Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

In the clear.

BOBS POV.

"Bob wake up! GET UP!!!!" It was Katie and I don't think that her being my doctor gives her the excuse to wake me up at.... whatever time in the morning this is.

"What do you want?" I say through a yawn. I know that sounded rude but it was rude of her to wake me up.

"I just got back you test results from earlier and YOUR ALL CLEAR!!" she cried, jumping up and down excitedly in the doorway to my room.

"I WHAT!?!?" I cried, jumping out of bed. I still feel sick but I think it's the chemo stuff working It's way out of my system. My treatments had been less this week and I was feeling a little more like my old self, I still have a long way to go but I am actually getting better!

"Your getting better! The cancer has gone and In a month you can go back to the guys!" She still sounded excited but something wasn't quite right...

"Wait.... did you just say a month?" I asked, sitting back down on the edge of my bed.

"Urm yeah... because you became so weak during your treatments, your immune system is very very low and you will just get ill if you leave now. About a month should be long enough for your body to recover enough to leave."

I sighed and nodded, slightly disappointed because I thought that like as soon as I got the all clear I would be able to go back to the guys and more importantly, Ray.

"I'll come and see you later because it's a big day today!" she still sounded excited.

"What do you mean? The guys don't visit until tomorrow..."

"No your arm comes out of its cast today!" she smiled.

"Oh! sweet! Thanks a lot, night Katie," I said as she left the room. I snatched my cell phone up off my bedside table.

Its 2:11 am but I don't give a damn... he has to know.

I quickly dialed in the number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello and do you know what time this is?" he yawned.

I smiled to myself.

"Oh It's alright I'm sorry if I woke you I just had some important news like the fact that I GOT THE ALL CLEAR!!!" There was a stunned silence for a few seconds.

"Bob?" he asked, still obviously very sleepy.

"Yep, the one and only"

"Hold on." He yawned "You did what?"

"How tired are you?"

"Jusst a little," he slurred.

"Ray..... have you been drinking? Like at all?" Oh my god he's drunk. He never gets drunk. I remember this one time on tour he even told me off for getting drunk.....

*************************FLASHBACK***********************

I turned up back at the bus and It must have been four in the morning. I was completely plastered and couldn't even walk properly.

I walked into the door before realizing I had to turn the handle before I could get into the bus. After I had finally figured out that part and got into the bus somebody seized me roughly by the shoulders.

"Where have you been man!" they asked me. I couldn't see their face in the darkness but they were holding onto my shoulders really tight.

"I been out and now I going to shleeeep," I slurred, They shook me roughly.

"Your drunk?" they asked me, stopping shaking my shoulders to let me speak.

"No ssshhit sh..Sherlock." I tried to walk towards my bunk.

"How much have you had to drink?" They grabbed my shoulders again to stop me walking away and I swayed on my feet.

"Just ssome beer and other ssstuff."

"Like?" they asked me.

"I don't remember now let me sssleeep." I pushed past them and fell flat on my face.

"Bob are you alright?" they helped me up.

I started giggling. Ha ha I fell down!

Whoever it was helped me into my bunk and I fell asleep. I woke up late the next morning with a pounding headache and Ray standing over me. I jumped.

"Dude why the fuck are you watching me sleep?" I groaned and grabbed my head, how much had I drank last night?

"I was waiting for you to wake up, you were absolutely wrecked last night! Here, have these and I'll tell everyone else to keep it down for the next hour or so until they kick in properly and I want you to promise me you won't do this again" he said sternly.

"Yes mother," I said sarcastically, snatching the painkillers from his hands along with the glass of water he was holding.

"Promise me?"

"Yes fine whatever now I want to go to sleep!" I downed the painkillers and water in one and threw the plastic cup on the floor before rolling over and going back to sleep.

***********************END FLASHBACK***********************

"Ray, are you drunk?" I asked again when he didn't answer.

"Maybe a little but THIS IS GREAT!! I can't wait to some and visit you!" He might be a little drunk but I don't really mind too much now as he finally understands what I'm saying.

"And I got some more good news!" I say, excited as Frankie on Christmas morning.

"What is it?"

"My arm comes out of it's cast today so then I can drum again!"

"AWESOME!" I could hear something in the background, people speaking, It was unclear at first but then I could hear them properly, It was Mikey and he sounded pretty upset.

"Ray you promised us you would stop and you just go out and get wasted again! What were you thinking?" What does he mean 'stop'? is there something I'm missing here?

"I wasn't thinking Mikes and if you don't mind I'm in the middle of a phone call."

"Is is Bob?"

"Is it your business?"

"Urm.... yeah! If it's Bob then It's as much my business as it is yours!"

"It's Bob," he sighed.

"Let me speak with him." Next thing I knew Mikey was on the phone.

"Hey Bob what makes you call us at this hour?"

"Urm... I got the all clear so I'm...."

"BOB THAT'S GREAT!!" He screamed girlishly down the phone. Mikey told the others what I had just told him and I heard Frank shriek in the background and Gerard continually congratulating me on getting better.

"Yeah I know right. It means I can come back on tour in about a month or so and stuff!" I was completely overjoyed! I thought I was going to die but now I'm getting better!!

"Dude this is awesome!"

"Yeah tell me about it... but now I'm sleepy so goodnight." I suddenly felt tired again and realized that I was still very ill and needed to sleep.

"Awww alright dude no problem, speak to you tomorrow!"

"Alright bye and keep any alcohol away from Ray please, just until I get back and I can take it from there."

"Did he tell you about...." I heard frantic 'shushing' sounds in the background.

"Tell me what? Who did what? I wanna know?!" I protested.

"Ha funny story there.... I'll speak to ya soon man goodnight, or morning or whatever...." he hung up.

What the hell is going on here?

[ A/N See! I told you it would get happier! But whats in store for the next chapter?? Find out by commenting..... Comments = updates and no comments = NO updates. clear? Happy reading! Alex x.x.<3]