Sequel: Finding Gerard
Status: Complete

Trust Me

A misjudgment.

BOBS POV.

"I don't see what the problem is, I'm only on a god damn diet!" I insisted but they were having none of it.

"Yeah right Bob its more like a starvation diet," said Frank. Shut it short ass or I'll stick a.......

"Frank shut up this has nothing to do with you." I stood up to leave.

"This has nothing to do with any of you and I would appreciate it if you could please just let me do this on my own." I forced myself to stay calm but my fists were shaking with anger.

"Do what on your own? Starve yourself until your ill?" said Mikey, getting up as well.

"Sit down Mikey," I said through gritted teeth as I tried to contain it.

"Why don't you sit down! Don't tell me to fucking sit down!" he said angrily.

"FUCK OFF!" I roared as loud as I could and hurried from the room, almost knocking over Brian who was on his way in, as I left.

"Bob where are you...?" he started as I walked away down the corridor.

"Back to the bus and tell all those bastards not to come anywhere near me or I'll fucking kill them with my bare hands." I cannot understand why I am so angry over this.

I stormed back to the bus where I made my way straight to the back, where Ray kept all his weights and stuff.

I lay down on the bench and lifted the bar. It was heavy, very heavy but not too much that I couldn't work with it. I benched the weight in sets of 10 for about 15 minutes when I heard a movement behind me and put the bar back on it's stand and sighed deeply.

"Ray I know your there," I said, closing my eyes and remaining laying on the bench.

"I guess you caught me," his voice sounded higher then usual. I opened my eyes and sat up to face him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Just.... look I don't think you should be doing this, It's not good for you." I studied his face carefully and it looked like he had been crying. He was really worried, he really does care for me.

"It's my decision and I want to do this."

He smiled faintly to himself and looked away from my eyes.

"I knew you would say that so I made a decision of my own," he said, his voice was getting quieter like he didn't want to say what he was about to say but wanted to for another reason.

"Which is?" I said, encouraging him to continue.

"I can't do this anymore Bob. Us, it's got to stop, I can't be with you when your like this, I loved who you were but not who your becoming. Nothing can happen between us, I'm sorry." He looked at the floor and I felt my heart drop.

Breaking up? We were hardly even together for any time at all, I love him, more then anything and he is going to just say that nothing can happen? He can't do this!

"Ray I never knew...." I was lost for words.

"No I didn't think you did. You think your doing this for me but all your doing is forcing me away, shutting me out."

I shook my head in disbelief at what he was telling me.

"No... no I didn't."

"Yes you did and I want you to know that I think your perfect, I always have, no matter what you thought or think now, I love you but I can't be with you unless you get this sorted out, right now." I could hear it in his voice, this is hurting him to say it as much as it is hurting me to hear it.

"I will sort it out, I promise." I got up and walked past him in the doorway and over to the kitchen. Frank and Gee were sat cuddled up on the couch and I couldn't bear to look at them as I passed, that should be Ray and I. Mikey was in the kitchen and almost jumped out of his skin when he saw me come in to the room.

"Bob! Jesus you scared me!" he gasped.

"Yeah well I have that effect on people," I said bitterly as I rummaged through the fridge for something worth eating.

"Something wrong?" he asked. I could always talk to Mikey when something was wrong, he was always so supportive and the times I had followed his advice, it had given good consequences.

"Yeah, Ray and I are finished," I said. I could hardly believe I was saying it, I had heard Ray say it but the words coming out of my own mouth seemed to make it official, maybe even permanent.

"Dude I'll talk to him, I know how he feels about you and there's no way he would finish it over something like this."

"Don't talk to him about me. I don't wanna talk to him, I don't even wanna look at him, in fact I wish he would just fuck off right now because I don't care about him anymore." I heard a gasp from the doorway and pulled my head out of the fridge.

Ray, Frank, Gee and Mikey all stared at me from where they were stood in the doorway.

"You don't mean that," said Mikey firmly. "Ray he doesn't mean it, he's just upset is all."

Ray's eyes brimmed with tears but I felt no sympathy, only a rush of anger towards the man I thought for nearly three years now, that I loved.

"Don't even bother! I don't feel sorry for you, your the one that just went and called it off remember! I couldn't give a shit about how you feel anymore, you obviously don't care about how I feel or you wouldn't have ended things. I thought you were different from all the other fuckers that I've dated in the past but I guess I was wrong. I misjudged you and I regret that I didn't see you for who you truly are when I first met you." I couldn't believe I had said it, I just started talking and everything I was feeling at that moment just came tumbling out all at once.

From the looks of disbelief on everyone elses face they didn't believe I had just said all that either. I slammed the fridge shut and stormed out of the bus and into the cold rainy night.

Ray was following me. I glanced back and saw him, I wished he hadn't come, I don't want him to see this.