Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Frankie's word

BOBS POV.

Frank came in after Gerard. For some reason he was wearing a long sleeved shirt even though It's a fairly nice day outside. After Frank it was Ray's turn to come and speak to me. I felt really nervous and I could feel my heart pounding.

"Hey," he said, coming over and hugging me tight.

"Hey how are you?" I said.

He pulled back and sat in the chair at the side of the bed.

"I think the question is more how are you?" he asked. He looked concerned and I could see sympathy in his eyes.

"I'm alright. I miss my hair." I felt myself tear up and I wish he would look away.

"Aww Bob It's alright come here," he said hugging me again.

"Can I?" he asked, his hands had made their way to my hoody, his hoody.

I sighed "Yeah go on, you're all going to see it soon enough so why prolong the discomfort," I said. He moved back a little and pulled the hood down slowly.

I feel very exposed now. I've had very short hair before but never bald like this and I have no eyebrows or beard or anything.

"Bob I'm so sorry," he near whispered. His face was still very close to mine and my eyes strayed down to his lips before I wrenched them back up to his eyes.

"Don't be sorry there's nothing you could have done. And like you said, it will grow back," I said, trying to inject some enthusiasm into my voice but failing.

"No, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I feel so stupid!" he said, throwing himself backwards into the chair and putting his head in his hands.

"Didn't say what? What's wrong?" I asked softly. I think he was crying. Sure enough, when he looked at me again, his eyes were brimming with tears.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I feel. I really like you but I'm not sure if anything can come of it now. You're too sick and I should have t..."

I watched his lips the whole time he was talking until the temptation became too great. I leaned over and crashed my lips to his. I just wanted to see what It was like. I pulled back after a few seconds and he still had his eyes closed and lips slightly parted.

He opened his eyes and seemed to come to his senses.

"Look I'm sorry I shouldn't have...." I began but he cut me off by pushing his lips back to mine. I tilted my head to deepen the kiss and he pushed his tongue gently into my mouth. I greeted it with my own and we kissed like that for a while until we heard giggling from the doorway.

We broke apart quickly but It was too late, Frank had seen.

"Frankie, were you perving on us?" asked Ray, going very red in the face. Frank came into the room and shut the door behind him.

"Guys, If you're going to just make out then why don't you try locking the door first?" he asked.

"I...uhh....we...." I stammered, looking at Ray for help but he just shook his head.

"Frank why don't we tell Bob why your wearing a long sleeved shirt today?" Ray said, getting up and advancing on Frank, who successfully cornered himself near the bathroom door.

Ray lunged forward and pulled off Frank's shirt. I gasped. Every inch of skin on his chest and arms was covered in nicotine patches.

I laughed before I could stop myself.

"Frank you're only meant to use one dude!" I laughed. Ray was laughing too and Frank blushing.

"Well one wasn't working so I tried a few more," he said.

"Yeah a few hundred more!" Ray said before we both cracked up laughing again. Even Frank was laughing now, but he was laughing because he had got his shirt back and was putting it on and heading for the door.

"Frank no! You can't tell anyone! Yet," said Ray, glancing over at me and I nodded in agreement.

"Alright keep your knickers on I won't! You have my word that I won't but you have to make this worth my while," he said, looking at Ray evilly.

"Oh god what do you want me to do?" He asked, exasperatedly.

"Oh you'll see but we have to film it and send it on DVD to you," he said, addressing me now "We could have a lot of fun with this," he started his evil laugh as he backed out of the room and shut the door behind him.

"He's going to make me do something horrible like eat worms or something," sighed Ray, sitting back down in the chair beside my bed. I could hear Mikey and Frank arguing about something in the corridor outside.

He sighed and got up. "Look I had better go, they're getting impatient but I'll see you next week." He hugged me again. I didn't want to let go, ever, I wanted to just lay here hugging him for the rest of my life. We stayed like that for ages until finally...

"Dude I really don't want to but I have to move because I'm gettin' a dead arm from staying like this," he laughed softly and I let him go. He left and I felt very empty.

I didn't have long to dwell on this before Katie came and whisked me away for yet another chemo session.

************************************************

I got back to my room almost four hours later, shaking and covered in cold sweat. I took off the hoody Ray gave me and threw it into the chair at my bedside. I paused for a second before stripping down to my boxers and jumping into my bed.

I didn't really give a damn if Katie walked in. I am absolutely boiling. I consider briefly taking a cold shower to cool off but I'm too tired. I lay there on my bed, sweating and feeling more sick by the minute.

Suddenly I am very cold and pull my pajamas back on but leave the hoody off.

A wave of tiredness swept over me and I fell asleep instantly.