Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

Heartbeat.

RAYS POV

I walked out of the room, leaving the door open behind me. I sank, shaking, into a chair beside Frankie.

"Did you.... Why are you... Is he ...?" said Frank through broken sobs.

I felt everyones eyes on me. I nodded and we all broke down. I cried, I wailed, I howled, I sobbed and I practically screamed but I knew it wouldnt make any difference. Bob is gone and he's not coming back.

I could hear the heart monitor from where I was sat.

Gee, Frank and Mikey were all huddled together, crying onto various parts of each others bodies and holding each other as if they could never let go.

I could hear the heart monitor but it was beeping. In a slow but inconsistent rythym but it was beating. I got up from my chair and pinched myself on the leg, hard, to check I wasn't dreaming. It hurt so I wasn't. I ran back into his room with some dirty looks from the others.

There he was, sitting bolt upright in his bed and looking downright astounded.

"BOB!!" I screamed and practically jumped on him, hugging him and never wanting to let go.

"What in the hell is going on?" He croaked as I pulled back.

"You... d..died dude and weve all been crying like shit out in the corridor for the past few minutes but now YOUR ALIVE!!!" I hugged him again, tears of happiness poured down my face.

Mikey, Gee and Frankie burst into the room. They all screamed and leapt on Bob.

"Hey get off me guy's your gonna kill me!"

We all got off him instantly. The pain of just that few minutes while he was gone was more then I have ever felt in my life, my whole life combined into one. We all moved back and looked at him expectantly, wanting him to say something.

"I'm gonna puke," he said and tried to get up. He was so weak he could hardly even support his own weight as he walked. He made it to the bathroom and shut the door. A few seconds later I heard him retching and grimaced.

"How is this possible?" asked Gee.

"I dont have a fucking clue but who cares, hes back aint he?!" said Frankie, bouncing on Bob's bed.

"Yeah I guess," I said, glancing at the bathroom door, from which I could still hear puking sounds.

I walked over and knocked on it.

"Bob are you alright in there? Do you want me to get the doc?" I called through the door.

"Yeah I'm g..good," he called back.

"I'm opening the door alright."

"OK but I'm fine."

I went into the small bathroom just as he flushed the toilet. He gave me a weak smile which I returned as he started to walk towards the door.

"Dude I feel like I'm...." He started to fall but I caught him and quickly carried him back to his bed.

"Mikes go get the doc please?" I asked him, propping up Bobs head on his pillows. My hand brushed against something soft that wasn't a pillow. It was my hoody that I had given to him almost 6 weeks ago. My heart skipped a beat, he slept with this under his pillow? I was truly touched by his cuteness.

Mikey came back into the room a few seconds later with Katie in tow. She quickly checked Bob's pulse before linking him back up to his heart rate monitor. I was releived to see that his heart rate was back up to a strong, steady rythym.

"Guys I think hes going to be OK. He is just completely exhausted and he hasn't been eating for almost 2 weeks now but I'm going to force feed him as soon as he wakes up unless one of you wants to do the honours?" Mikey and Frank grinned evilly.

"Oh yeah It's no problem we can make sure he eats something," smirked Frankie.

She nodded. "I'll wait with you until he wakes up which shouldn't be too long and then you guy's can make sure he eats something while I go and run over his test results from earlier."

Around ten minutes later Bob started to stir in his unconsious sleeping state. Katie had left to check his test results and It was just us guys in the room alone.

"Oh god," he moaned in his sleep. He was laying on his side facing the wall and we were sat around his other side so he wasn't facing us.

I don't think any of the other guys noticed because Gee was on the phone to Brian and Mikey and Frank were not in their seats, they were over in the far corner of the room talking in low voices to each other.

I leaned in closer to Bob, wanting to hear what he was saying in his sleep.

"Oh shit yes!" he moaned again and then kind of giggled.

I seriously hoped the others hadn't heard this. They hadn't luckily, they were all growing impatient and had left to get coffee.

"FUCK!" He suddenly cried, causing me to giggle. This must be some pretty intense dream he's having, I wonder who It's about?

"Ohhh Ray..." he moaned.

Shit. Bob is having dirty dreams about me. And theres nothing I can do about it because we happen to be in a hospital.

I felt awkward now. If he woke up he would know I heard him but if he stayed asleep I had no idea how far this dream would go.

I got up and walked around to the other side of his bed. He had an expression of pure pleasure on his face and his lips were slightly apart.

I leaned in and kissed them gently. No tongues or anything, just a gentle, loving kiss to see how he reacted. I moved back and his eyes snapped open.

"How did I know you'd fall for that?" he growled, pulling me forcefully back into the kiss.

"You know me too well baby," I mumbled against his lips.

"Mmmmm but I'm not complaining," he muttered before pressing his lips back into mine again. His tongue slid into my mouth and I moaned gently, greeting it with my own and swirling them together. I heard the heart rate monitors beeping increase to a quicker pace and smirked into the kiss, knowing what I was doing to him.

I broke the kiss but hardly moved away.

"We shouldn't be doing this. Not here, not now, It isn't that I don't love every second of it, this just isn't the moment really," I said awkwardly. Our faces were less then an inch apart and I looked deep into his eyes.

I could see the hurt in them, the agony of what he was going through but I could see something else, something like a spark of something.

The grey colour had gone and the bright blue had returned, I remembered him saying something a long time ago about his eyes getting brighter when he was really happy. I must have made him really happy then.

"I agree," he said softly. "I don't want to pass out again but one more kiss can't hurt?" He pleaded with his eyes until I gave in and closed the gap between our lips.

The door opened behind us but we didn't notice, or care. We were so caught up in the kiss. It was mind blowing, amazing, incredible, breath taking and I never wanted it to end.