Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

The last time.

BOBS POV.

"Alright calm it down in here! Someone is supposed to be resting," said Katie as she came in to the room.

"I am resting! Look I'm in bed and everything," I said indignantly.

"No your supposed to be sleeping."

"I am sleeping!" I quickly let my head droop on to Ray's shoulder and shut my eyes. I let out a loud, fake snore and everyone roared with laughter, except for Katie.

"OK that's enough you lot. Anyway, Bob come with me you have treatment now."

"Do I have to?" I moaned, sitting back up again.

"Yes."

"Can I miss it, please?" I asked, putting on my best puppy dog eyes expression that everyone always gives in to.

"No."

"Pwease??"

"No and don't you look at me like that!"

"Fine then. Give me five minutes to say goodbye to everyone and then I'll be right there."

"OK five minutes only," she said, leaving the room.

I pulled a face behind her as she left and Frankie saw and snorted with laughter.

"Alright I'll see you guys next time," I said, standing up to hug everyone goodbye. I saw Gee nudge Mikey and the both of them give me a worried look as I stood up.

I hugged Frankie first, then Gee, then kissed Ray goodbye quickly after a long hug and was left with only Mikey in the room.

"Bob I really don't mean to sound rude but when did you last eat?" he asked, still with that 'I'm so worried' look on his face.

"I don't actually remember, sometime yesterday," I said but I knew it was a downright lie. I was getting thinner without having to exercise and I liked it, I always wanted to be thinner like Mikey or more muscly like Ray but I really hate exercise.

"Are you sure cos you're getting really skinny, like thinner then me." He still looked worried.

"Mikey I'm fine seriously, I don't feel hungry anyway." Another lie, I was starving hungry but not about to crack and eat something.

"I'm being serious now, how much do you weigh?" Butt out Mikey It's my business not yours.

"Not a clue now gimme a hug and get out or Katie will shoot me for being late."

He sighed and hugged me reluctantly.

"Oh and Mikey," I said as he walked towards the door.

"Hmm?"

"Don't worry about being the only straight one in the band, your the only married one too remember?"

"Yeah but I miss Alicia so bad when were on tour and you guys all have each other so that's why I was a bit bummed about it is all."

"I never thought about that side of it."

"Yeah, see you next time," he said, walking out and shutting the door behind him.

I sighed and slumped back on my bed. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was being shaken awake by a very pissed off Katie. I got up, stretched and walked down the corridor behind her towards the all too familiar plain white door.

MIKEY'S POV.

"Did any of you guys notice how thin he's getting?" I asked everyone as we got back to the bus.

"Yeah I bet if he took his shirt off you could see his ribs," sighed Gee, sitting down on the couch.

"When I hugged him I could feel all his ribs," said Ray concernedly as he walked over to the coffee machine and switched it on.

"You don't think he'll like, you know, starve himself until he's ill or something awful like that will he?" asked Frankie, sitting down on Gees lap and cuddling in close to him.

"I don't know really, I don't think he would, he's smarter then to do that to himself," I said and Ray nodded.

"Oh god what if he eats and then makes himself sick 'cos he thinks he's fat or something stupid like that?" said Gee.

"He isn't fat! He never was and if he thinks he is then he needs to get his head straight! Hes just plain perfect and I wish he could see it," said Ray, resting his head in his hands.

"You really like him don't you?" Frankie said softly.

"I love him more then anything else in the world," said Ray, getting up and quickly heading towards the bunks.

"Aww poor Ray," I said, sitting down on the other couch to Gee and Frank.

"Yeah I worry about him so much. It must be hard for him," said Gee, cuddling Frank close.

"Let's watch a movie or something to try and cheer him up." Frank suggested.

"Yeah I'll go and ask him." I got up and headed towards the bunks.

I walked in and he was sat on the edge of one of the bunks with Lauren. She had her arms around him and he was crying into her shoulder. I sat down gently beside him and put a hand on his back.

"Shh Ray it's alright."

"No Mikey it's not. I really have had enough of this," he said, wiping his eyes.

"In just over three weeks we'll have Bob back! Come on, let's go watch a movie or something and cheer you up a little." He nodded and stood up.

"Ray, seriously don't worry about it he'll be fine, he's a fighter, look at everything he's already made it through and now he's getting much better," said Lauren, hugging him quickly.

"Thanks Lauren," he said with a weak smile. We all walked into the lounge to find Gee and Frank making out on the couch.

I sighed and walked over to the sink and filled a glass with cold water. I handed it to Ray and he threw it over them, causing them to spring apart.

"Your not nice," said Frank, flicking a strand of wet fringe out of his face.

"What movie?" I asked.

"Nothing scary please, just something funny to lighten the mood," said Ray, sitting down on the couch next to Lauren.

"Hmm.... we got white chicks, Borat or...." I didn't hear what else we had because Frank decided to scream 'BORAT!' at the top of his voice.

"That alright with everyone?" sighed Gee, putting the disk in the DVD player. We all shrugged and sat down. Frankie produced a big bag of skittles from somewhere and we all ate them until they were all gone. By the end of the film Frank was hyper and running round and round the couch screaming his head off.

"Somebody catch him and gag him and tye him up or something," I sighed, heading towards my bunk.

I quickly got changed and fell into my bunk, I shut the curtain and fell asleep almost instantly.

RAYS POV.

It was very late and again I couldn't sleep. I lay in my bunk, wide awake, thinking desperately of what I could do when my phone started to ring in the kitchen where I had left it. I quickly and silently leapt out of my top bunk and ran to get the phone before it woke everyone else up.

"Hello?"

It was silent on the other end and I sighed.

"Hello is anyone there?" I asked again.

"Ray," came a weak voice on the other end of the phone.

"Who is this?" I asked, not recognising the voice.

"Ray It's me look I can't talk for long but something's happened and I..." he stopped talking and his breathing became heavier.

"Bob keep talking to me, what's going on?"

"After I had my treatment I.. I passed out and now I..."

"Bob what happened? talk to me? Your scaring me now."

"I think I'm g..getting worse again."

"You feel bad because you've had treatment, go to sleep and you'll feel better when you wake up."

"I've been asleep, I can't stop throwing up now. I have a headache and a fever and I feel like shit and I'm really really scared. This is how I felt the night before you visited me and then I..."

"Shhh It's alright. Calm down and just go back to bed, I'm sure It's nothing. I thought you got the all clear? " It's really hard to be supportive and tell him everythings going to be alright when I'm so scared for him.

"No this was my last treatment." he said.

"You see! You'll be feeling better in no time!" that came out all wrong, I was meant to sound happy but I sounded really unsure of myself.

"You think?"

"This was the last time you have chemo, now you can recover from it! It does bad things to you man but in the long run you will get bette.r"

"Are you sure?" he still sounded pretty scared.

"Trust me, you'll be fine."

[A/N Comments?]