Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

The optimist

FRANKS POV.

When they brought Bob out of the bus I thought he was dead. His eyes were wide open and he was so pale, it was like he had no blood in his body. Ray came out next, he only had scratches and a busted lip and nose. I wouldn't let the paramedics take me to the hospital though, not until I have seen that Gee is alright. He means everything to me and I don't think I could live without him anymore, I'm addicted to him.

The same firefighter that brought out everyone else carried him out, he wasn't moving at all but before I could get anywhere near him they put him in an ambulance and took him off to the hospital. I hadn't seen Mikey at all, they took him away as soon as he was brought out.

I breathed a small sigh of relief, all of the band were safe and out of the way of further harm. I turned around to go to the ambulance that they had been trying to coax me into since I got dragged out of the bus but then I heard more shouting behind me.

"LAUREN NO!" Screamed another firefighter on the scene as the same one that brought all of us out sprinted back towards the bus to get a little girl that was on top of it.

The fuel ignited just as she leaped off the top and started to run away from it. There was a massive explosion and she was hurled 10ft into the air and landed with a sickening thud. The girl, miraculously, landed on the grass verge at the side of the road and got up OK.

Her colleagues rushed over to her, they were all screaming for a medic but nobody was going over there. I took one last look at the woman who saved all our lives laying on the ground and started to walk over.

"No I'm sorry your friends are safe now you are coming to the hospital NOW!" said a pushy paramedic that had been trying to mop me up for the last ten minutes.
"But..." I began but she practically dragged me into the back of the ambulance and shut the door.

My head gave a painful throb and I gasped. She started to mop me up, cleaning the wound and dabbing all the blood from it off my face. I felt sick and shaky and completely exhausted. I lay down and shut my eyes.
"Your going to need stitches when we get to the hospital," she told me when she was done cleaning it. She put had a dressing on it and bandaged around my head to stop the bleeding.
"You might have a concussion so sit up please, I don't want you falling asleep."
I groaned and sat up, begrudgingly making conversation with her all the way to the hospital to show that I was alert and responsive.

When we reached the hospital they put 8 stitches in the gash on the my head and checked me for a concussion which I didn't have. Brian was here and thank god he had worked it so that we would have a small ward to ourselves, I didn't really fancy having to hang around somewhere with fans swarming me and I don't think the other guys would either.

They told me to get some rest and gave me some clean, fresh, white hospital pajamas to change into. I changed in the doctors room while he went out and then made my way down to the room they had told us we had, getting lost several times.

I hate hospitals, that awful smell of cleaning agent and death and sickness and so much white everywhere, it made me shudder. I reached the room and wondered if any of the other guys would be in here yet. I opened the door quietly in case they were sleeping but there was no-one in there.

I checked, there was a chart at the foot of my comfortable single bed with my name on it so I was in right room. I had just laid down when the door knocked.

"Come in," I called wearily, I just want to sleep is that too much to ask!

"Frankie thank god!" It was Ray. I leaped out of bed and hugged him tightly, I felt something drip onto my head.

"Dude why are you crying?" I asked when we broke apart.

"They don't know if Bob is going to make it. He lost so much blood and he's really weak." His voice cracked and he started crying again.

"Oh my god." I started crying too. I couldn't loose Bob, we couldn't loose Bob. If he died I would never get over it. I didn't want to discuss it further, no what ifs? or anything like that. Ray clearly didn't want to discuss it either.

"So what's the damage?" He asked me, walking over and flinging himself down on one of the other beds.

"Nothing really, just got stitches in my head." I pulled back my fringe so he could see where the nurse had stitched up the gash.

"What about you? Some of those scratches look pretty nasty," I said.

"Not really, Only the ones on my arms were deeper, I busted my nose pretty bad though, It's not broken so I guess I was lucky. The ones in my arms are stitched, well most of them but the others are OK I just need to make sure to keep them clean while they heal."

I nodded. "Dude do you mind If I go to sleep now It's just I'm completely exhausted but if you want I will wait with you until someone else gets here?"

"I dunno, you can wait if you want, I don't know how long they will be," He broke off, looking at the floor and avoiding my gaze.

"Don't worry about Bob," I said, as if reading his mind "He's a fighter and I'm sure he will be alright," I smiled encouragingly but he didn't return it.

"What will we do without him? what if he doesn't pull through? What will I do without him?" He said very quietly as if speaking them aloud might cause them to come true.

It was common knowledge that Bob was a huge contributor to My Chemical Romance and our unique sound, he writes a lot of the music and Is one of the hardest working people I have ever met.

Ray and Bob are always hanging out, they're like the best of friends and I can't see Ray if Bob doesn't pull through, it would destroy him but it would destroy all of us I just don't think Ray would ever truly recover

"Ray, I don't want to even think like that! If that happens then we will deal with it when it does and not a minute before do you understand me?"

He smiled faintly
"You know Frankie, you are such an optimist sometimes," He said quietly before laying down and pulling his blanket up and over his head and disappearing from view.