Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

One minute silence

*Four weeks later*

GERARD'S POV.

"This next song, goes out to somebody very special tonight!!!!" I screamed into the mic and the crowd screamed right back at me.

"I think you all know who I'm talking about is that right?" they screamed again.

"I SAID IS THAT RIGHT!!!???" They screamed even louder.

"This is our last song so I want every last one of you to sing along."

The piano started and everybody got into their positions.

Lauren had got up from the drum kit as a mark of respect for Bob and lit a little candle and put it on the drum stool. The lighting team dimmed the lights very low except for a low spotlight on each band member.

We were playing cancer. Ending the concert on it for Bob. MTV were covering it and I could see their cameras being wheeled about at the back of the concert, beyond the sea of people before me.

My cue came and I started to sing softly along to the piano.

"Turn away,
If you could get me a drink,
Of water 'cos my lips are chapped and faded........"

Tears started to fall from my eyes as I sang. I thought of Bob and the last time I had seen him.... how terribly weak he was and only just hanging on. My voice started to shake as I sang and more and more tears poured from my eyes. I glanced back and saw Frank strumming his acoustic guitar with tears pouring from his eyes too.... Mikey was playing his bass and struggling to carry on... His face was also shining with tears. Ray was nowhere to be seen. I guess it got too much for him.

RAYS POV.

I fucking told Gerard I didn't want to play cancer tonight!!! And does he EVER listen!!!! I stormed off stage as the music started to be met with Lauren.

She had been doing a great job drumming for us and I thought she and I were getting to be pretty good friends but the look she was giving me now said otherwise.

"You know this is on TV don't you! And the whole of America can see you not going up there and playing this for Bob! He would have wanted it!! I k..know h..he would n..now g..get your g..guitar and g..get back o..on s..stage!!" she sobbed. I seemed to snap to my senses after that.

I ran and picked up my guitar from where I had left it on the side of the stage and plugged it back in. I was just in time for the part when the drums usually come in before the second verse. I turned the distortion up and joined in, playing the song slightly different then usually, allowing the distortion to carry on the notes rather then strumming them lots like Frank was with his acoustic.

I saw all the guys look at me as I came on stage and smile. I just nodded and carried on playing. I watched the crowd and could see almost everyone was crying. A tear trickled down my cheek and my vision blurred, making it difficult to keep playing but It didn't matter, I carried on.

"But if you say." I stepped up my own mic without thinking and sang the echo/harmony to this part which I never normally do.

"Goodbye today...
I'd ask you to be true,
'Cos the hardest part of this
Is leaving you....
'Cos the hardest part of this is leaving you......" The crowd went wild, screaming and clapping their appreciation.

"Can I have everbody's attention please!" Gerard roared into the mic.

The crowd grew quieter and Gee continued to speak....

"Now you all know that we are missing a very important member of the band. Today is the halfway point in his cancer treatment so I want to hold a one minute silence to pray for him and hope that he gets better soon alright everybody? So on the count of three I want everyone to pray and hope that my Friend, our friend, Bob Bryar makes a full recovery and fast OK everybody!!" he shouted the last part and the crowd screamed again.

"OK One.... two.... THREE!"

Silence spread throughout the arena. You could have heard a pin drop, nobody was speaking, nobody was moving, some people had their eyes shut, some had silent tears rolling down their face, others looked genuinely disinterested but you could tell they weren't the true fans.

The minute of eerie silence seemed to drag on forever and I felt worse and worse until Gerard finally said softly.

"Thank you so much everybody and Goodnight!" and we all headed off stage quickly.

I ran straight for the dressing room, pulling off my guitar and leaving it on a rack backstage. I was crying hard now, tears were pouring from my eyes and drenching my black parade jacket.

I reached the dressing room and grabbed my cell phone up from the table.

I had 24 missed calls from.... Bob. He must have been watching the show on TV as it was a special live show, that was played and broadcast only a few seconds behind real time.

I quickly dialed in his number and waited anxiously for him to answer.

One ring.. two... three..four....five rings... six....

"Hello?" he sounded awful, groggy and exhausted.

"Hey you um.. called..a few times?" I asked.

"Yeah I saw the show," he sniffed and coughed. I guess he must have a cold.

"Well? what did you think of the finale?" I asked, seriously unsure of what he was going to say.

"You guy's did'nt have to do that for m..me," he was crying now and it made me feel guilty that I had upset him.

"Shhhh It was nothing don't cry. Were coming to see you tomorow so look forward to that?"

"I seriously can't wait. I feel so shitty all the time all I can do is sleep and when I watch TV it gives me a headache so I only just managed to watch all of the show. The highlight of my life is seeing you guys!" he sounded really upset now. Mikey burst into the dressing room and I shot him a dirty look so he left in a hurry.

"It's OK your halfway now! Not long to go and then you'll be all better! Oh and Frank has warned me that he will be taking his revenge on me for keeping our secret later tonight so I guess you'll have that to watch on DVD or youtube or whatever else he puts it on when he's done with me!"

He laughed weakly. I smiled knowing I had cheered him up a little.

"Well I look forward to it I'll se you tomorow I'm going to sleep now cos I am so tired you wouldn't even beleive," he yawned.

"Yeah I'd better go too. I need a shower I'm all sweaty from the show."

"Alright well have fun," he laughed.

"Yeah I'll see you tomorow Bye."

"Bye"