest chuckle, barely audible, then silently thanked Alex.

He shrugged, "It was no biggie. I thought you might like it. And - I want to get to know you more. So - yeah. My number is already programmed in there along with Kara, Zack, Rian, Melissa and Jack. In case you ever needed to call them. Emergency wise. Mom and Dad's numbers are in there.

"If you don't immediately start using it I understand completely Camilla. But I would like to get to know you a little more."

Camilla nodded, then set the phone down beside her. It was a Friday, and almost midnight. Alex's parents had already gone to sleep, and all his friends were out and about. But Alex wanted to spend time with Camilla rather than them for once.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked suddenly.

Camilla smiled softly and nodded, then followed him to the family room downstairs. Camilla sat on the couch.

"Just - wait here. I'll get the popcorn and blankets and I'll put the movie in. Is Sprite okay?" Camilla nodded. "I'll be right back."

Camilla stood up from the couch once he left and walked toward his fireplace. Cliche family pictures were set above the fireplace in a neat arrangement and Camilla stared at them. She saw no one other than Alex in the pictures, guessing the family had taken any of Peter down. It probably caused them pain to look at any pictures of him. Camilla knew that feeling.

She made her way back to the couch and wrapped herself in the blanket Alex had provided her. Then she sighed to herself and turned her head a little when she heard the microwave timer go off. Alex shuffled around the kitchen, excitement boiling in him. He liked being around Camilla. Though she wasn't happy herself, she made him at least a little happier than he was before she came along.

"I'm back," Alex sang, plopping down next to her. "I could only find one bowl - so we shall share the beloved popcorn. And here's your Sprite. And my Sprite." Camilla smiled the tiniest bit at him as he looked through the movies, "There's a wide variety of movies over here." He pushed his lips to the side as he looked at her. She smiled again. "You might want to look over them yourself."

Camilla sighed and stood up, walking toward the huge movie cabinet, filled with almost two hundred DVD's. Camilla's eyes widened and she shook her head slowly, causing Alex to chuckle and push her forward a little. She looked through the first row, The Notebook and Empire Records catching her eye. Then the second; That Thing You Do!, King Kong and Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. Camilla shrugged over at Alex and picked out two of the movies; King Kong and The Notebook. Alex grinned and pointed at the second choice. He was always up for a good Ryan Gosling movie. Camilla wanted to giggle at his choice, but rather left it alone.

The two sat on the couch as Alex started the movie and on instinct, Alex wrapped his arm around Camilla's shoulder, startling her. He realized what he did and cursed himself silently, but didn't let go. Instead, he brought her closer. Camilla smiled warmly as she rested her head on Alex's chest. She could hear his heartbeat, and she could feel the light breeze on her bangs as he exhaled slowly with each breath. When Noah and Allie danced in the street, Alex looked down at Camilla. Her eyes were squinted in the slightest bit at the television, her knees pulled to her chest. She was obviously comfortable.

"I'm glad you're here, Camilla," Alex said softly, causing her to sit up. She smiled softly at him, then looked down at her hands. "And I'm glad you're finally smiling."

'They fell in love, didn't they?

'Yes, they did.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Though its a little short, I like this one.
And its kind of a filler.
But did anyone notice foreshadowing??

Comments would be appreciated.

Love always,
Manda :)